Previous thread:
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: AA30769909D046233E93E24371B1C0D1CDF3C9E5.jpg (582x375, 144K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/recaptcha/intro/v3.html#the-recaptcha-advantage
github.com/mikf/gallery-dl
mirapolnext.pl/dysk-hdd-3-5-hitachi-ultrastar-2tb-hua722020ala-p-15235.html
whatismyipaddress.com/dynamic-static
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Relmtech.Remote&hl=en
edx.org/course?search_query=python
forums.tomshardware.com/faq/cpu-overclocking-guide-and-tutorial-for-beginners.3347428/
stackoverflow.com/questions/1078524/how-to-specify-the-location-with-wget
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

reposting from last thread
sup, what OS can actually run in a pentium 4? i already tried clover os and genode, both dont, windows xp works and that means all of the windows before do too

reposting
can you use an android phone as a keyboard for a laptop via bluetooth?

any minimal linux. any bsd.

Puppy Linux.
Technically any windows if you upgrade the computer.

thanks, gonna go check the openbsd general

list = [27,46,-5,17,99,[89,92,93]]
print(list)
kk = ["A","B",1,2,3,True,-1]
print(kk)
xx = kk[5]
print(xx)
if 93 in list:
print("It here")
#why doesnt it print it here?

I think you might need an if/then or if/else statement instead and make it before the print

Works On My Machine

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-07-28 21-05-52.png (766x345, 43K)

Oh, you have a list in a list. You need to:
if 93 in list[1]:

no i just need to specify the element

if 99 in list[1:]:
print("It here")
>>>it here

If my sound card says it has a 500 ohm amp is it equal to every other 500 ohm amp?

or are there quality differences?

if 93 in list[-1]: print("It here2")
you're looking for the element '93' in the list, and there's no element '93'
there is an element [89, 92, 93] in your list (the last element of list)
tl;dr: check for nested elements
now for the question, is there a good cheap 5 to 5.5' phone to replace a dying redmi note 3 pro?
the only requirements are for it to work with eu frequencies and have a sd card slot
new redmi are too fucking big

TLDR: it will work ok with 500 ohm headphones.

That just means the amp has an appropriate level of gain for headphones up to 500 ohms. For whatever level of sensitivity they assume your headphones have.
>or are there quality differences?
Of course.

Can I buy a USB switching device that lets me connect 2 devices to an external soundcard and switch between them? Some sort of USB hub with passthrough so only one device is working at a time?

Are there any decent Android emulators? Nox is chink shit that won't function properly when performing verification on certain apps.

I have a C: drive with windows and a D: drive with mysql, why does running heavy mysql operations affect my whole PC stability if it's supposed to be only using the D: drive

Attached: 1553272048366.jpg (362x358, 22K)

Before I fall for this meme, can anyone tell me what's the point of aftermarket foam tips for iems?

Attached: 816EYDIbKDL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1334, 153K)

Some possible explanations:
>C and D are the same disk
>windows is slow on mysql
>mysql is not configured properly

C: and D: are different drives. I set mysql to only use 512 megabytes maximum in the config files and it's still commiting a shit ton of RAM and writing to my pagefile on C:, should I activate/create a pagefile on D: then?

Sorry to repost
Has my phone number been blocked or is one of us simply put of phone data?

Attached: Pls respond .jpg (1080x1128, 197K)

I just done building my Ryzen 3600 built and I'm wondering why aren't these softwares showing my CPU temperature and more information on my ram?

Attached: Capture.png (1579x829, 908K)

How does dynamic IP even work? Is that why I'm always got blocked on 4chin?

How do I get rid of water drop stains under my phone’s screen? I’m a massive retard for even letting it happen.

That's an automatic response from some shitty app they installed to tell you to fuck off lol.

try putting it in rice

What am I supposed to do if Windows 10 says I have over 100GB of System files? I checked the size of the C:\Windows folder and it's under 30GB. Is it just an error? Is there a way to find out what it's counting?
I also checked (as TrustedInstaller) the size of the "System Volume Information" folder and it's not even 100MB. So what the fuck is taking up so much space?

My phone has started to act weird, a few times a day at random times when locked it changes the lockscreen to black, only displays the clock and date and possibly an icon for unread messages. The problem ia that theres no lockpattern to unlock or anything else to open the phone with so I have to hold the powerbutton until it shuts down and then restart. I cant find anything for that in the options either. Android 7.
I tried updating everything but still happening

I absolutely believe it's possible I've been dropped like garbage but I can't rule out some freak coincidence

My understanding is that blocked SMS texts are still sent but they just aren't shown to the receiver hence my confusion about the message

Would you mind explaining more about how these blocking apps?

Forgot to mention that I already checked Windows.old and system restore. Nothing there. Nothing in the shadow volume either.

Are random laptop shutdowns a sign of an imminent permanent pc failure? Been Using an HP laptop for about 5 years now with little issues. I do notice it tends to shut down with high internal heat, though I use a laptop fan for it.

The most likely cause is battery failure. What's it like if you take the battery out and use it plugged in?

When moving or copying files in windows explorer, the file transfer dialog’s progress bar tends to hang a lot, just before it completes and the dialog disappears. However, I noticed that the files move over fine, instantaneously. It’s just the dialog that refuses to disappear for a few minutes rather than instantaneously. Even the dialog appears when moving small files - normally no dialog ever appears.

Running Windows 10 latest version. Pic is the dialog in question but pulled from google images

Attached: 41037CCF-20A3-449E-BEAB-7B46DDCD0DEA.png (487x317, 6K)

Well my laptop battery lasts literally 18 seconds on a full charge - it “died” long ago. I’ve been reliant on my charger for years. In that sense, I don’t think that I’m merely running out of power for my laptop. Still, Could that be a hint into my troubles?

I do leave the laptop battery in the laptop, despite using a charger 24/7. Haven’t tried using the laptop plugged in, with the battery absent - though I’d expect nothing much to change

Is there a Chrome extension that lets me save Instagram photos easier? I'm tired of having to view the page source and scroll for the image link every single time I want to save something.

Definitely try it without the battery. The battery could have gone high internal resistance and basically just act like a heater, siphoning away power that your laptop needs.

I can't get the windows 10 installer to install Windows from the ISO I downloaded and I don't have any USB sticks
It just says "failed to validate product key" because my current windows is unvalidated

like wat, how did you guys get past this clusterfuck

Much thanks my friend, I’ll try it out

Does solving captchas train AI? I always had this lingering suspicion. Haven’t found much internet articles with conclusive statements on this

>install Windows from the ISO I downloaded
You don't upgrade directly from an ISO. It has to be put on a flashdrive or DVD first, although these days the builds are too big to go on a dvd.

Google is your friend. Search "Windows 10 clean install" etc. Jow Forums is for shitposting, any info you get here is pure luck.

well no, I just mounted it with winarchiver but the goddamn installer won't even get me to the product Key screen so I couldn't even buy a valid key and install it after inputting it..

it's fucking stupid

This was my last resort man, already gone through both Youtube and google

I know some people use calibre to organize doujinshi/manga, how do you do that?

Yeah, drop the whole idea of installing off a mounted drive. That shit wouldn't exist after your first boot, so you'd be fucked.

ah, that makes sense. Not sure if it will fix it though but I guess I have to burn that shit like it's 2005

check out the app mr number or others to get an idea of how it works. basically it intercepts the msg.

bluestacks works well but has some ads, still a great emulator

Thank you dearly
I determined to find whatever form of closure I can get

Having trouble with my wifi adapter. When it works it works fine. But almost every time I turn the pc on it won't connect, usually takes like 30 minutes of running troubleshooter, uninstalling driver and plugging it back in and other dumb shit and it might work. Is it a win 10 issue or could it be motherboard? I will test the wifi adapter on another pc tomorrow.

what is the easiest way to set it up to where i can control my pc from my tablet or use my tablet as a wireless display for my pc?

doesn't show in speccy for me either. that info will show up in ryzen master tho, use that.

I have a question.

I have gathered information on Linux for over 4 weeks (not daily have a life too ya know) and then tried installing Arch Linux on a VM (for about 2 weeks (multiple installs))

Is the Oracle Virtual Box just shit or is the Archlinux experience really that buggy?
I realized after hours/ days of searching why I didn't have access to bash commands in the terminal at startup. That was because the $PATH variable got reconfigured after I installed java manually. So I had to echo PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin at every startup. I read up that these "PATH-variables are saved in 6 different places (mind boggling why is linux built like that) so i searched for every one. What I realized is I was missing .bashrc, .bash_profile, /etc/env.d etc. Even trying to recopy them from /etc/skel didn't work because that .bash_bashrc was literally empty.

How could this have happened, I followed install correctly?! Was is a faulty ISO? Either way I wasn't able to configure PATH and an additional problem arose. I couldn't start any program from shell due to init sever connection failing.
I tried xhost + but it didn't work. Any tips on why that could be?

Is this all due to a VM or is Linux just in general this buggy?
I really want to leave Windows and Arch isn't really that hard for a beginner, but stuff liek this just makes me want to stick with windows, due to the fact that my time is valuable and I need my laptop to run on MY command. I need my laptop for work and am not going to invest my time fixing an OS instead of actually using it.

I really invested alot of time in learning linux and don't want this all to be in vain.

This is not a meme, foam tips are god tier, never going back to silicons

I use calibre to organize my kindle library. Now what you might have to do is convert the actual manga images to a .mobi file and then load them into calibre. Mangaripper and Kindle Comic Converter will be your friends. KCC isn’t just for kindles.

Why did you immediately go with Arch as first Linux experience?

My sapphire 580 is running at 1410mhz core and 2ghz memory ootb, is there more to be had or is it over to the max already? What do I do with powerslider? Increase it so it stays boosted all the time?

Is there a way to change it so windows highlights ALL the words within square brackets and brackets when I double click inside it? For example
(orange apple) [orange apply] It only highlights one word within the brackets when I double click inside of it

Why is it that when creating an object, the class had to be referenced twice?

Animal dog1 = new Animal();

The second Animal is there because it uses the class but what's the use of the 1st one? Why can't it just be

dog1 = new Animal();

I know it's a type, but why do we put a type there?

That's a variable declaration. Variables must be declared before they can be used in most languages. You could equally do
Animal dog;
dog = new Animal();
Newer languages also let you infer the type of a variable if it is immediately assigned to using syntax like this.
var dog1 = new Animal();

remote desktop or team viewer

obviously and it's not exactly a secret. the old text captchas helped with digitizing books, the picture captchas are used to train neural networks (e.g. for google maps)
google.com/recaptcha/intro/v3.html#the-recaptcha-advantage

Attached: 2019-07-29_10_33_46.png (514x578, 189K)

would you be fine with a standalone program?
github.com/mikf/gallery-dl

mirapolnext.pl/dysk-hdd-3-5-hitachi-ultrastar-2tb-hua722020ala-p-15235.html
>SEP-2010
would this mean it's from september 2010?
is it worth getting a 9 years old drive like this? it's about the cheapest hdd i could find going by $ per TB

Goung further into that, why is a Class acting as a Type?

try running sfc /scannow or alternatively use a different program to move the files (e.g. teracopy)

Classes are types, that's the point of them.

you could try doing a factory reset after backing up your files or using a different lockscreen app from google play. no idea why this is happening

What do I need to learn before learning Python? I’m not an engineer nor do I aspire to be, I just want to be good at Python and nothing else.

tl;dr: your isp has a pool of ip addresses and gives you a different one (usually once a day). occasionally you will get an ip address that has previously been banned here, so you're seeing bans intended for other posters. you can try reconnecting your router to get a new ip address.
whatismyipaddress.com/dynamic-static

>Want to try Linux
>Install Linux Mint
>Device manager can't find my NVIDIA drivers or wifi drivers, claims my PC isn't using proprietary drivers when I know for a fact that it is
>resolution stuck at something stupidly small that stretches to fit
>google about
>nobody is having my exact issues
>try fixes anyway but they all do jack shit of course
ryzen 3900x CPU and RTX 2080 GPU and MSI x570 mobo btw

Am I too much of a brainlet for this shit? I went back to my Windows 10 LTSC, when I first installed it all of the drivers installed and updated perfectly and I didn't have to google about.

anyone?

What iOS version do I get for my iPod touch 6th gen. I'm on 11.4 and there's battery drain
if the latest version has that I'm scared

How do I specify where wget should save a file I'm downloading? Using windows.

Attached: CqoX0E6UIAAwADZ.jpg (1000x747, 79K)

yes, for example with this app
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Relmtech.Remote&hl=en
search for pc remote control in the playstore for alternatives.

codecademy or learnpythonthehardway would be a good start, to learn the basics. i don't think you need to know much other than english to begin.
edx also has a bunch of great courses for beginners.
edx.org/course?search_query=python

you probably can squeeze a bit more performance out of it, but not every card/chip has the same limits. stock settings are usually lower than the max, but you'll have to increase the rates slowly and do a lot of stress tests until you find how much performance you can gain. this is not something you can do in an hour.
forums.tomshardware.com/faq/cpu-overclocking-guide-and-tutorial-for-beginners.3347428/
after aquick google search, i've seen people getting around 1500mhz core to run stable, but that's not guaranteed

stackoverflow.com/questions/1078524/how-to-specify-the-location-with-wget

Ah fair enough, I just remember reading somewhere that the cards that come OCd out of the box pretty much already run at max. I don't think I'm too bothered if it's less than 5% increase, not worth the heat.

Thanks

Attached: CPUJ0I_UcAAtZgY.jpg (600x901, 83K)

bump

Is there a way to test the admin password on Windows 10? Throwing out some old files and I found I've written two down and I'm not sure which is for my current laptop.

Can't seem to get the damn thing to ask me for it either to inout them to check. All I want is an easy way to bring up a prompt for it to enter them in.

I can't guarentee it but I can't think of any other logical explanation for it.

Personally I'd not go for a decade old drive, even if unused I imagine its age will impact the lifespan it'll have once you start storing stuff on it.

does the modmic wireless just use bluetooth? would it cause any interference with my wireless mouse?

No a class is not a type. A class is more like a struct from the technical perspective. A class is just a proto-object that can be instantiated. The members of the object have types. Depending on the language, a class can be a type-of-type though, so for example an Integer could be a subclass of Number where Number defines generic methods that apply to any number and Integer is the specific type of number with associated restrictions and methods added, in that case instantiating an Integer object would give it a type based on the Integer class. However, most objects are more complex than an Integer and are not instantiated from classes which are also types.

I use both. Foam are better for a plane ride, rubber are better for if you'll be taking them in and out a lot or don't want to totally block noise

dragonfly generally runs better. openbsd is security oriented.

How the fuck does RAPID mode boost read speed from 527 to 1747 MB/s on a sata 3 drive? What is this sorcery?

Attached: Capture.png (913x658, 75K)

>If its not broke then don't fix it
Should I update my x470 bios from 2018/05? I have an asus board with bios ver 4011

Using Ubuntu. How can I find the limit of HDD size per sata port I can use? I have an old 2007 machine and want to make it a NAS

Because I wanted a challenge

I've just bought a new hdd for my desktop pc running windows 10, what options do I have with regards to filesystems? I guess windows still only supports NTFS, FAT32 and exFAT and nothing more, right? if that's the case, I have no choice other than going with NTFS, because FAT32 has the retarded 4 GiB max file size limit, and exFAT has no journaling, which would mean a single power outage could fuck up my data

you are correct, ntfs or go home

I've also just found out that windows supports ReFS as well
would it be a good choice for an internal hdd used solely for data storage, such as movies, music, etc.?

Do PC's degrade overtime? I feel my my 2 year old pc gets shittier with each day.

Monitor is fucked isn't it, To be expected I guess it's an old Dell ultrasharp but it's been a great monitor up until this. I don't expect there's anything that could help it though right? Other than just replacing it I mean.

Attached: IMG_20190729_073415.jpg (4032x3024, 3.56M)

Does any company make a stylus that pairs generically with android devices? Everything that Wacom and whatnot make seems to be for iOS. The only options seem to be a capacitive stylus which is hardly better than a finger or buying a samsung note.

Google windows rot.
Try running some disk cleanup utility (there's one built in windows, you can also use CCleaner) and defragging your windows drive.

why are sata 3 SSDs all capped to about 550 MB/s if sata 6Gbit/s should allow 750 MB/s?

Also get an SSD and install/move windows to it, if you're not doing that already

Say I have two methods with the same parameters, and I'm creating an object with arguments those methods can use. How can I specify which of those methods I want to send my arguments to?

ReFS is very slow and buggy.