Audiophile General /ag/

Schizo edition

Attached: 1564223374831.jpg (680x453, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/14253947
youtube.com/watch?v=EEh01PX-q9I
rueducommerce.fr/produit/steel-series-casque-siberia-200-proton-yellow-24667284/offre-65367590
hifipig.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Munich2016BookFINAL.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=lIVOoJ27xuU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for stax

Attached: 00028400055093_0.jpg (3000x3000, 339K)

First for SHIT

First for the audiophile club of Athens : vimeo.com/14253947

Attached: MjkxODQ5MQ.jpg (940x705, 340K)

can someone tell me what's wrong with the Bose 901?

Its an absolute travesty. Despite using one of the best full range driver of it's time the thing sounds like a pig being butchered because instead of just designing a good speaker they decided they were going to scatter 20 of these drivers on a single enclosure and use a special dsp device to make it sound less like a window to hell. The thing still sounds like shit and the dsp heats up so much it's always on the brink of starting a house fire. Bose a shit.

You need a room that sounds nice with max reflections going on and you need to put them in the right place in said room which will involve putting them on stands and not being too close to any wall.

Are audiophiles ever satisfied with their setups? Or are they stuck with their dellusion that the music could always sound better which effectively prevents them from enjoying the music?

Attached: peek.jpg (762x717, 77K)

Wait, most people do not have a giant hall with martin audio wavefront stacks so the idea the music could sound better is NOT a delusion.

Attached: D8SgDHmXUAA5HtZ.jpg (1200x1200, 97K)

>Studio Burner Edition*
You missed your chance OP

Attached: studio_1.jpg (1200x800, 180K)

Was he using those wavecannons in a tiny fucking jap apartment?

Attached: big_1460125272_image.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

I've been using a pair of Senn HD599 and a Fiio E07K for years now. Is there anything better on the market for a cumulative total of 300€ max? by the way, I don't even use the Fiio anymore, there's pretty much no difference between listening to it via USB or plugging the headphones directly into my speakers (a pair of Creative shitters which actually sound pretty good for having paid them less than 50€).

HD58X/HE4XX

I don't care for the aesthetics of audio gear. Ugh.

Attached: Reel_toreel_munich_high_end_2016_1S.jpg (900x598, 140K)

what the fuck is wrong with audiofags? you're all fucking weird

Klipsch master race

Attached: 67617089_10215226164313191_1594578351773712384_n.jpg (720x960, 94K)

So, I've been playing with a Umik1 and REW and I'm pretty disappointed with my options for subwoofer positioning.

Which of the two positions should I chose? I understand that it's impossible to fill up those dips due to them being caused by destructive interference.

One has a the big dip around 38Hz and the other has the two smaller (but still significant) dips at the 46 and 32Hz marks.

Attached: file.png (1019x994, 116K)

What sub? If it's small you can point it at the ceiling and test again. Or rotating it even 15 degrees can help more than you'd think in certain situations

It's an XLS-200 MKII. Rotating the sub around doesn't substantially change frequency response (less than 3dB variations).

Is that just the sub or sub + mains?

This is sub+mains but just the sub by itself measures similarly. My mains have a bass reflex port and frequencies sharply drop under 50Hz (-18dB at 40Hz under)

IMO go for the second position and see what you can do with EQ. Dips that aren't too extreme can be fixed if you have headroom to spare. I sacrifice 12db on my system for EQ. You should also be averaging multiple measurements in your listening window if you're not already. A few inches of head movement can throw off an overfitted EQ curve.

I knew there were something wrong with audiofags.

Attached: D5JuA4zVUAApALM.jfif.jpg (360x270, 22K)

I don't think it's feasible to either fill those dips (I would need a KW+ class solution, never mind the fact that if it's destructive interference, it cancels out no matter the output), or even EQ it out.

Note the dB scale.

Maybe take a higher resolution measurement with some spatial averaging to see if it's actually hard dropouts or just large dips. If you're already using the maximum output of your subwoofer then yeah there's no way to fill them in without buying another. As someone who doesn't need a ton of output I've had surprisingly good results with 12db boosts. The main issue weirdly enough is imaging goes wrong even though you wouldn't expect directionality in sub bass.

Rate my humble theater

Attached: 20190728_141052-3452x1942.jpg (3452x1942, 1.03M)

Attached: 20190728_141142-3452x1942.jpg (3452x1942, 862K)

Attached: 20190728_141158-3452x1942.jpg (3452x1942, 796K)

Naked version

Attached: 20190728_141253-3452x1942.jpg (3452x1942, 788K)

Would love to listen to some music on that. I like the near field dual subs. Real bass is the missing piece in most systems. Is it DSP or manually tuned? Do you have no interest in surround?

>Is it DSP or manually tuned?
Haven't done any EQ. No umik yet but plan to do it when I'm on vacation next

>Do you have no interest in surround?
Hard to do a proper setup with matching speakers imo. There isn't a matching surround only a center channel but it's still quite large (pic related). I could make it work if I rotated everything 90° clockwise like I had it before, but then you can run into the projector with these low ceilings. The room is about 27' x 12.5' (8.2 x 3.8 meters)

Attached: Klipsch_KV4_center_channel_speaker__275__57c322c1a371a.jpg (600x448, 28K)

Looks like the gear my father would make me cart around for him when I was little. Some people fetishize big horns and oversized amps, but you don't appreciate them very much when you are only ten years old and are being forced to hoist them in and out of a van every few gigs.

So, what is the response with the sub alone?

>72084903
looks awkward as fuck man, -2/10 would not feel comfortable watching anything in there

You don't like the warm embrace of 20hz blasting?

Jow Forums's thoughts on this?
youtube.com/watch?v=EEh01PX-q9I

Attached: global-communication-76_14.jpg (512x512, 83K)

Anyone got experience with Martin Logan electrostatic speakers? Are they good? Do they need their own driver?

Full range drivers and electrostats are both mostly memes. The objective performance of conventional speakers is a whole lot better.

Awkward how?

where is the pool

I dunno, maybe the massive speakers you have sitting in the middle of the room?

And why are speakers awkward when in a theater setup?

wat

spiritually a woman

These cheap little fuckers have somehow survived a thirty minute wash+dry cycle. Literally how?

Sound quality is the same from what I remember.

Attached: 20190728_234324_compress68.jpg (1328x747, 111K)

>tick
>tok
>>tick
>tock

Can someone recommend a a 2 channel amp for my energy speakers? my old smsl keeps overloading and cutting out. integrated bluetooth would be awesome.

Tonality is more than a little off. Axial response is a roller coaster, directivity is also rather uneven. Output is limited as well.
Aside from the execution, the combination of the monopole bass, which drives the pressure modes, to the dipole, which drives the velocity(pressure gradients) can yield unexpected room issues.

Attached: advanced_snake_oil.jpg (640x480, 57K)

Does that say bullshit at the bottom?

Yes.

>1946-2006
>The ultimate sound experience
Says this at the top

What's the cheapest thing I can buy to force a bunch of overweight out of shape hikkikomori's to get all sweaty and exhausted moving said thing on a super hot summer's day?

Electronics can get wet if they aren't turned on and dry completely. And the drivers aren't made of paper

>if they aren't turned on
If they don't contain a battery.

I'm looking for a good set of gaming headphones. $100 budget. Something with nice directional sound that I can also listen to tunes on. Any suggestions?

> gaming headphones
Definitely nothing that has the word gamer on it

>directional sound
So 5.1 shenanigans?

Walls should me matte black.

>gaming
fuck no. Go find a good set of $100 HEAD. PHONES. Keyword to look for is "good wide soundstage" or "good stereo separation". 5.1 head drivers are a meme, surround sound is for speakers only. I can't remember if over-ear or on-ear was better for this so go figure that out yourself, gaymer.

1:50 - By the normal understanding of it, the dynamic loudspeaker works by the Lorentz force: currents run in a wire perpendicular to a magnetic field move in a direction perpendicular to both wire and field.

5:35 - Just from some experiments on a few drivers, the basket holding the magnet tends to provide the biggest source of reflections. But only ferrites, neo magnets should be better.

8:10 - This is analogous to the general justification of modern paper cones and soft dome diaphragms. There are many, many surface modes that form on a soft surface (to say nothing of the surround and former). The hope is that they are well-distributed so that the response is reasonably even. This extends the bandwidth and increases the overall output.

20:10 - Indeed, the increased is from the improved coupling more than the directivity. Good.

26:43 - He does mention some of this across later, but the most intense points of re-radiated sound in a loudspeaker's bandwidth will be from the resonances of the panel and a pesky thing called the coincidence effect. Both are best attacked by damping and not by increasing stiffness or mass, which decrease the effect of damping as more is added.

38:08-45:11 - A decent description of CLD. Nice. CLD is broadly the most effective technique for increasing losses for load-bearing elements. Some other methods, such as surface damping are not well suited to vibration control because the base layers are too stiff. Some other points I might like to add are that elastomeric damping is both frequency dependent and temperature dependent, and that its optimal range is not always specified. Pyrotek does provide nomograms for some products, though they can be a bit hard to read. Didn't offer one for the binary compound DC30 used in the video though.

I don't usually like whizzers or most full rangers. Besides the DML and the closely related BMR, the upper-end response tend to be too screwy, both on and off axis.

Attached: 20181009_111048-1494x2656.jpg (1494x2656, 662K)

What's the pic of the R300 box for?

The micro vibrations from those lens flares is coloring the audio quality in a displeasurable manner.

Why are the speakers literally invading on the screen space

Thinking of getting an audio mixer, is the MX51s MiniMix any good? And what's the best way to get 3.5mm to 6.35mm for example if I wanted my phone to be one of the audio inputs, are generic 3.5 to 6.35mm cables from amazon for £10 good enough?

Attached: 81IH4-qEq0L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1164, 153K)

basically we spend the most money we can with a setup and for the time being we are happy with it, until we have more money then it suddenly is shit.

get this zoomer korean kweeb shit out of here

"steal me" the box

>rueducommerce.fr/produit/steel-series-casque-siberia-200-proton-yellow-24667284/offre-65367590
What's the catch?

Need a good tweeter rec

Damn, that's a complete death trap

Yes, the OP picture is the police taking one out of the KyotoAnimation arsonist's apartment.
His neighbors have called the police on him several times in the past.
He was already an anti-social piece of shit even before killing all of those people.

Attached: 1564039100843.jpg (1234x1028, 107K)

>tweeter rec
For what end? What do you need it to do?

How are Stax compared to Pringles?
we only have Pringles in Scandinavia.

The projection size is only so big in that limited space. Moving the screen closer will only make it smaller

hifipig.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Munich2016BookFINAL.pdf

Attached: 1558584638647.jpg (930x1332, 237K)

you can't make this shit up

Attached: 1542035818641.jpg (1246x529, 71K)

Is that going to fall off of the truck and into your living room?

Why didn't this take off? Not enough bullshit for audiophile idiots?

Attached: f6c1d38bc9bf4a0011dc56cfdcdbf229_large.0.jpg (1200x800, 62K)

Because it's a piece of shit?

is that the police confiscating someone's sound bazooka

>overpriced
>shit
>triangular, shit ergonomics for portable device
>industrial design looks like it's a cheap toy for retarded kids

Perfect for audiotards

Attached: 1it hurts to live.jpg (900x580, 50K)

>when you get wounded because your edgy music player was in your pants pocket

They are thicker and crunchier, which I like

Being anti-social is not a crime.

You have Estrella and OLW in Scandinavia. Why the heck would you go for murritard Lays or Pringles c-tier shit?

I'm not sure how best to define directional sound. I know of 5.1 and 7.1 virtual surround sound and I know of a couple of models (one from Razer which is shit apparently) that are 7.1 multi driver based. I get there's a huge amount of animosity between audiophiles and gaming headsets. I'm looking for things that you would sneer at but agree are not so bad. I remember playing around with an old pair of TB X-52s back in the day and they were actually really fun. They bent the fuck out of my ears, but they sounded great and I remember marveling at how great the sound stage sounded. Mind you it was my first pair of surround sound headphones so I'm probably horribly remembering the actual quality. Anyways, still looking for any good suggestions. I forgot to mention that I'd like it to have an integrated microphone since I don't have any desk mics.

Something to play with that device there.
youtube.com/watch?v=lIVOoJ27xuU

How is the fan near the couch position?

T H I C C

Attached: dFCdt2S.jpg (1280x853, 188K)

Audio scrub here.

I want to get a pair of 600 ohm headphones, because the Beyers I'm looking at have a few different models and all the audiophile shit I'm reading says they are the best.

Would a JDS Labs Atom amp drive 600 ohm headphones comfortably?

Attached: 2019-02-04.20-53-52.jds_atomamp_front_2400.jpg (2400x1600, 353K)

>comfortably
If you think you’ll enjoy the sensation of sand being rubbed in your ears, then yes!

the atom drives 600ohm perfectly well you placebo-brained imbecile

Is this referring to Beyers in general, or the amp being under powered?

So you think I should go for it? Or just maybe get 250 ohms. I doubt my normie ears will be able to tell much of a difference anyway, but if I'm getting an amp that can do 600 ohms... why not right?

Why are Stax so terrible? Is it just a meme for boomers that won't die or is it a status symbol that is independent of quality (kinda like how caviar tastes like shit but rich people still buy to serve it at dinner parties to show off).

Attached: Stax vs Audeze.png (1780x1680, 518K)

>600 ohm
>audiophile shit I'm reading says they are the best.
They're definitely the least sensitive, but the spectral balance is more or less the same. You would generally better be served by picking up the 32 and 250-ohm models.
The Atom should still work well, but you hinder its usability with other devices.

Heeeey! I'm not a tard!

Attached: IMG_20190729_171759.jpg (1466x1386, 953K)