Protip for those considering migrating to linux

Protip for those considering migrating to linux.
Scanners don't work on linux.
To be fair most printers do but not the scanners.
Well there is this program called vuescan that does work but you have to pay for it.
I'm probably going to have to get a crack for it and run on it wine just to get my damn scanner to work cause I'm not going to pay for it.

Attached: 8-wFoOPa_400x400.jpg (384x384, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sane-project.org/sane-backends.html#SCANNERS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I just use Simple Scan for my HP printer/scanner combo.

>t. brainlet
Same

For regular usage Linux sucks ass. Everyone who has used it knows this. Only good for hackers programmers and server use

install Scantoo

works for me

There is no alternative. macOS is locked to certain hardware configurations and no other OS comes close in usability.

I've actually had (Plustek) scanners working on linux that didn't have modern drivers for modern windows releases, sooo....

>regular use
You mean opening a browser and doing everything there?
>hackers and programmers
Admit it, you've never installed linux.

I have many times. I can compile and configure stuff. It sucks ass for nearly everything

>video editing
Basically doesn't exist on Linux
>office programs
Inferior to windows
>gaming
Inferior to windows
>hardware support
Besides different cpu support its inferior

So what does exactly Linux excel at? The things I mentioned

Sucks ass for what?
I installed mint for on my parents shitty hp laptop and I dont think they'd even notice the difference between it and winshit unless I told them. Stop using meme distros if you are a brainlet.

Sucks ass at everything. I don't get why people even try to argue it isn't when that one Linux guy talks about how shit it is every year

Don't know about editing but Libreoffice is fine. I prefer it over m$ office. Gaming might take a bit of work, sure. You can install proprietary drivers for hw.

If the drivers even exist otherwise enjoy hacking some band aid solution

Never had any problems with hw support. When was the last time you used linux? If you're using a computer for "regular use", distros like mint should work out of the box.

I scanned hundreds of documents through my ADF scanner just a few weeks ago. It was easy, and now I can shred all those physical documents and have digital backups if I ever need them.

>>video editing
>Basically doesn't exist on Linux
What kind of video editing are you talking about? Most movie studios these days use Linux for special effects and animation.

Editing not cgi

>shit security version of Ubuntu

Yea no you're the last person I would listen to

davinci resolve

I don't use mint myself but it's perfect for tech retarded boomers and winfags.

Fuck off to reddit

Make me bitch

You are factually retarded:

sane-project.org/sane-backends.html#SCANNERS

Chances are your old outdated scanners are more well supported in Linux than Windows 10.

same

Old scanners are far better supported on Linux than on Windows, printers are still somewhat of an issue (though if you really buy anything tech-related without looking it up online first, you're probably retarded or don't know anything about tech

printers and scanners are one of the things that worked better in linux than windows

nothing works on Linux.

The hell kind of distros do you winshills try? Everything you guys complain about works for me.

Xsane was able to recognize all my Canon LiDE scanners except for the 600F. It also wouldn't recognize an HP 4x6 flatbed photo scanner I had. I was a little bummed by that one since I wanted to turn it into a camera.

I haven't thrown a whole lot of printers at it but I have gotten Linux to work with my old HP PSC, and a Ricoh 8210s we have at work (google image search it.) Printing on my Canon BJC-55 however is slow as fuck.

Attached: otacos_0057.jpg (1024x683, 153K)

These faggots have never used linux in their lives. They're just used to windows because they're too lazy and dumb to ever try anything new.

>migrating to linux
Why would any sane person do that?

To avoid the Apple tax.

Just tried it with the brother networked 3 in 1 I have and it worked without any config. OP is a fig

>t. 2009 netbook user complaining that his old shit doesn't work
>never used linux again with modern 2019 hardware
kys

You mean modern hardware like ryzen which wasn't even supported on release?

Yes, modern hardware like Ryzen, which makes Windows nag me about using not officially supported hardware.

>frogposter can't figure out linux
Another day with no new developments

>video editing
Everyone knows you use OSX for that. :^)
>office programs
Credit where it is due, this is true for powerpoint, and the rest of the Office package got much better over the last 10 years so the bar was raised. Word can apply review changes on documents. It's also a matter of being used to the chart and slide layouts.
>Hardware support
I had issues with the nouveau drivers a few years ago, but else I can't say I am aware.

That said, data processing (excel, access) can be done with libreoffice and gnumeric, and nothing beats using scripts for the exact purpose you need. As for writing, LaTeX does a superb job.

There is always Wine. Even without it, gaming catches up.

>So what does exactly Linux excel at?
Windows does not have that degree of customizability, and >freedom. You have to stick with all changes to how to navigate in it. The next best alternative is literally another OS.

>I don't get why people even try to argue it isn't when that one Linux guy talks about how shit it is every year.
No one's personal army, Mate.

Windows has eclipsed MacOS in terms of ease of use. I use both regularly.

lol
so many desperate IBM shills here defending their tranny kernel

>So what does exactly Linux excel at?
Pricing and privacy.

linux isn't perfect. this is why i run wine and have a windows 7 VM. nobody that is linux fanboy has ever claimed linux can do everything.

you forgot configurability/hackability

Oh no! I bet Linux doesn't work with carrier pigeons either!

This

My scanner works for me.

Works on my machine, op. Maybe you're just a fucking idiot.