Should I dump my NVMe ssd for an octane? I've been noticing that although NVMe was better than SATA...

Should I dump my NVMe ssd for an octane? I've been noticing that although NVMe was better than SATA, i'm still feeling thirsty for improved performance.

Attached: plzbuyme.jpg (1280x960, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ggIjr5Z0N10?t=394
youtube.com/watch?v=-MfZ8vBKQtg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Optane user here.
Do you want a faster pagefile (for workloads such as scientific workloads, 3d workloads and Cities Skylines modded workloads), do you need wayyy faster 4K performance (with an appropiate CPU It can reach like 400MB/S 4kq1t1) or do you need retarded endurance? If so, go for Optane. If not, don't.

Just use one as a swap drive.

Are you serious? Do you really notice the difference?

Hell yeah City skylines is one hell of a game.

if u have $1.2k to spend yes, difference is insane NVMelets cant compete w Intels latency in rand 4k

Attached: CyWTWJk.png (776x495, 146K)

>City skylines is a shittly poorly otimized hell of a game.

Fix'd for you.

It only gets bad with shitty unoptimized mods.

pcie 4 nvme have like 600k iops though

link to this? afaik its only bandwidth that gets better

this is 4K(random) not seq

>t. fag who had a game leak 70GB of memory and had to shitpost on Jow Forums to damage control over it
So, you "working" for Intel Corporation now? Or was it all part of your "master" plan right when you made the other threads a couple of weeks ago? LMAO, Optane was never alive, it was born dead.

For latency and/or random access, Optane is king, and on par with battery-backed RAM drives. If it's bandwidth you're looking for, sequential bandwidth that is, there are better alternatives. My 900P and P4800x are bottlenecked by lack of prefetching and reduced transfer size. They can only read 128KB per IO operation, whereas my Samsung Evo 960 can read 4MB per IO operation and also prefetches like crazy.

But for latency, there is no comparison. I achieve around 6.9 microseconds per 4 KB (random) read, while the Samsung Evo 960 is three times that.

i'm the guy who talked about getting a 900p for cities skylines. i didnt. its not necessary for me.
you didnt even mention the right guy btw lul

youtu.be/ggIjr5Z0N10?t=394
For some applications, Optane is definitely worth it. For games however, it mostly is not.

>linus tech tips

Attached: romanjew.jpg (913x1159, 115K)

id wait and see what samsung can do with pci 4

Feel free to post a more reliable source that states the opposite.

RAID nvme?
Pcie4.0 nvme?
Optanes only use is modded cities skylines

iJustine

youtube.com/watch?v=-MfZ8vBKQtg

games are ok even on 5400 hdd

are you autistic or
random performance and latency degrades with RAID

Literally refers to LinusTechTips for benchmarks.

>saying RAID does anything without context to configuration type

not him but you're retarded

I run a cryptocurrency bot streaming data from a dozen exchanges. It steadily writes data makong charts and reads data running the algorithm for a buy so tons of very small reads and writes. When volume would get high, the 960 evo nvme drive I was using would like the computer up on IO wait for up to 30 seconds at a time and this on an 8700k. Bought an Optane 900p and problem solved. No more lock ups ever. Typical system responsiveness is slightly improved but anything involving tons of small reads and writes is where this thing shines. Highly recommended. Not a shill.

Attached: Screenshot_20190729-085150_Gallery.jpg (1600x1080, 1.34M)