Xorg does not support my graphics card, which means I have to run it in framebuffer mode

Xorg does not support my graphics card, which means I have to run it in framebuffer mode.

Dragging windows is slow as hell, and videos play at 3 or 4 frames per second.

Is there any way in which I could make it usable? Is there any way to watch videos on the tty without frame drops?

Pls send help

Attached: 1564339649612.jpg (683x683, 68K)

Download the GPU drivers

no dice if mesa dropped support

Get a new GPU or try your luck with Weyland?

There are no closed-source drivers, and the open-source ones have a 7-year-old bug that makes the screen freeze after two or three seconds.

I don't think wayland even runs on this thing.

what is it? Matrox, voodoo graphics, some card from 1989?
I think youre full of shit

what card is it? I'm curious

>nothing ever happens
It's an Ati Mobility Radeon 7500

stop being a poorfag and get a better card

How about no

jesus, the GMA 950 on a thinkpad x60 which can be bought for like 50 bucks is stronger and supported by mesa.

my dude, you are just niggering too much.

Jesus Christ just buy a used card off of ebay you fucking dumbass.

>Mobility
>card

>using ancient trash that is worth less then the raw materials it contains
How's the 3rd world OP?
You better get good at device driver programming because you are probably the only person in the world that needs that driver

this is linux

This is poor fags who run 20 year old hardware.

What the fuck is this, 1999? We only have like 3 GPU manufacturers and a few drivers that support everything Nvidia, AMD and Intel from the past 20 years.

No that GPUs are all handled by the kernel now and it exposes interfaces to X.org instead of reimplementing the fucking wheel?

So you will reball the GPU for me, user? Nice, thank you!

install windows or get an iPad

Breh its an 18 year old card.

>OP opens a thread looking for tips to make xorg run better with the framebuffer driver
>retards tell him they don't believe him
>retards tell him to buy a new card
>retards tell him to stop complaining because it's an old card (he never complained)
>nobody answers the question

Peak Jow Forums

Dude, the card is older than me, it's time for an upgrade. Integrated graphics would run better than something that old.

>Dude, the card is older than me
>2002

Repent zoomer

Fix the bug yourself.