EReader Appreciation Thread

Since I there was an overwhelming support in defense of the humble eReader after some retard zoomer claimed "mUh pHoNe SuPeRiOr", lets have an eReader appreciation thread.

Starting off, what's your favourite all time eReader?

Attached: busted-kindle.jpg (620x312, 67K)

Original Kindle Oasis
That fuck is lighter than a goddamned magazine and an absolute dream to read on

>Kindle Oasis

I fucking wish I have the money to buy one

See if you can pick up an old 1st gen one. They sometimes sell on swappa for $100.

The new one is "better," its waterproof and has a variable color backlight, but the old one was lighter and just super slick

I had a original Kobo. All in all works really well, build quality, great battery life. Also took me months to realize how cool e-ink really is. Love them e-readers

Aight, I was actually looking for an eReader with physical buttons. I'll need to look for one here.

I never had an e-Reader but I want to buy one, they look super comfy. What's a good decently priced model?

Kobo Aura is great, you can also ask on mobilereads

I had a second gen paperwhite for years that I loved. I still have it, but I just got the new Oasis today (I've been waiting for adjustable color temp for a long time). It's great so far. Only negative I've noticed is that the metal case is not as grippy as the rubberized Paperwhite case. The ridge makes it easier to grip though, so it's not a huge issue, and easy enough to stick on a coating.

Fucking kindle, I had the first model as a teen and I put it in my back pocket, the SLIGHTEST shit made the screen crack then I got the model with fucking ads in my books

Attached: IMG_20190727_125521.jpg (2976x3968, 2.52M)

I enjoy my paperwhite, but I really want one with a 8.5x11 screen for textbooks and sheet music.

Attached: 20190726_144737.jpg (2268x2268, 2.23M)

1st gen paperwhite. Its a dream to read books on it. Great light, awesome battery . Got a replacement battery with more mah for lile 10 bucks and can read books for weeks. Also ive got the 3g version which is simply an awesome idea on itself. When i have vacation or to much free time i get unlimited.

yeah, they're expensive.

i currently read on my phone in bed with the blue light and brightness turned all the way down. i'm a e-reader scrub. are they visible at night? does the e-ink stuff give off blue light? what is this black magick?

Anyone try a yotaphone? That second e ink screen looked kinda neat.

In a /lit/ thread, an user recommended me to look into the Kobo Clara HD. I had the Nook Simple Touch before (which didn't have backlight but I found it comfy) but the screen got damaged.

it's tiny polarized balls.
when a bias is applied the balls roll, depending on the polarity of the bias, to show either a light or dark side.
they don't emit light.
surprisingly simple idea.

so you can't read in the dark?

Not without a light, the screen is like inert paper. Quite a few readers have lights built in however, or you could get a clip on one.

right, just like a book.
you can read in the dark with a light.
some have built in lights.
clip on lights are cheap.
the actual e-ink technology by itself does not emit light.

I am looking at some of the large screened ones to read technical PDFs and Textbooks on. Waiting for more brands to pick up USB C.

e-readers are for old farts or diabetic hippies

For me, its the Kindle 2.
The best ereader

Attached: IMG_20190728_120152_1.jpg (2340x3879, 2.14M)