I'm glad forums are dying

I'm glad forums are dying

Attached: photobucketmessage1.jpg (300x299, 21K)

what caused it and what replaced it actually?

Attached: 1546670647231.png (900x1200, 1.34M)

Remember all the autistic screeching from people when someone linked to a page on their site other than the one they wanted you to link to?

ps2-home still does this. It's funny as fuck considering their entire site REAKS of early 2000s forums.
>Site admin has a literallywho HOTBABE as his icon
>[x] user signatures
>Those fucking phpBB smileys

Jow Forumscursedcomments

A mixture of Facebook and Reddit. Local stuff was replaced by facebook groups and small groups are easier to manage on a third party host.

reddit

Good riddance. Can't wait for Hiroshimoot finally nuking Jow Forums.

photobucket was never good.when it worked, it was SLOW.

Discord.

Forums were dead long before the furries started work on Discord.

>having to create an account for every single forum and deal with retarded """security measures""" each forum puts in that doesn't actually do anything at all
>go to reddit
>dont even need an email
>posting about your favorite hobby in less than 3 minutes
>subreddits start putting in retarded """security measures""" but this time to get rid of le ebil brigading bogeyman that doesn't happen anymore, like that your account has to be 3 months old to post at all
>many subreddits overabuse automoderator to the point where even making a post is just rolling the dice on what automoderator will find that makes it remove your post
internet discussion for hobbies has always been a shit show, except now you're essentially forced to go to Reddit if you want to find meaningful discussion about your hobby

I'd rather have reddit than 20000 different forums all linking to long dead forums, using photobucket etc and not to forget the usual "rEgIsTeR tO sEe LiNkS aLsO aN aDmIn NeEdS tO aCtIvAte YoUr AcCoUnT"

phpBB had the best smileys out of the bunch. Did you see the garbage vBulletin, Invision or fucking Ezboard tried to pass off as acceptable?

Attached: Mario2.jpg (941x574, 291K)

> photobucket dead images
> somehow related to forums "dying"
what a retarded load of shit. op is clearly a fucking faggot.

Forums died a decade ago buddy.

I hope that using smileys in forums puts you on some list that marks you for termination once AI takes over.. But seriously fuck vBulletin holy shit.

The real devil here is tapatalk. mobile only bullshit with desktops as an afterthought

Hard to believe that crap was the top dog of message board systems back in the day. It's just proof the internet was always just lazy hacky bullshit.

Attached: 1225244809262.jpg (367x277, 34K)

>tapatalk
Okay what the actual fuck. Why would anyone do that? Who came up with that fucking war crime?
Why would you ever want to focus on mobile first when you target forums? I doubt anyone is browsing your small 3 user Vietnamese coconut carving and basket weaving forum on their phone vs reddit, twitter, etc.

The answer is old people.

what's worse is that they buy out free forum hosting services, like zetaboards, panjo, yuku, and forces their communities to migrate to their old, locked down phpbb fork.
Wikia isn't the only one playing this game

I just as much doubt that unironic boomers still using some obscure forums even have a smartphone and don't just use a 30 year old PC they bought at Best Buy.

Ah of course.. Just buy out the competition. Judging by how shitty and "mOdErN" it looks like with it's mobile focus it probably has millions of VC money too..

they've been at it for years and if you want to blame someone, blame those fags

it still is.