How do you decide what text editor/IDE you're going to use when programming? There's so many to select from

How do you decide what text editor/IDE you're going to use when programming? There's so many to select from.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 66K)

i wrote one ffrom the ground up in python
ask me anything

My professor recommended notepad++ so I use that

you decide vim and ignore the bloated garbage.

do you require medical assistance

You just use whatever people teaching you / your coworkers / your colleagues use.

i have none of those things.

its been ... a solid decade of python progarmming 24/7 to get to the point where i considered i could write it .. i am trying to get it to "version 3" now .. the g1 was simply an editor .. v1 was around last summer. v3 is gui
its a full gui system. the whole lot .. its gone thru many upgrades. the whole lot = < 4mb
its pure ptyhon
there is nothing .. there are no 'complex' modules
there is a lot of code. i won'#t put it on github because i fking despise microsoft .. microsoft = "the dark ages of tech" as apple insider editorial article stated, in june .. i have bugs i have issues with it .. it could be used. where the fk would i put it. what im working on now,heavily = "version 3".. im fking ill with this shit desu. its fking ... full on. the ide is amazing imo . its blindingly fast, being SDL2 .. its written from the ground up in what is normally used for games.

what i call 'v2' .. version 2 is the gui.
v3 is what i am working on now .. v3 = android.
v2 works on linux .. v3 is being developed using v2. it is being developed on raspberry pi with touch screen/android. that is what i am working on now .. that = attempts/versions daily/weekly. there was 1 whole fking version, today. im up the wall with it .. its obsession.
its all i fking do. i have NO LIFE. its fking brilliant. its all i wanted to do, ever, desu. im running outta money heavily in debt and the thug government here states "get a job". i despise the government here -- i despise boris johnson. boris johnson is a problem, I MO

I just use jetbrains

You can use gitlab or bitbucket

the way it hangs to gether, the design .. its xcellent imho .. .. its mazing the way it dbugs .. i am a pro. i worked in industry .. i did 16 jobs serially, interrnationally .. i was very very badly maltreated herre.. its not gonna be involved with anyone english after what they did to me

they have no respect for anyone or anything
boris johnson is a problem

desu ..
the thought of putting it online .. makes me sick
m mebbe just gonna continue .. get to v3
i don't want anyone fking criticizing it
i have people taking digs @ me all the fking time
its
naw im outta here. / discussion over

i would have no idea how to do that
i have no interest at all in 'git', desu. i have no interest at all, no recard for common standards
i have my own standards

it has it's own 'version control'

BBedit

Found vim
Used it because I have crippling autism
Use it for everything now becuse of ^^

EMACS
I used to use vim but emacs is way better as an ide...
and an OS

i fking rewrot it a month ago to like consolidate .. it had massive flaws. v3. the approach is becoming innovative. its FAST all of it is FAST .. i write excellent code.. i always did.. that means nothing here.

was trying to write v3 outta v2.. today .. i thought its gotta be used .. but its becomes fking .. writing something in something while it is being used. the system is complex. there is NO DOCUMENTATION

Wanted to try vim, didn't like it, learned how to use it because it's better than nano when working on servers, now use it a lot.
I use sublime-text when I'm programming though, a lot easier to manage multiple files and folders in my opinion.

its FAST

2019-07-28_18:47:11.32 bb is building um
2019-07-28_18:47:11.32 bb is building cmd
2019-07-28_18:47:11.32 bb is building kco
2019-07-28_18:47:11.34 bb is building co
2019-07-28_18:47:11.34 bb is building koe
2019-07-28_18:47:11.38 bb is building oe
2019-07-28_18:47:11.39 bb is building ko
2019-07-28_18:47:11.39 bb is building o
2019-07-28_18:47:11.39 bb is building kwe
2019-07-28_18:47:11.40 bb is building we
2019-07-28_18:47:11.41 bb is building rdb
2019-07-28_18:47:11.58 bind 192.168.1.75 8600 um sockwait 7
Killed

I use VS Code because I don't have terminal autism.

that ws it booting
its got its own environment.
it builds itself
its not just the IDE .. its the methodology/approach. i am a systems person
i never dealt with win shit
i write databases
this = data oriented
thats what im fking trying to get v3 to , more
all kinds of attemptws.. i was writing like several versions a week.. then it can .. a version can be like 3 months . i have some sort of a crisis and write it offf in an afternoon.
but.. the facyt that i have a n ide now.. im always working on the ide... there are bugs .. its VERY VERY ROBUST .. its FUCKING FASWT

also its written by a pro (me) .. its got things.. in it it has approaches.. that make things very easy to do. .. working on android now .. have been working on v3 for fking ages. as i said the thing is used to build itself. its used to build v3. any of the versions. ill shut up now. cos nobody seems interested

Despite it being Microsoft and begging you to enable Telemetry, it's actually a really good editor. Plus it doesn't nag you for money like Sublime Text ($80, tried patching it to stop the nagging but it didn't fully work and would still nag occasionally on saving a file).

jesus christ what kind of fucked up mental disorder do you have?

Attached: disgusted.png (744x663, 300K)

panic

> me waiting on visual studio to open
> using boomer/reddit tier meme and spacing is only way to describe vs

I use vim or emacs with a good multi window terminal or twm.

Attached: images(5).jpg (193x261, 12K)

I'll take that as a yes

Pic of it since you're too embarrassed to share it.

no.

then shut up about this imaginary text editor that totally exists and isn't just the opioid dream of a Jow Forums wannabe hacker.

Then shut the fuck up. Won't share code, won't share a pic, talks about writing a fucking ide in a script kiddy language.

>and an OS
BASED

re: multi windows.. thats the 1 improvement i have. over your regular ide. it has its own gui. its got its own integral windowwing. .. its just gr8 to use. it really is. its fking robust. and its fast.. n the way its put together.. the way it builds. and the code organisation .. the system design/organisation .. it is pure python.

'kiddy language'
there we go
thats why i won't fking talk to anyone

python is a great language
stop that
sick of hearign this shit, all the time
what the fuck do you program in

Attached: iu.jpg (600x800, 42K)

I generally use vim, unless it's an IDE for a specific project (like Qt Creator or Android Studio). I program mostly in C, Python, Lua and Javascript.

Terry A. Davis Syndrome

i code 15 hours str8 sometimes
that 15 hours str8 using the ide i wrote. to produce, whatever.. the fkfing upgrades when they happen. i can wake up and not know what the fuck the day will be.. thats eveyr day .. its organic. its how it should be .. the british government/ approaches = failure. they are idiots here.

what about think neovim?

Windows/Linux is just a bootloader for emacs

>Been using Python while life
>FAST

>what the fuck do you program jn
If I am writing an IDE C++. If I'm writing something quick to automate a job or pull some quick data from an API or FTP I'd consider python though I do just as much in Powershell as python with less effort. My day job is Java, side job C#, hobbyist not python.

i often do python/c/c++ and most of the time our projects isn't that big, so emacs and qt creator for c++

Attached: iu.jpg (527x516, 40K)

VS Code just works.

You'd say he's possessed, christian fag

He meant it's not slow. He's a programmer not a physicist.

there's only vim

>Python
>Programmer
Kek

is the art of computer programming a good book set?

Bloat

Attached: 18SCI-KNUTH5-jumbo.jpg (700x1024, 124K)

Is that bad or good?

> *tips*

bloat