/ckg/ - Clover & Kuroba General

This is the thread where phonechads discuss their tools for the trade, aka Clover and the recently forked Kuroba.
You may not like it, but this what top shitposting performance looks like.
Here is the link to download the latest Clover dev version: build.floens.org/builds/Clover-dev-latest.apk
And here you can get the latest Kuroba release: github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/releases/download/v4.5.3/Kuroba.apk

In the last episode: Floens, the Clover wizard, teamed up with K1, a former Kuroba contributor from the Cheese dojo, to add a bunch of modern selected Kuroba features into Clover. Meanwhile, Cheese is grinding new features into Kuroba, isolated in his autistic chamber, that releases builds on a set schedule. Kuroba's captcha is now in Clover, but anons keep asking for modern features, while others keep pushing to get Kuroba running on their Gameboy-era phones.
Get in here, and discuss the future: the newest breakage vs the oldest stability

Attached: file.png (1165x651, 1.48M)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/cOfqmTG
imgur.com/a/NsGMn8j
imgur.com/a/8uS1qOh
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/issues/252
github.com/chandevel/Clover/wiki/Adding-a-new-theme
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

New rounded corners look good in the gallery, BTW

Attached: Screenshot_20190728-101045.png (1080x2160, 1.62M)

low quality thumbs look horrible, though
that's fixed already in Kuroba

>kuroba

Attached: Screenshot_20190728-101848.png (1080x2160, 2.74M)

No, fuck rounded corners

tap to close
>Waits for another tap in case you want to zoom
>Therefore slow
>Doesn't close the picture if the gesture is interpreted as a swipe
>Therefore not robust

Swipe to close
>Instantaneous
>Only needs a rough gesture, very natural and effortless
>Doesn't break the existing "work"flow and doesn't remove any feature

I think the choice is obvious. You could make it toggleable so autistic anons don't have to face change despite it not changing how they use the app (sub optimally I might add)

Attached: 1564249091300.png (225x225, 4K)

I agree. I think having new features introduced, while adding toggles to avoid the autistic rage is the way to go.

Attached: 1563401427409.jpg (648x864, 115K)

Why doesn't Kuroba update every time there's a commit like Clover Dev does?

I don't know
it's the way Cheese rolls

Attached: file.png (640x991, 841K)

Two issues I have with kuroba

0)If you search a board, go into a thread and make a post, when your on the captcha screen if you swipe the captcha off but stop doing so the keyboard pops up anyway.
2)If my 4chanpass is in use the captcha should auto load so I dont have to go to options and sign out

Why waste time changing so many things when all Dashchan needs is faster loading and another column in catalog mode?

Attached: 1564313835384.png (480x360, 126K)

who else syncs their kuroba post history between devices?

Attached: Screenshot_20190728-124713_Tasker.png (1200x1920, 146K)

That's one sexy font, pal

google product sans - the font from pixel devices. you can get it as a magisk module.

Thank you. I know. I use it on the apps that let me change the font natively, like sync pro. I hope someday we can change fonts on Clover, too. I really like that typeface

Attached: Screenshot_20190728-141126.png (1080x2160, 1.12M)

you mean like this?

Attached: Screenshot_20190728-131523_Kuroba.png (1200x1920, 370K)

There is a bug in kuroba which doesnt open a 404 thread archive but the last thread you were in. Please fix

Yeah. I stopped rooting and using stuff like magisk or Xposed a while ago. Now I run Android one stock on purpose

fix it yourself or at least file a bug on github you dumb nigger
yeah i stopped using xposed a year or two ago but there's no real reason to not use magisk since my banking and secure apps still work fine with magisk hide enabled

Attached: Screenshot_20190728-132102_Manager.png (1200x1920, 101K)

Fuck you nigger monkey I reported it here

i don't expect cheese or floens spend all their time monitoring Jow Forums for bug reports

I burned my display where the sd card was behind, thanks to the polling interval of syncthing.
It was my turning point with messing around with my phones. I had to buy a new phone on the spot and decided to go full blown normie mode for a while. Long story short, this is my second "normie" phone and I'm not going back to the rom world, at least for now. Android one is solid af
I miss the app settings module from Xposed, though. That shit was fantastic

Name a worse feeling.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-28-15-28-46-105_org.floens.chan.dev.jpg (937x286, 17K)

wow never heard of that before. you can replicate some of the per-app settings module functionality with tasker if you're so inclined - in particular i have force rotation, auto brightness offset and live display overrides for some apps. i think you can get a 2 week trial per google account before committing to buy.
>still using clover

>still using kuroba

gottem

What features vary in clover and kuroba?

cool
I will give that one a try. thank you, mate

clover just had some bug fixes, and the new captcha
kuroba is full of new stuff, from the captcha, to emojis, to image re-encoding. Some changes are more celebrated than others
you can have both installed at the same time
in many ways, the point of the thread is discussing whats good enough, and what is filler or zoomer garbage. to each their own

no problem! rotation and brightness can be done directly through tasker. livedisplay is a secure setting though so you'd need to use a secure settings plugin for tasker - there are several - as you don't have root
run settings list system/secure/global in a terminal to see what else you can change

You forgot that clover loads webms like three times faster.

Import data to Clover when?

Swipe to close a picture please

Attached: 1561543932655.jpg (1536x2048, 443K)

How do I use wildcards in the Clover filters?
Using * doesn't work.

hi there
can you please help me with this?
imgur.com/a/cOfqmTG
i was animeposting in Jow Forums then got banned then i was able to post text only now this.....im ok with not being able to post images in int but im also banned from other boards.....i swear ill be good boy and only post satania and BTFOing intel shills nex time

lern2regex

Kuroba crashes when you reopen the app and the thread you were in before got 404'd

the database schema is really straightforward, user
pic rel
>imgur
back you go
g i t h u b i s s u e

Attached: Screenshot_20190728-144054_Kuroba.png (1080x1920, 117K)

Gib logs.

Miss me with that github Microsoft faggotry bitch

use .* instead of *

imgur.com/a/NsGMn8j
pls help

the error is quite self explanatory. restart your router to get a new wan ip and try that if you're at home. if you're on data, try toggling it off and back on to get a new nat ip.

thanks bro ..also nice dubs
imgur.com/a/8uS1qOh

go back

Thanks bros

How can a man be so based?
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/issues/252

>fixed the light grey on Neon
Nice. Going back to Kuroba cause Clover dev is not updating my bookmarks

Running clover on a switch.
It's beautiful

>Clover dev is not updating my bookmarks
You sure you have thread watcher enabled?

Attached: Screenshot_20190728-103319_Clover dev.jpg (1080x622, 98K)

I do. No idea why it's not updating them.

Why is theme selection so shitty? 6 of them is the same darkasmysoul with different post link color, not a single one with brightness between black and default blue board

Make a better one, there is even a guide on github.

Light themes are shit.

>Captcha queueing
Fuck yeah

Can you link?

github.com/chandevel/Clover/wiki/Adding-a-new-theme

>javascript captch
unusable bullshit, barely works, have to fill in 10 pages for a single post
>noscript captcha
actually works, have to solve only one page each time

nani the fuck?

That's fantastic. Thank you, k1

unironically google botnet

I wish K1 would focus all his attention on Clover now that he has full access to it via chandevel, instead of building features for Kuroba.

Can either dev please add the Halloween theme? Thank you very much.

I have a 2 weeks vacation in like a month, so I'm going to port most of the shit to Clover during the vacation.

No rush. I just feel like you are making more effort for yourself by working on two repos instead of one.

based :sunglasses:
including emojis, right?

suggestion: make the captcha buttons evenly spaced and sized on each column, each occupying an entire cell width, and not like the portion they are now

Attached: Screenshot_20190728-191424.png (1080x2160, 860K)

I did a shitty mockup of what I'm referring to

Attached: mockup.jpg (2170x2158, 630K)

K1 would never abandon his best friend Cheese

What would it take to make the JS captcha like on the desktop website where you only occasionally need to fill it?

Based k1 not picking sides.

Are you talking about Clover or Kuroba?

Aaaaah fix the issue with not updating new post counters for archived threads. I want to know if there really are no new posts in which case I can remove the thread or if there are in fact new comment that might interest me.

Attached: 1558992856472.jpg (700x639, 37K)

What are you talking about? Its the same as on pc, i always have to solve a couple of pages before passing it

mmm well i think it looks the same of both right now, because it is the same code, afaik
the three buttons are not centered, and they are different sizes

well I have just checked, and Kuroba does have all this properly aligned
it is an issue only in Clover. I guess the code is older
thanks for the heads up

It will only get fixed if you submit an issue to the GitHub

>i always have to solve a couple of pages before passing it
It's not like that for me, usually it lets me post without filling in anything. I'm away from my PC so I can't take a video, but here's a video I took on my phone on the desktop website which shows the same thing.

Attached: Screenrecorder-2019-07-28-21-23-07-987(0).webm (720x1280, 2.28M)

Once I've filled in the captcha it lets me post a few times without having to do the captcha at all

Attached: Chrome.webm (720x1280, 1.71M)

It works that way thanks to chrome
Read Chan works the same way. Give it a try. I've already suggested this here, but the antijs tards jumped at me

This happens because you were deep into Google's botnet and it considers your IP to be safe.

K1 is working on this by studying how 4chanX manages to do this with the NoJS captcha. See

went back to clover for now
honestly with the new captcha it feels really nice and bug free

Is it just me, or has kuroba started to freeze up way more?

Just you

It freezes randomly sometimes as it always did here, adamantcheese code is a bit rotten

It's just you and don't listen to clover shills until it catches up to kurba.

K1, why don't you develop on your own fork, release Clover like devs while fetching commits from cheese automatically? This way you won't need to wait for him to approve your PRs, and if he wants you features, he can fetch them too.

Last thing we need is another fork

K1 has a fork, and doing what I said would mean that he doesn't have to wait for cheese's approval to commit his shit.