It's all so tiresome

it's all so tiresome

Attached: 1559742846353.png (78x215, 3K)

Why did you agree to this?

What's the deal with this, anyway? Aren't HDDs supposed to be around 50MB/s? Why are they so commonly only 5MB/s?

>using windows
lol

Zoomer thinks his SSD is too speedy to be allowed

It's the telemetry suite scanning your HD and sending a report about it to microsoft. It does this a couple of times a day

It's the pagefile. Use Resource Monitor for more detail about disk usage

IOPS

Buy an SSD dipshit. There's no reason to use spinning rust in this day and age for anything performance critical.

random performance matters
your HDD is 150MB/s sequential and 1MB/s random
an SSD is 600MB/s sequential and 30MB/s random
an NVMe SSD is 3000MB/s sequential and 80MB/s random
an Optane SSD is 3000MB/s (or higher if PCIe 4) sequential and 400MB/s random

High disk usage percent and low bandwidth usually indicates a dying drive. Install Hard Disk Sentinel and check the drive health.

Attached: 192873.jpg (800x800, 60K)

crystaldiskinfo

switch to a decent OS

Nothing comes close to the statistical analysis and monitoring provided by Hard Disk Sentinel. Stop suggesting garbage.

Attached: D3492283-FEB7-4AAE-92B5-78D8829E3E30.thumb.jpeg.81cdeec4945da421ebb99f3fcc787c80.jpg (430x500, 175K)

I love how every single shitty windows service HAS to access the disk constantly to write a few bytes of log info here and there. This kills the SSD

i used linux on a HDD and it definitely wasn't much better
plus HDDs have a lot of disadvantages; shitty endurance, lots of noise, slow as shit, incredibly fragile

>almost zero data for an actual diagnosis
>immediately implies a conclusive diagnosis

Attached: c71f2b3e-308e-4281-aea5-a7b384c87bb7_1.6b9f94a0fd467a36f1de150e7abf26ea.jpg (450x450, 21K)

at least on linux I can easily set log to go to tmpfs

my data is this: I have been observing disk activity from services using procmon and then I went to look at the files that were constantly written to; needlessly verbose log files about how my system is up to date... also constant access to the registry.

my evidence that this kills the SSD; despite not installing much to it and having my web browser files on another drive my boot SSD has gone from 100% to 96% in 4 months. You'll say 100% to 96% in 4 months isn't much, but BUT I am just booting from the SSD the real data (including the bigger programs) are on the HD. So really the SSD is just used for booting up and apparently logging inane amounts of redundant info about how my PC is up to date.

This shit is common knowledge you dumb prick.

webm related, this is Windows 10 idling right fucking now.

50 MB for no reason whatsoever within a minute. This shit is sitting at the login.

Attached: simplescreenrecorder-2019-07-29_01.38.35.webm (1920x1080, 1.25M)

off yourself triptard

lol Windows fucking shreds ssds for no reason.

I can quite conclusively say that there is literally nothing service wise that I have authorized to be running on that particular installation besides Steam. And those writes aren't from Steam lol.

If you run Windows outside of an emulator you are literally fucking retarded.

faggot.

Attached: 1375834067977.png (1008x955, 368K)

Hyperbola GNU/Linux-Libre OpenRC Edition doesn't have this problem.

>be warned for years about Windows 10 doing this
>install Windows 10
>see this
How could this happen to me?

yep, well to be fair, Windows has ALWAYS loved its disk access...
Also windows setup programs literally kill me with laughter "Preparing install..." "Checking install..." "Validating install..." "Checking available disk space" ...... reinstall stuff that is already installed too why dontcha? "Installing NET Framework"....

How hard can it be to copy files from A to B and set a couple registry entries if needed?

>1MB/s random
Surely its less than that at block size. If not that's incredible imo.

>doesn't even show what's running
what psyop is this?

Cute twink.

tfw I cannibalized my old laptop when moving to my first desktop and just used the HDD thinking I wouldn't have to buy a new one
tfw in every area except gaming / production my PC is slow as shit
tfw only on Windows 10