Prediction:

Prediction:
Intel's next gen will be 10nm. They're already capable of producing it, but hinting at that right now would be a bad business move, as it would decrease interest in current Intel products and give AMD an early warning.

You all owe me Domino's if i'm right.

Attached: d1f5e54e0b476bc0b5514643f4c54588_XL.jpg (1200x600, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/13405/intel-10nm-cannon-lake-and-core-i3-8121u-deep-dive-review/2
anandtech.com/show/14666/tsmc-3nm-euv-development-progress-going-well-early-customers-engaged
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cool blog

>They're already capable of producing it
We know that. Their discrete GPUs they plan to release in 2020 are on 10nm

I worded that poorly, that part is known of course.
What i meant is that they're capable of producing 10nm desktop CPUs already.

highly doubt. wasnt raya at samsung fabs a few times??

>they are capable of producing it
yeah with less than 20% yield rate

INTEL 7NM WILL BEAT AMD 7NM IN 2027

That's pretty backwards, i mean AMD 7nm barely beats out Intel 14nm and not even in all tasks.
If intel steps their manifacturing process up at all, AMD is back in the cuckshed.

new processing node doesn't mean better performance
by the time intel will be on 7nm amd will have already been on 3nm with and every year they will have increased their IPC by 20% or more

not to mention that intel's 10nm will bring a clock speed regression so the IPC increase will be useless for gaming

>what is yield rate %
Lol we won't see it for a while, definitely not this year anyway

There is no 10nm

why the fuck does it matter? it's not gonna make the CPUs cheaper, faster, having lower input nor any significant ratio of those. its not gonna fix all their architectural flaw, poor scaling for number of cores, decades of backward compatibility mess in ISA, nor fix all the creeping security bugs.

It would be neat if Intel enters the GPU market since then there would be red, green, blue.

intel's yield rate for 10nm is below 10%

>source: my ass

anandtech.com/show/13405/intel-10nm-cannon-lake-and-core-i3-8121u-deep-dive-review/2
>He reports that Intel’s yields were sub-10% for the Cannon Lake 10nm CPU, well below the 60% Intel had expected at this point

>10nm 2015
AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHH

Attached: 1563717784788.jpg (960x928, 66K)

>7nm in 2017

Attached: 1561651641337.jpg (3490x3124, 765K)

Reminder once you stumble in the transistor race you lost forever.

>3nm ipc
What

this. why else pushing low core count mobile shits when 10nm would be soo amazing in servers?

devilish

Attached: 1519067311778.jpg (230x220, 10K)

No shit, really? They released 10nm laptop cpus last year. It doesn't mean the node is working. It's a pice of shit and will be forever.

by the time intel will be on 7nm amd will have already been on 3nm
amd will have increased their ipc every generation by 20% or more while intel will need to shrink their node again in order to get an ipc increase
who cares about 10nm 28 core server cpus when amd has 7nm 64 core server cpus with 256mbs of cache

generational uplift of IPC on top of process node advantage, be power or clockspeed

>1 atom graphene in 2020

devilishly checked

>amd has 7nm 64 core server cpus with 256mbs of cache
mfw

>amd will have increased their ipc every generation by 20%
i doubt but yet hope they'll deliver something like that, everything over 10% would be fucking great. last i heard was Norrad (norrod?? this Forest guy) said that Zen3 will be alot of power efficiency improvements but thats pretty old, if i remember correctly. i bet the I/O-die and IF still uses a shitton of power and could need some sort of a upgrade

Attached: 1541538409899.png (298x279, 30K)

>3nm

Attached: doubt.png (419x238, 84K)

i dont know dude if intel brings 7nm to desktop by 2025 then amd will be already on 3nm and beyond

>anandtech.com/show/14666/tsmc-3nm-euv-development-progress-going-well-early-customers-engaged
it will take years but its coming

There's no 10nm

They'll use 14nm+++++++ until 2021/2022...or until their own 7nm process shows up

Their Xe GPUs will be made by Samsung and depending on their reception and success, Intel will pay off gooks to build their new i7s

>Intel will pay off gooks to build their new i7s
better sell all intel shares

kek this

You're going to summon the carbon nanotube retards.

What if they found out how to make graphine tubes at scale and just said "Fuck it, we'll take a soaking this year" but then they come out with this 1nm fucking insanity
Then i woke up, but still a cool dream

They can barely get out low volume 10nm mobile chips that perform moderately better than the last generation. Desktop parts are end of 2020 at the absolute earliest.

Intel isn't gonna produce 10nm CPUs until 2021/2022 at the earliest, and they'll probably be even more expensive than the i9900k

Don't forget to buy your 14nm+++ 10 core with no ht, 5.2ghz 350 watt i9 for 600 dollars later this year

There might be some truth to that. Intel 14nm already is slightly ahead of AMD 7nm...10nm will be a slaughter so why rush things?

Why do you think Nvidia kept the 1000 series going on for so long?

>10nm will be a slaughter
At lower than 4ghz?

>Prediction:
>Intel's next gen will be 10nm.
That isn't a prediction, user. Intel has a public roadmap showing exactly when they're releasing what parts. They've already started shipping their 10nm mobile parts to OEM, and they're ramping up more. They'll be shipping SKUs between 6w and 25w, up to 4c/8t, with a big "Iris Plus" IGP.
High performance desktop parts however are still going to be 14nm+++ for a short while until intel tweaks the process enough to get better yields with larger parts and higher clocks.
>They're already capable of producing it,
They're capable pf producing small low TDP parts. Anything else would be losing money on a per die basis just like the OG desktop Broadwell which was made end of life after being on the market for 2 months.

This is nothing but retard fanfiction on your part, OP.

Architecture and process are entirely different things.
Per clock 7nm Zen2 consumes significantly lower power than intel's latest 14nm Skylake refresh.

>Raja Koduri GPUs
Member Vega?

Attached: 1544980774770.jpg (768x1024, 234K)

That would be plausible but
>Intel

>It's a pice of shit and will be forever.

This isn't a thread about Zen 2

Exactly, user.

>t.

Attached: 1560441878880.jpg (426x510, 42K)

>7nm
>2017
O NO NO LOOK AT THIS DUDE

>sell all intel shares
>when the only thing holding intel back is process node
(lol

the moment they touch 7nm is the time they will annihilate amd, even with old arch

keep dreaming kike shill

INTEL 7NM WILL ANNIHILATE AMD 2NM IN 2027

For high performance SKUs intel has nothing but 14nm silicon coming for all of 2020.
Glacial Falls, Basin Falls, Comet Lake, and a refesh of Coffee Lake S cover intel's near term releases from now until Q4 2020. That is their entire product stack from low TDP 35w SFF chips to 150w Prosumer market segment chips.

AMD will be releasing Zen3 parts on 7nm EUV next year that will be competing with intel's 14nm high end SKUs.
Come 2021 AMD will be releasing Zen 4 which is being fabbed on TSMC's 5nm EUV process. This is the time frame when intel might start releasing high performance 10nm silicon, non mobile parts. Its 5nm TSMC vs 10nm from intel.
We know from intel's own public figures that the OG 10nm process had up to 100mil xtors per mm2. This is the original node which no longer exists. What they're offering now is 10nm+ which has relaxed BEOL pitches to decrease density. However from TSMC we know their 5nm node has a maximum density of 173mil xtors per mm2. TSMC already had a significant advantage over intel's 10nm at 7nm with denser SRAM, but now its an entirely different ballpark. intel is falling majorly behind across the board.

By the time intel actually starts producing 7nm Trigate parts they'll probably be facing off with something AMD has fabbed on TSMC's 3nm EUV GAA node. intel isn't ever catching up here unless TSMC has a major fab fire.

Attached: 1560209932977.webm (720x404, 2.97M)

based

based
fuck intel and their damage control shills

Thats why the original 10nm node no longer exists, and now you have "10nm+" for which intel has disclosed no details publicly. Its not going to have anywhere near the 100Mt/mm2 they originally targeted.

They're 5 years late by their own original roadmap, and only shipping low TDP mobile chips now. It'll be 6-7 years late for top binned desktop SKUs.

He is

AMDrones are so afraid of Intel paying off Samsung to build their shit

AMD is only leading because Intel is sitting on old technology and 14nm++++++++++++, give them Samsung's 7nm and they'll send AMD back to irrelevance

Notice Nvidia is also moving to Samsung, both Intel and Nvidia will be shitting on TSMC

Attached: poo.jpg (720x960, 241K)

It's amazing how autistic this board has become over the size of transistors acting like it's all that's needed to make fast CPUs. AMD has been ahead of Intel for over 3 years now and only now barely beating Intel at the top levels.

You people have ruined this board with this retarded ass spam 24/7

Attached: 8nRqoXW.jpg.png (800x729, 48K)

Do Intel shills really believe this?
Inb4 wait 5 years for intel 7nm it will definitely beat amd's 3nm with its 20% better IPC over skylake and 333% less clockspeed

intel will be a 7nm super power in 2027!

Desktop lineup will remain 14nm and there will be another 10nm laptop paper launch. After that we'll see.

AMD will most likely be on zen 5 or 6 by the time they get to 3nm, so yes ipc will be higher by then

AMD has been ahead of Intel on process technology for exactly 3 weeks.

AMD has had 7nm products since last august, this is just the release of 7nm cpus for consumers

Intel has 10nm parts in their labs too, does that mean they are equal in process technology now?

intel 7nm superpower 2077 just wait

AMD's 7nm were available for servers since last August and now for regular PCs as well. Intel's 10nm doesn't exist as a product.

There are zero 7nm epyc parts outside of testing labs.

AMD released Mi cards last august retard, unlike intel that still has no real 10nm products

>pay off Samsung
>wait for 5 years
AMDrones can't even read properly

If they pay off gooks they won't have to wait for 5 years, they'll have a new CPU in a year or two

He is talking about 7nm gpus

You have brain damage pajeet

Tell me how Radeon Instinct competes with Intel CPUs.

I work at the cpu_jew. we have 10nm working.

Just face it retard AMD has been on 7nm for a year and intel is never catching up

intels 7nm = tsmc's (amd) 5nm

intels 10nm = tsmc's 7nm

This is nowhere near true

Intel's 10nm is not the original 10nm they initially advertised, its a watered down version of the original

>when the only thing holding intel back is process node
thats not the Jow Forums humour thread, summerfag

Attached: 1528452813082.jpg (600x400, 21K)

If they pay Samsung to do it then their 10nm transistor density will be worse than amd's 7nm

and how many backdoors?

Your dick doesn't count.

39 at the moment

MAGIC SEKRIT SAUCE 10NM ARCHITECTURE 2020 SUPERPOWER

It's more likely for intel to outsource the GPUs to some other fab simply because they need to make them fairly cheap to gain marketshare, and that sure ain't gonna happen on their problem-ridden 10nm.

where are the proofs

I hope you like massive mark up on top of Intels already enormous 60% profit margin. Samsung would be basically Intel admitting 10nm and 7nm are shit and so far behind on development that their fabs are now an albatross of worthlessness even worse than when AMD owned Global Foundries.

>new processing node doesn't mean better performance
It does, just indirectly. Efficiency gains allow for "wider" cores at same power as previous node which results in better IPC.
Saying that node shrink doesn't do anything just for the sake of saying that is stupid, because in reality it virtually always does, just indirectly.

Shh don't ask AMDrones for evidence.
REMEMBER:
INTEL BAD
AMD GOOD
now repeat after me:
INTEL BAD
AMD GOOD

Attached: Droning.png (710x559, 172K)

Repeat with me rabbi
INTEL GOOD
AMD BAD

>graphene
biggest meme of the 21st century

I think the problem is they still haven't figured out a viable method for large volume production, and that's necessary for it to not be a meme

Maximum density quoted at each node:
Original 10nm Trigate = 100Mt/mm2
Current "10nm+" unstated, but lower density than original
TSMC non EUV 7nm =96.5Mt/mm2
TSMC 7nm EUV 113Mt/mm2
TSMC also has an advantage over intel with SRAM cell density.
TSMC 5nm EUV 173Mt/mm2.

intel can't compete on any front right now. TSMC already has 5nm EUV in risk production btw.

ORANGE LOGO BAD

Attached: 1527629778452.jpg (679x758, 54K)

I kinda wonder if AMD will go with 5nm or take 6nm instead which, as I understand, basically a 7nm EUV+, more density but also backward design compatibility. I guess that depends on whether TSMC was offering 6nm back when Zen 3 was being designed.

intel had to relax BEOL pitches on 14nm to improve yields after the launch of Broadwell Core M was a huge disaster. Broadwell to Skylake saw a significant reduction in back end scaling.
Intel themselves have publicly stated that yields on their first OG 10nm part were below 10%. That part was a pitiful dual core mobile i3 that didn't even have a functional IGP. Sub 10% yield on that tiny low clocking part.

10nm+ is not the same process. They aren't going to keep trying for 100Mt/mm2 when they can't even produce a dual core die with double digit yields.

Honestly I don't really follow the hardware tends anymore. I've pretty much stopped caring. There's zero point to it. My computer does all I need so fuck it. If the PSU shits, I'll just order a new one and replace it.

The only thing I upgrade anymore is my storage. For my servers and for backup purposes. So long as ATX and SATA don't go anywhere in the next 10+ years I'll be ok.

The 6nm process is another stop gap for ARM vendors. Companies like MediaTek who want more performance, but already have existing designs built around 7nm design rules. Its not a high performance node.

Enterprise Genoa has allegedly already taped out on 5nm. Charlie from S|A says so anyway.

>intel can't compete on any front right now. TSMC already has 5nm EUV in risk production btw.
Hmm we don't really know that though. Information about TSMC or Samsung progress is much easier to obtain due to how many customers they're serving. Intel on the other hand mostly does intel stuff, so aside from the bare minimum they tell their shareholders, we really don't know much on what's being cooked in their fabs

>hasty generalization from another node and no direct evidence
lol