So I bought this Cherry MX blue keyboard last year...

So I bought this Cherry MX blue keyboard last year, and it's now suffering from so many keys double-registering it's just unusable. I don't understand why mechanical keyboards are popular... doesn't feel much different than my old cheapie, and lasted about 1/5th as long.

Tried every fix the internet suggested to no avail. Only way to fix it is replace the faulty switches, but for that cost I can just buy a new cheapie that will last me 5+ years.

tl;dr Fuck mechanical keyboards and the snobby gamers who think they're good.

Attached: useless piece of shit.jpg (640x480, 32K)

Weird. I've had a cherry brown keyboard for about 7 years now and have yet to have a single switch show any problems whatsoever.

>Cherry MX blue

There's the problem. Cherry MX BLUE is defective by design (retarded actuation and reset points).

This is entirely Cherry MX BLUE fault.

Cherry MX Red and Silent Red does not have this retarded idiot shit problem

Just my luck I pick the one color that sucks, lol.

To me, the whole mechanical switch idea looks like a terrible design in general. Every time the key is pressed, the guts of the switch are exposed to the open air. Unless you live in a NASA laboratory, that's going to let dust and shit find it's way in there and gunk up the works. On a cheapo keyboard, the rubber membrane protects the guts of it so it will last however long it takes for the rubber to wear out.

Mech keyboards are a meme. You can buy k120 for like 10$ and that shit woll work for years.

But i guess that keyboard wouldnt make you feel superior to "normies"

>hyperx
Found the problem

i have cherry mx red (corsair strafe red) and i swear some keys are double registering
i've had this keyboard for like 3 years now

you must have bought a shitty keyboard. Only issue I ever had was with removable USB cable flipping up from the board and I soldered it back down no problem.

I have been using it for over 5 years now no issues. Replaced the keycaps on it once because I wore down the old ones completely smooth no texture. I even plugged in a custom programmable controller board into it someone made so I can program hardware macros and keyboard shortcuts on it.

for normies or poorfags just get a normie keyboard.
Honestly if you can't tell the difference of a high quality spring tactile verses a mushy membrane then you must have a walnut sized brain incapable of interpreting external stimuli properly.

>Corsair

found your problem. Corsair has shit firmware that doesn't prevent key chattering (double character input when a key was only pressed once)

Daily reminder that the only mechanical keyboards were manufactured in the glorious 80s.

Enjoy you plastichanical substitutes for intelligence and confidence.

Yup.
The only thing is I'm spoiled on illuminated keyboards... lets me type in low light, and also just looks nice on my desk. But fortunately you can get backlit ones for $15 now, so I'm set.

Jesus christ. Just fuck off to reddit or /v/ or wherever you came from.

I can tell the difference... it just doesn't strike me as being any better. They both efficiently transform my thoughts into text. The difference is one of them works and the other is prone to failure.

I dug up an old membrane keyboard from the dusty depths of my closet... Still working fine.

People are still using mechanical keyboards from the 80s

Someone is desperate to convince themselves they didn't waste their $100 on a marketing fad.

Well when I went in search of a fix for my chattering cherry MX's, I found a whooooole lot of other people who had the same exact problem.

I could spend $100 on a mech and *maybe*, if nothing fucks up, get 10 years out of it. Or I could spend $100 on ten Logitechs, and be set on keyboards the rest of my life. I had one that lasted so many years I replaced it just because I was sick of looking at it. Wore the letters off the keys and drew them back on with a sharpie several times. Thing just wouldn't die.

You can't even type without looking at your keys and you want people to take your opinion on keyboards seriously.

Attached: 1498057368717.jpg (1858x1702, 508K)

Is it a bad controller on the board? Keep in mind that the price is in the ergonomics of the keyboard. I would imagine that the keys are fine and there's a short on the board.

I got a hyperx alloy with reds, E key is already doubletapping after 5 months of use.

lol You got me there.
I actually don't look down very often, mostly just to get my hands in position, or to use the volume controls or things like page up/down.

But, when I was shopping for my first mechanical keyboard, my friend who's a professional programmer was trying to talk me out of it. I sprung for it anyway because I'm a tactile guy and I thought it'd be a life changer, but I wasn't impressed and then the damn thing went to shit after a year and a half. So now I'm joining him on team membrane.

The HyperX FPS Pro uses Cherry MX red, retard.

lol that's just some pic I google'd. Mine is a HyperX Alloy FPS. If I remember right it came in both Cherry red and blue. I went with the blue because I liked the clicky noise and heard they had a nice tactile feel. But I found the tactile-ness highly disappointing... I was expecting a prominent satisfying sensation as the key switch triggered, but it's so subtle it doesn't do anything for me.

If they made some super hard clacky mechanical keys that required hard-ass carpenter hands to use, then I might be impressed. But Cherry blues are so soft you'd need delicate girly hands to appreciate their subtle tactility.

Should have bought an MX red like any sane person.