/pmp/ - Personal Media Players General

Capeshit Edition
This thread is for the discussion of portable mp3/FLAC/OGG Vorbis players.
>inb4 phone
>inb4 streaming
Useful Guide(s)
• The General /pmp/ Guide spit.mixtape.moe/view/fefcb363
• Converting an iPod video 5G/5.5G to a rockboxed player with an msata SSD and a 3000 mAh battery web.archive.org/web/20170708033500/http://nullvoid.station.moe/Freedom-Hardware/Video5G-Rockbox/
• Third party battery guide
iflash.xyz/3rd-party-extended-battery-guide/Guide for iPod 6G/7G needs adding/making
• Reminder to use Rockbox DEV builds when available.
• Use the SonyNWDestTool to remove the volume limiter/warnings on most of the Walkman series
rockbox.org/wiki/SonyNWDestTool

• Archived Threads : rbt.asia/g/search/subject/pmp/

Attached: fuck marvel.jpg (650x325, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.it/dp/B07BF99JH3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_RlvpDbH4S1J3B
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

zune died in 2015

MiniDisc has been 'dead' for longer, that doesn't stop people from using it.

what people

Old people and young hipsters, I'd imagine

people that arent hip enough for DAT

Attached: IMG_5212.jpg (2448x3264, 1.57M)

Repost from pervious thread.
What are some good Rockbox themes? Most of the ones on the website are ugly as sin.
Also, are portable AMPs worth it if I'm going to be using mostly IEMs?

Attached: IMG_20190727_134847.jpg (3120x4160, 984K)

>I'd imagine
We already know you are imagining else you wouldn't have even mentioned it.

Nobody uses minidisc you fucking retard.

Any PMPs that run FOSS OSs?

Attached: 2077.jpg (792x844, 138K)

Rockbox is FOSS and many PMPs (including fucking iPods) support it

There are ipod 5th gens selling for 40 bucks or less right now, convince me not to get one

Why didn't the mod community figure out how to get rockbox on the zune? Whyyyyy?!?!?

plebs

Attached: 1-Main_Pic.jpg (2000x1125, 242K)

Get a nano third gen

I'm interested in getting an iPod for my music.

ipod mini or ipod classic?
more importantly I want to know why people use the classic over the mini

Yeah 2 of the ones I had died on me. Only my launch day zune hd remains, but it is just 16gb.

No Rockbox and low storage capacity

I got a nice condition iPod classic 7th for $80 and still think it was worth it (especially compared to the cheap chink players under $300). If the screen isn't fucked that's still a great deal for iPod 5th gen.

Victure Lettore mp3 100 Ore di Autonomia Lettore Musicale Senza Dispersione di Suono Portatile 8gb di Memoria Interna di Base Espandibile fino a 64gb con Auricolari Radio FM Registratore Vocale amazon.it/dp/B07BF99JH3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_RlvpDbH4S1J3B

Sup Jow Forumsentlemen, my wife is delivering in a few days and wants an MP3 player to bring to the hospital. Her phone is an old ass IPhone 5c with barely any storage or battery left, and she doesn't want to get a new phone yet, which would be the wisest course of action. Hence I need a cheap, bare bones player to get from Amazon (no time to wait for Chinese resellers) like that in the link. Budget 30€. Thank you for your support!

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-28-10-22-58-489_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.png (1080x2246, 573K)

Stupid pastanigger chinkshit will always be chinkshit, doesn't matter what you buy.

Attached: 133186557214.png (765x540, 281K)

my shanling m0 is cute
CUTE

So ?

I love the zune!

Why should I get anything else than my iPhone XS Max 512GB?

Heaphone jack

Use whatever displays cover art in maximum resolution

So what's a good player aside from ipod that does rockbox, and if im lucky, removable storage? I need at least 128 gb for essential music.

Attached: KIMG0028.jpg (1920x2560, 461K)

128gb seems like an overkill
Clip+ does rockbox and it has removable storage, but only up to 32gb (or more? dunno)

My music collection takes up maybe 90gb of a 128 ssd, the rest of the space i use for misc storage, like a usb, and portable programs.