Hey Jow Forums

hey Jow Forums

i lost my job today because of fucking git.

git is fucking stupid and makes no sense. i dont want someone look at my code. its my fucking code.

no abdul, im not wasting my time with pull requests, im not your whore. good luck pulling landmark roles out of your ass without me.

im the only one at my company who follows proper web standards. these idiots all circlejerk over merging branches like a bunch of fucking owl wizards.

im done with these tards.

wtf is with these retards and git Jow Forums?

Attached: ssd-vs-hdd.png (445x472, 191K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nDO24U3hMkU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Were you pushing to production without going through a code review?

its almost like being able to work and communicate others is more important than having your own personal way of doing everything...

ive been very up front about my feelings towards others reading my code. i do high level custom html5, all web standards are following to a t. im not really okay letting that be stolen by these capitalist fucks.

Shit bait

It's not "your" code; it is your employer's code. They own it because they were paying you to write it. They can do with it whatever they want, including having other people work with it.

there are known cases of disgruntled programmers leaving timebombs in their code. While I find it hillarious, I do understand where it's coming from.

that's the same retarded shit they tried to pull when i got fired today

its whatever. im going back to working on my custom text editor and running my garrys mod servers.

>i lost my job
Great. Now learn from it, ask yourself why. Here's a clue:
> job
that one word means you're just wrong about
> its my fucking code.
no, it's not, so sorry. it's your employers code. What you do with code you write for your hobby projects in your spare time is up to you. If your employer says code written should be submitted to a private github then you can do that or quit. If they demand you submit to a public github then you can do that or quit. It's really that simple.

this your first job or something? if my employer tells me to do something stupid or waste my time during work-hours then that's fine by me,

> i do high level custom html5
b8

this thread got shilly fast

almost like someone is trying to control the narrative...

Most, if not all companies, make you sign your intellectual property away when you join. Get fucked retard

Yeah, it's OP trying to control it. You go work for a company, the work done while on the clock belongs to the company and in exchange they pay you and give you benefits. The only times when that isn't the case is when you're an independent contractor or freelancer. This isn't a complex concept. OP is also a turbo autist who refuses to allow his code peer-reviewed. OP is retarded, you're retarded, this entire thread is retarded.

Your code probably sucks.

I work with an idiot that sent me a bitchy email because I had too many commits. Git is good to use, but it's easy to get a dudebro admin, or for a cargo cult to spring up around it, and it just derails the whole team.

I pretty much decided I was leaving soon as I saw that shit.

You're just a retarded insecure dumbass. You don't own code you write for people. That's all there is to it. If you die, they'll need someone to be able to feasibly continue from where you left off. It's not Git's fault you lost your job. With your arguments, it's not even the fault of bad management. It's your fault for being hyper possessive and probably not being able to take criticism or own up to mistakes.

If you want ownership of your code, work on your own projects or be your own boss.

I can see why they fired you. You are incapable of working with others, and that's a big no-no.

>tried to pull
>when i got fired today
Seems like they pulled it off pretty well!

kek another webdev weenie bites the dust

>reading my code.
>i do high level custom html5,
Html isnt real code

>I don't want people looking at my code
>It's my code
This entire OP reeks of entitled sperg autist that doesn't understand the concept of teamwork or company work.

In fact, they git pulled it off!

Attached: source[1].gif (320x240, 935K)

ITT: OP is a autist that can't use version control and can't talk to co-workers.

Have fun living with your folks

Links?

hahahahahhahahahHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA oh damn you got me

>high level custom html5
HAAAAAAAA
AHAHAHAAAAAHAHAAA
I can't breath

You got it wrong retard

It's not your code. It's your employer's code.

>i dont want someone look at my code. its my fucking code
No, it's not. It's your company's code, and thorough peer-review of code is necessary to any software organization with no exceptions. You're not god. Your code gets reviewed and QA'd just like everybody else's.

Submitting for code review = cuck.
/thread

Attached: DISHONORED.png (196x210, 29K)

This.
Force push to master

I take it you guys don't have jobs.

How do you retards get baited this hard?

It's not a particularly fast board, and many people are participating in multiple threads already. They just want something to pass the time while they wait for more replies in other, better threads.

Web developers aren't developers.

>that's the same retarded shit they tried to pull when i got fired today

Sounds like they didn't try to pull anything, they just canned your spergelord ass.

Epic bait. Nobody that stupid would be capable of coding anything.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH

even if you are a contractor or freelancer usually you are creating something for someone else. compare it to my tangible work: if I am a carpenter, I build stuff based on what my clients want built and they keep what I built.

The absolute state of alt right cucks

Attached: tenor.gif (360x346, 170K)

itt: someone gets upset because he got fired, for refusing to cooperate with his employer's software copyright terms as per his employment contract.

You had ONE job, OP... ONE FUCKIN' JOB!

This.

youtube.com/watch?v=nDO24U3hMkU

>complains about capitalism
>alt right
>tenor.gif

Max is that you?!?

I see this thread to be a Warzone. GG for getting fired my dude

And this is why the chad normie masterrace is pushing your kind out of tech.

lol what a complete fucking retard you are. if you were on my team for 10seconds with this attitude, I'd be marching upstairs to demand you be fired. fuck you, you fucking idiot. now we have you pay for your ridiculous existence with our taxes and you shouldnt even be alive. you literally are so spergy you dont deserve to exist

Anyone who responded above this post is an idiot.

Attached: b8.jpg (200x200, 5K)

Most alt right think capitalism is just a front for the jews

Lol, who the fuck plays a dated sandbox source game these days?

I laughed.

>dragging politics into it
fuck off liberal, your pussy is showing

based corporatists dabbing on egotistic sperglord. I have a coworker that has been writing a novel on Google Docs during work hours.... I wonder if he realizes that legally, his novel is company property. I hope he publishes it, makes a killing, then gets shit on in court by my company kek

Attached: shadowrealmd.png (885x664, 528K)

You sound like a spaz. No wonder you got fired.

OP knows his employer just wants to replace him with pajeets by giving them all of his hard work to examine and cargo cult it.

The same shit will be coming for some of you and no amount of bootlicking is going to stop it lol. No, even if you call people entitled

Excellent thread op

>spaces in greentext
Yep, that's reddit alright

Technically my former employer owns several works of My Little Pony fanfiction, but I don't think they're likely to go to court over it.

Honestly it's like you people never went to school
A programmers worth is in his ability to come up with shit, not to have a library of it committed to memory.
Be smart, come up with good shit on the spot, work with your team, then you'll be worth more than pajeet number 73829

How do you lose your job with git? Did you just refuse to use it? If that's so it means you're just flat out refusing to do what you're hired to do.

capitalism is a jewish system that fuck over ethno states

I gotta say, Jow Forums is the only board where I see real retards displaying their full potential.
There was that one OP who asked if he should accept this one job even though they use an outdated version of php, everyone said yes, then he decided to remain unemployed, because he thought he was too good for it.

1. You have to work with others in a team, you can't just sperg out over it.

2. Technically not your code anymore, it belongs to the company.

I respond to bait if I'm bored

Social darwinism at its finest.

Attached: raf 360x360 075 t fafafa ca443f4786.jpg (360x360, 17K)

>high level custom html5

Attached: 1556020712203.jpg (240x240, 32K)

This thread just proves that most programmers are just a bunch of entitled shits.

also
> html5
> programmer

>coding anything
user cleay stated he wrote HTML

You lost your job because you weren't doing the job that was required for your continued employment

>Epic bait. Nobody that stupid would be capable of coding anything.
My corp actually did hire an employee like that around 1987. But we fired him for just this type of immature sociopath attitude. There's no shortage of anti-capitalist haters that feel their creations are holy and their own property. They think the company is evil and greedy. In the 1990's the company was progressive due to clinton fever infecting the whole country. So it hired a black programmer. That sucked. He was as anti-capitalist as OP and felt entitled to more than the salary.

>The absolute state of alt right cucks
From 100% of the experiences at my employer, it has been "leftist cucks". I'm lucky to have had a great employer and I stayed all the way to retirement.

I doubt my employer would want to associate themselves with my computer games they have been funding

>How do you lose your job with git?

OP's viewpoint on GIT is different from yours. OP considers himself impossible to be fired if only he can edit AND compile the source. GIT stops that problem, thus OP becomes disposable.

GIT or any version control system makes the source and related files visible for inspection. So there's no hiding that it cannot be inspected, reviewed for content and structure, checked for maintainability standards, and compiled.

If real life was a movie, OP would be one of the sub-villains. He'd hold his finger on a button that disables life support code module l337 (which OP wrote) on the space station unless the employer kept on paying him every 2 weeks.

Attached: Villain.jpg (640x480, 18K)