How would this make you feel?

How would this make you feel?

Attached: win72022.jpg (669x544, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/zeffy/wufuc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why are they extending it? Thought support was to be dropped this year

Angry, because Microsoft shouldn't be catering to luddites desperately clinging on to the past.

If you pay for it.

I mean I saw a self-checkout station boot into Windows Embedded 7 POSReady last week, and there are people who flat out refuse to switch off of Win7 in general so I'm not surprised

Satisfied. Fuck Windows 10.

Why would I care? Windows 7 is spyware.

nothing because their "support" is fucking nothing
also they wouldn't do that when they are deliberately blocking newer processors on windows 7 to try and force people to switch
if they undid that though, I would feel very good about it. otherwise they can fuck off

>muh secure
>muh support

POS is the main concern. If connected to internet. Along with software that would no longer be supported.

If, not generally no issue using the same software and have no need for extended support by the software. Some software, hardware, companies will extend support beyond the end-of support of windows. A printing company I worked at had mac software that was at the time far out from support. It sill did what it what is what designed to do. So no issue. Most corporate environments have switched to ten years ago to keep up with sensitive software which would no-longer support 7.

it's a really half-hearted attempt at applying pressure because you can still sideload updates or just use this
github.com/zeffy/wufuc

t. using ryzen and w7

can you use freesync on win7? I heard there was problems with it and I don't want to buy my new amd build until I have confirmation that freesync will work on 7

I don't use it but I heard it was more compatible with older systems than gsync.

ah well I'll just make sure there's a return policy on the gpu and monitor
or maybe I just won't use it
most of the search results for freesync windows 7 came up with posts mentioning nvidia cards anyways, so maybe I'm in the clear

Because Bill Gate still using Win7 on his computer so of course they have to extend the support for it.

As far as I know, this has nothing to do with the operating system, it has to do with the monitor itself and physically.

gona install soon

I wouldn't care. I ditched Windows back when the W10 popped up on my W7 machine. I see no reason to go back.

Wouldn't really care. Went to 8.1, then 10, before most of the zoomers on this board were out of diapers. My GF might care, since she's still running it on her old-ass C2Q.

Win7 posready probably has support until 2025 or later

>support
i not need it

your gf is smarter than you

I need windows 7 because my shitty intel dq77mk motherboard can’t manage to install any newer fucking version and i’m getting desperate

Well, she's certainly smarter than you, anyway.

Indifferent, since I have (((updates))) turned off anyway.

Paranoid.
I'd be wondering what new ways they came up with to slip telemetry in yet again.

There is no nvidia freesync on Windows 7, not sure about gsync or AMD freesync.

Yeah, I don't understand it either. Who doesn't want to continually lose power over their own computers and do free beta-testing for a multi-billion dollar corporation? Mindboggling!

Pretty good. But this last update had compattelrunner.exe installed as a critical update.

Blocked it and the other telemetry ips in the antivirus firewall and went back to Windows Offline Security updates only.

Even Windows 7 without updates?

same

Yes. Every Windows version since the release of XP has been documented to spy on users.

Spy-spy or collecting usage information telemetry?

Considering Microsoft has unrestricted access to any PC running Windows, they can collect whatever they like.

But do they?

Malware writers must love the Jow Forums crowd. The autists who refuse any kind of update even security related. And they use Windows, the most vulnerable OS. Or are these the mware writers trying to convince others never to update...?

Yes. Windows has had a documented universal backdoor since the release of XP.

>they have a master key so they can come to your house any time you want
Come on, I'm not a big fan of their antics either but you gotta do better then that. Don't make people pulling the "tinfoil hat" crap seem sensible.

Excited about more potential computers to break into

I don't understand your analogy. They can "enter your house", so to speak, any time they want and enter many homes at once.

This is undesirable.

if the gov got into that terrorist guys iphone without apples help you bet your ass there's a backdoor in everything out there. whether or not they use it doesn't matter, but we also know that it does get used because it's been disclosed that microsoft participates in the prism and xkeyscore programs. at the very least, metadata gets collected and once you are targeted, much more gets collected

They could but why would they? Is there any record of this happening?

Why would you trust them not to? You sound like the "nothing to hide" crowd, who refuse to have principles. That means you aren't worth speaking to.

Seriously, is there any EVIDENCE of this happening in the wild?

I'm sure there have been. But it doesn't matter regardless, because this is a question of principles.

>But it doesn't matter
Figures

Since 9/11 2007

Attached: slide.jpg (1742x1308, 410K)

I would literally reinstall Windows 7 over my current Windows 10 drive.

Freesync works, at least with the Vega 64 and older. I would assume newer cards work too.

Doesn't work at all with Nvidia though. They lock freesync support to 10.

Because based deep state hasn't moved to W10 yet

What about Win 8?

.mil here, none of our shit runs 8. NIPR computers run 10, internal shit not connected to a network run 7, 2008 r2, or RHEL. I assume it's the same with the NSA.

w10 is better in every fucking way.

>clinging on to the past is inherently bad
You sound like a woman who told me it was okay that she fucked 10 other guys
A a slut is a slut, and a shit OS is a shit OS user

> be me at work
> new user
>>> please wait 15 minutes while we get your desktop started
Oh, okay.
> using other person's computer
okay what the fuck
> be away for a week
FFFFFUCK this shit, this shit is ridiculous. Windows 7 never had these problems, and was way more responsive to boot. The worst part is if you fuck over the next guy because he has to wait fifteen minutes for his shit to come up again and this shit is finicky.

>Don't make people pulling the "tinfoil hat" crap seem sensible.

During Obama's reign, you remember when Angela Merkel's own phone spied on her despite all the precautions german security staff took. Even Intel CPU chips had that remote shutdown feature and forced deletion of storage device content back when sandy bridge and ivy bridge were being marketed. Due to controversy, Intel then started hiding that unless you were registered with them as a developer. Then the features were diluted and hidden by folding them into a larger specification platform application. Then mention of it disappeared unless you were a registered security developer subject to NDA. Then Intel announced it was getting rid of that specifically named feature item. Note carefully they got rid of that "name" but they didn't state they got rid of that ability. Such tricks have been done in the past by other companies trying to hide features. Perhaps Intel really did stop, but probably not.

Isn't Windows 10 much faster and more lightweight than 7??? Seriously why would anyone still use 7???

new user in xp was just like that

poor company policies desu

I'd only switch to linux if there was an actual aero w7 shell for mint that replicated the os exactly, it would also have to be fully binary-compatible

And versions before XP were full of backdoors.

great blog post, faggot. how dangerously incompetent are you with a computer? how fucked is your installation of the os for it to take this amount of time? utterly ridiculous.

Sorry that all your specific software is not installed on every machine you use. Or that your bloated roaming profile takes ages to replicate over your companys slow LAN. This is an implementation problem rather than a Windows problem. Maybe your employer should consider Virtual Desktops if they need their users to hot desk or they should limit your profile size and provide you networked storage.

I'm military. USAF. Windows 7 was never this bad.

>caring about support from microshit

And yes, our network is dogshit, I know. I don't know what the fuck changed between 7 and 10, but shit's fucked. McAfee alone takes up over 90% of system resources.

>works for the government
>wonders why his technology is shit
I appreciate the work you do but your employer is the reason you have these problems. I'm on Win 10 at work on a Virtual Desktop, any desk I unlock everything is as I left it.

Attached: military discount.jpg (750x730, 85K)

>Windows Offline Security updates only.
Can you explain to me where to get the security only updates?

Freesync works on AMD GPUs (and probably intel). Novideo didn't add support for any os but win10. Novideo's support is a mess though so you shouldn't care anyway.

> >works for the government
> >wonders why his technology is shit
I really do wonder. I have no idea how they manage to make things worse. They just "upgraded" one of the slow-ass systems on the network and somehow managed to make it even slower. It's actually important too, I think supervision uses it to do their EPRs or something. The only thing that comes to mind is some name in the military-industrial complex had a hand in making it, like it got contracted out to them - but I kinda doubt it. Anyways, thanks for your support. I'll be fighting the good fight for you lads in the private sector.

2/10, not enough artifacts and emojis

Attached: pepe_toast_dab.gif (554x400, 238K)

My server is still running Windows 7 with 3 different network shares, a network printer, and some fire and forget backups. It just works and I'm not going to enjoy the transition to whatever OS I move over to.

This thread is about feelings, not tech.

WSUS

better, but I havent' been dating Win7 for over 5 years now. It's over.

It makes me feel indifferent.

Bad. They should release a successor to Win7 for desktops so i can stop using it, not a phone OS masquerading as a desktop OS.

well then have fun not running linux

>no u

wow buddy you really owned me epically there

>i'd only switch to linux if it dropped everything it's doing and tried to be windows beat for fucking beat
your expectations are very high and your mind is very closed

>80 replies to a fake news bait thread
Simply epic.

Attached: file.png (798x561, 45K)

"would" not "does" brainlet

pissed off because i updated to 10

YES!!!

windows 7 is fine as long as you use a program that enables windows 10/linux mouse focusing

i see, I figured it was a nvidia thing
don't understand the reason but don't really care to either

"Eh"
>continues using Windows 10

I updated my Win 7 laptop to 10 around the time they offered it for free. Sometime in 2016?

Anyway, of course I've hated it all this time
>all this fucking app interface shit
>not being in control of updates
>uglier
>increased spying
but I told myself that it was the right move because 8 support would stop in 2020 and if I hesitated back then but later decided to update to 10, I would have to pay for it, so better to jump while it was free.

But I'm honestly thinking of going back to 7. It was so much comfier. I think if I browse safely and use common sense, which I already so, I should be fine.

What would happen if I used the recovery CDs I made when I first got the computer to restore it to factory state? As in, it would be Win 7, but I already updated the licence to 10, so what would happen if I installed 7 again on this hardware?
And is there a comprehensive list of which updates not to install? And is it possible to avoid those ones?
Is it possible to pull this off??

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1280x720, 81K)

>because 8 support would stop
*7 support, obviously

Suspicious. I think it would have a load of telemetry up it's ass. Safer to stick with 8.1 with classic shell.

I don't give a shit.
I have the updates disabled.

I barely give a shit about official support to begin with outside of wishing all of the sheep Microshit gaslit into walking Windows 10 billboards would shut the fuck up about it

Attached: 1563755659023.jpg (600x600, 51K)

the future is dark.

So Bull Gates some to my house soon and format my windows7 disks?

Attached: ANNE_FRANK.jpg (480x270, 56K)

He doesnt have to.
There are thousands of geeks who'll do it to validate themselves.

why THEY not fromated my Windows XP sp3 disks yeat?

>caring about licensing

Op, you're a jerk. You got my hopes up for a minute there.

Attached: 1303454288829.jpg (200x300, 20K)

>Isn't Windows 10 much faster and more lightweight than 7???
it's not

Then why would anyone use it over 7 and why would a newer version of a product be worse than the old one? That's just silly.