Is the Vega 64 relevant any longer?

I have a chance to pick up a vega 64, the sapphire nitro +, for around $310. Is that worth it or should I save my money for one of the newer cards?

Attached: Sapphire-Nitro-RX-Vega-64-LE.jpg (1024x684, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wagnardsoft.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

5700 is ~5% faster and it goes for ~$350. Maybe with sale ~$320.

Don't get a v64 for $310, especially not a used one. Negotiate the price down to $250 and thats doable.

Absolute housefire

If you don't mind the power draw/heat, it's a pretty damn good price/performance ratio for $310. I'd say go for it.

It's not worth it if all you're going to do is game.

Vega 64 was always irrelevant except for mining and password cracking. Vega 56 is equal in performance since the ROPs are the same.

Vega 56 + undervolt to get stable boost clocks + OC the HBM as much as it goes = same performance as Navi, but you can get the card cheaper and with custom coolers.

still relevant for getting you through the winter

Spoke too soon. 5700 is already $330 on newegg. With any sale, it will go under $300.

That pretty much seals it for me then. Get an AIB card later that uses less power, has a warranty, less heat, etc, for not much more money. I'm gonna decline the offer esp since I already have an RX 580 and I can live with its performance for now.

what circumstances would make it be worth it?

you can get 2 rx 580's for $300 brand new instead, performance that would match a 2070s

V64 was always irrelevant

>2019
>using crossfire
bruh.

>Unironically recommending CF in 2000+19

>anymore
Vega 56 was the only relevant Vega GPU

as someone who went from a vega 64 to a 5700xt, stay the fuck away from the 64. its ungodly power draw is not worth it at all. it jugs down power like a $5 indonesian lady boy on white men tourist.
>hur dur ah hur dur undervolt!!!
even when you undervolt it will still draw as much power as a indonesian lady boy guzzling down buckets of cum. just do yourself a favor and either get a 5700 or a 5700xt if you still want to stick to amd. otherwise just grab a used 2070 / new 2060 super or a 2070 super and call it a day. i'm salty atm as the 5700 launch drivers so far have been absolutely dog shit. all 3 are just pure, vile dog shit. from tdr's for no reason, apex legends crashing, to enabling enhance sync, which amd prompts you to enable as a default causes crashes of everything. so bad. so fucking bad.
>pic related
fine wine TM here folks.
>hurr reboot
hurrr AMD needs to learn to code.

Attached: quailitydriversamd.jpg (1942x1161, 442K)

>8GB VRAM

works for 1080P but if you want to play 1440P you need 16GB and 4K ultra textures requires 20+GB

fuck GPU makers and FUCK NVIDIA/AMD for cheaping out on VRAM

What's wrong with needing a reboot?

what's wrong with learning to code to not have shitty bugs from the 80's randomly appear after nearly 40 years?

It's not randomly appearing, you put in a new card

why are you retarded? green screens are not normal during driver installation. those are bugs. amd has acknowledge the bug. amd also designed their drivers around not needing to reboot. this isn't the 80's anymore retard. you, and amd can go shove your 1980's bugs up your ass like the faggots you are.

it does. its a 50/50 chance of it happening and its not normal. amd has it listed as a known bug now on 19.7.3 release notes. its yet another stupid bug to be added to the never ending list of pointless injuries to amd that they shoudn't be having. all it does is add more insult to injury. regardless how harmless it is.

We heard your tantrum the first time, no need to samefag.

>tfw I just dropped $265 on a Vega 64 and am wondering if I utterly sodomized myself
I'm kind of trying to rationalize it like this, it was the same price as a new 1660ti, but it has 8GB HMB2 and is quite a bit faster, even when undervolted. The huge power draw does scare me a little bit but I don't need XTREAM fifty bazillion FPS and will undervolt the card and use it also to produce some 4k videos.

Did I fuck up bigtime or not?

you didn't DDU before putting a new card in? are you retarded?

Not the guy you were replying to, but what is DDU? Delete and re-install drivers? Sorry I'm new.

Not really but when you are that concerned with power draw you could have gotten a v56 and undervolted that instead.

Crossfire and sli isn't worth it. It's too buggy and kind of dead as no new games support it.

Always get a newer card op. They last longer. Run cooler and more effective.

Why even bother with Vega? They are awful Performance/watt cards.

Get a 590, 2060 or 5700.

If you play pubg/gaynite then get novidya.

For everything else get the 5700

Yeah, Vega really isn't the best out there, but IMO getting a 590 isn't a great choice either. It's like 10% faster than the RX 580 and costs 25% (or higher) more, especially when there are loads of RX cards on eBay at good prices.

Vega64 for that cheap is fine. Just undervolt it extensively. Mine cane down fron stock 1200mV to stable 1075mV at stock clocks. It niw uses avg 190W, is much cooler and as a result much quieter. And I still get my desired framerate in Rainbow Sux Siege (155fps, @1440p).

>Why even bother with Vega? They are awful Performance/watt cards.
Cheap and powerful.
>Get a 590, 2060 or 5700.
590 is absolute trash and 2060/5700 are completely overpriced

wagnardsoft.com/

even for gaynite 5700 might be better with antilag
-10ms is no joke

Crossfire 580 won't even match 1070 so stop spreading BS. Dual cards don't mean you get X2 performance it just means at max you get 10% extra compared to single card.

DDU is best software for removing your current GPU driver for both nvidia and amd.
It deletes registry and all the files correctly.

250$, how do you come with that price?
Do you reduce the base price by 25% + performance difference when the card is used?

v64 is 1-2 tier above 1660ti. So its fine.

nothing, just by novideo

If your computer isn't from the 80's then it probably doesn't take too long to reboot.
Yes, AMD did fuck up the drivers but needing to reboot after installing a GPU driver is hardly dealbreaking.

Value of a card is not related to arbitrary price reduction but rather related to value of other cards in the range. v56 for example can be had brand new for $250. 5700 can be had for $330. 5700 is 5% better than v64. v56 is ~5% worse than v64. So a brand new one will be valued around $290(geometric mean). A used one will be worth slightly less than that but possibly equal to v56 in value, $250. Ofcourse that number is not static. If there are better competition, you lower the value of the used card even more. You can also lower the value of the card by its age, relevancy, etc to get a "true" value.

nvidia priced equivalent is RTX 2060. They go for $280 on sale. V64 is 3-5% stronger than 2060.

for