Will this make using Windows laptops obsolete?

Will this make using Windows laptops obsolete?

Attached: 9C36DD44-8955-4B25-88B1-ABC1C3CF40A1.jpg (2400x1937, 1.67M)

People asked this 8 years ago

No

I'm using one and no. There are too many programs intended for full desktop that a Pro can't get by with just it.

I use Razer Blade for high intensity apps and games, iPad Pro for general browsing because it's way more enjoyable to use, and Pixel 3A for phone tasks

i hope so, laptops are really shit these days

>Implying engineers will be using shitty ARM hardware for AutoCAD on site

can't believe there's people out there that would shell a thousand+ bucks on that piece of shit with ios on steroids. they denatured their OSes so much it's almost funny

no

I have one and its great for content consumption and sketching/note taking, but use laptop for everything else. it is rough switching back to a 60hz screen after using the pro though, the display on this thing is amazing

I got mine new for 675. its on sale frequently.

>Can't even create a folder
>Replace laptops

Not even in the slightest. Mainly because Apple refuses to adopt pic related. 1TB mSD cards with 200MB/s speeds are slated to go for under $100 next year and we'll finally get 2TB cards for around $200 when they first launch.

Combine this with 4K video content (either recorded or downloaded) and it makes iPads obsolete.

Attached: Untitled.png (1337x636, 364K)

Lol iPads will never not sell

this post reeks of desperation

Attached: IMG_37309A12AF87-1.jpg (2388x1668, 656K)

A lot of obsolete things are still used today satan. For example the japanese still buy fax machines despite there being better more efficient alternatives.

How do you feel about ?

I currently use a usb c portable SSD with my iPad and you can use SD cards with a USB C dongle. Is the criticism that you can't stick it inside? that's fair. I understand why some people would need that

Tell me more about your inate love of dongles.

Attached: images.jpg (301x168, 5K)

I don't love dongles but usb c has simplified my set up a lot as I can connect to everything on my desk with one cable. Why are you so mad?

>I don't love dongles
>I just like big things dangling off my iPad like a pair of nutsacks
Alright, you do you boo.

No software or hardware compatibility

>will X make (anything x86 or windows) obsolete
No.

this piece of $1,000 shit can't even do simple tasks like dowload torrents or view webM's, let alone try to create them.

ironically the stupidest thing
>lacking webm
imagine a 1000+$ device not being able to play 2019 version of a fucking GIF
laptop master race

Attached: hm.jpg (1080x1415, 517K)

it can edit fork footage tho

Autism. The thread.

VLC for iPad opens WEBMs.

Tell me again if ipad support mouse.

It’s like three extra clicks and you know it bud.

Attached: 0E48AD09-9C78-49B4-843C-14AAA87472D0.gif (240x176, 912K)

/thread

When it runs every Windows application and can toggle to a desktop interface for use with peripherals. QEMU isn't quite there yet for Windows on ARM.

Linux on DeX and UserLAnd run Linux on Android nicely on my S9+, but they are limited by lack of RAM compared to a desktop. An S10+ with 12GB will solve that for light use but I'm waiting for prices to drop.

>mfw my workstation has 256GB
>mfw my laptop has 128GB
>mfw my tablet has 64GB
>mfw it doesn't matter because I have 802.11ac, 10GE fiber, and a 28TB NAS

normies can have cloud storage

it does in iOS 13, just confirmed

This. 3D modeling would be absolute shite. Also GIS and databases.

>Coffee with Ravi

NA is so cucked lmfao.

webms are worse than mp4/h264 in every way

>dowload torrents
You can if aren't a brainlet and know how to sideload on iOS.

It's on sale right now, I was considering getting one as the newest os upgrade seems to have improved it substantially. All I use my surface book for is web browsing, watching stuff when traveling, and editing pictures when on the go.

is the update out yet? Can I finally use my mouse with the RDP client?

i hope so

what the fuck is wrong with your text rendering

For the average normie as a facebook machine? Sure. For people that actually use their laptops for more than that? Lol no.

Is that XP?

it's "i'm 12 and disabled font antialiasing because i heard bitmaps fonts are cool", not understanding the difference between antialiasing scalable fonts, and bitmap fonts

I think people say this shit until they actually use Apple products. I'm typing this on a MacBook Pro, and it's the best laptop I've ever owned, I've also used 2 Thinkpads with windows and Linux, had a gaming laptop which also used windows and Linux, and the 100% best computing experience is a Mac

I have multiple macbook pros and ipads and I still tell people it's uter shite. (I need them to develop on Mac and iOS because you know? Apple!)

I'd use my XPS laptop over any of my Macbook Pros ANY DAY even my old thinkpad x220 meme is better than this butterfly keyboard super heating piece of shit

Next time something breaks and you try to replace a part and you find out it's soldered and you can't do shit. You will remember this post. Fuck Apple and fuck Apple fags.

Attached: Dqw9TCqVYAEoHyD.jpg (2048x946, 82K)

Unless tablets still work after beating someone to death with it's not going to replace a laptop.

No but it will be a blessing for everyone having to deal with tech illiterates that are too stupid to not fuck up Windows, are too dumb for GNU/Linux and can't shell out the money for MacOS.
It's basically a competitor to ChromeOS but without being terribly shitty, iPads cost as much as the average Chromebook and even if those have some advantages, I'd trust Apple over Google.

It has for me. I sometimes RDC into my win10 but that’s it.

why do retards on this website think that anyone that disagrees with them is mad

No. I watch my parents struggle to do real work on their ipads. Its commical. My mother will move back to the laptop, but my father is very very stubborn and has gone so far as to get a wireless keyboard and a stand for the 10" shit screen pad.

Will hotdog cutters make knives obsolete?

iToddlers sure love their LoliPads.

My normalfag sister tried the iPad as a PC thing for a bit. She just recently bought a new gaming PC with nVidia GTX. I don't think she even uses the iPad anymore lol

This same sister also switched to iPhone and now wants another Android phone. Her haptic touch button died and it feels slow now thanks to Apple

You'll be using your iPad a lot more when your Razer Blade pos dies in 1 month.

iOS is laughably bad. Every time I use my 6th gen iPad I want to kill myself. Native apps run like shit. Safari crashes without fail every time I use it. Wi-Fi is hopeless. Setting are a joke. Things are hidden in places you'd never think to look, if the setting even exists in the first place (it doesn't). Graphical glitches out the ass. When it auto-rotates it often gets stuck and looks like a goofy fucking budget chinkshit UI. Doing anything takes double the amount of steps than it should. And the apps... for the love of God, hide them in a drawer.

And you think adding their shitty widgets to the home screen is going to replace notebooks? Mc fucking LOL. Honestly I can't believe people willing put up with this. It's just all so tiresome.

Thanks for reading my blog post, please like and subscribe.

Attached: tumblr_inline_ml1t3dXBDc1qz4rgp.jpg (290x385, 18K)

Remote Desktop into your laptop or home server.

SD cards are for the poor and technologically backwards. all physical media is antiquated. Get a home server and use cloud storage. I can access my 40TB Media server from anywhere.

Doesn't iCloud leak everything to government agencies and get hacked by teenagers on a weekly basis?

eh maybe for students if they add a micro sd slot and the wireless pencil chager from the pro.

bad bait desu. 2/10

Never. Retards need to stop pretending there can only be one type of computer in existence.

Attached: 1562384780460.png (800x480, 212K)

Are there windows tablets similar to ipad pro?

Surface RT.

That's Google Drive and Microsoft Onedrive. And if you read the post you replied to it said home server not iCloud. You do know how to setup your own home file server and securely access it over the internet right? This is Jow Forums afterall.

Windows tablets are trash.

if you mean is there something as slim as an ipad that can run full windows, then no. the only thing that comes close is the surface pro, and not only is it nowhere near as slim or compact, it doesn't run that well. the cpu is mid tier at best and the gpu is subpar. honestly, the ipad itself is the best performance mobile device right now, but because of it being only iOS and not at least a macOS compliant system, it's reduced to just being a netflix and facebook square. feels bad.

i wish there was an ipad-like device that had real programs on it.

No, there are no (longer) Windows tablets that run a locked down unusable shitpile like iOS.

Will this make cars obsolete?

Attached: 81GXs1mC8rL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 138K)

>it's the daily wintard/freetard falseflags as a """shill""" for apple products so he and Jow Forums can "BTFO" the OP and turn it into an apple hate thread

Attached: 1534677894025.jpg (1200x1152, 101K)

Never. Theoretically they could if tablets started including a decent amount of I/O options and had overhauled OSes that could offer the same functionality as a laptop (at least when paired with a keyboard/mouse). But that will never happen because tablets are designed to be purely consumption devices for normies to browse facebook and youtube and nothing more.

wasn't there a hawei windows tablet?