At mastodon we spend our resources on literally fighting the troll nazi monsters to save the world

at mastodon we spend our resources on literally fighting the troll nazi monsters to save the world
press F to pay respect

Attached: cc2f2a23622210a2.png (1040x726, 542K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gcehb3lfV2s
eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/07/07/trump-approval-rating-hits-new-high/1668458001/
washingtonexaminer.com/news/trumps-average-approval-rating-hits-highest-mark-in-2019s-second-quarter
usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/07/22/trump-approval-rating-new-high-npr-pbs-poll-after-racist-tweets/1796556001/
acpeds.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/7.16.19-Surgeon-General-letter1963-v4.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dont listen to their music then

Based
If it causes nu-nazi butthurt, it must be good

I don't like Nazis at all, but I also don't like people who claim something is open and free, but then shut the door on people. You can be the anti-twitter, or you can be another flavor of twitter. Not both.

>Mastadon shit on Twitter rather than Mastadon
Really speaks volumes about the platform.

>those policies are a bit oppressive, I think I'll make an alternative
>nazi pedophiles: *salivating*
>on a second thought, maybe not go all the way into total anarchy, just remove the oppression

Hey, use whatever excuses you want. That's what the rest of big tech does, too. But Obama was right when he said that the solution to hate speech is more speech, not censorship.

What's a TERF?

Trans-Exclusionary Reactionary Feminist. The feminists that don't believe mtf trans are actual women.

Feminists who don't think men who cut off their penis and claim their a women should actually count as women. J.K. Rowling is a notable one.

i dunno if i like them, they seem to hate anything with penis

were there actually any nazis or is this the typical american label for anything a leftist wouldn't like?

They'll still hate you even if you cut off your penis. There is no pleasing Terfs.

>i dunno if i like them
I certainly don't. That said, if they want to go and fight the regular feminists, they are more than welcome to. At this point, it's kind of like Russia in WW2. Not exactly allies with the US, British, or French, but nobody is objecting to their involvement in taking on the Germans.

>maybe this time informing them will work!
Sure worked against the rise of flat earthers, anti-vacsers, climate denialists and creationists, right?

I would say its much better than censoring people, since to vilify them would be to justify them and their beliefs.

And how is censoring them working out? Any better? Oh, no, they are just being driven under ground, where they get to spread their propaganda in a place where they won't be challenged.

Yes, it actually is objectively better.
Locking them in their schizo circles prevents recruitment of vulnerable individuals and prevents normalization of their bullshit.
It may make it less likely that they ever learn the truth, but it contains the disease much better than trying to fix their propaganda.

The propaganda of the loons, the religious, the far right works because it offers easy answers to hard questions.
Trying to outdo it with facts takes way longer than it took the loon to recite his bullshit. By the time you dispel one myth, the loon is convincing the audience of another 5.

>Locking them in their schizo circles prevents recruitment of vulnerable individuals and prevents normalization of their bullshit.
Except that it's not dying out. It's still spreading.

>It may make it less likely that they ever learn the truth, but it contains the disease much better than trying to fix their propaganda.
Ironic that you talk about "containing the disease" in reference to subjects that include the anti-vax movement.

>The propaganda of the loons, the religious, the far right works because it offers easy answers to hard questions.
So does banning someone from twitter for saying, "But men aren't women, though." It's forcing an answer down everyone's throat, and excising you from the community if you question that.

>Trying to outdo it with facts takes way longer than it took the loon to recite his bullshit. By the time you dispel one myth, the loon is convincing the audience of another 5.
And by victimizing them, you make them a martyr. Which means when someone else gets banned for saying something that by no means settled, that person begins to question other things too. Also, this final sentence is admitting that you are taking the easy way out, which is ironic, considering your "easy answers to hard questions," bullshit. Very hypocritical.

Attached: 1564232188074.png (368x475, 209K)

Rowling is not confirmed to be a TERF. She hasn't dispelled such allegations, so it could very well be that she is one, but it could also be that she just wants to avoid engaging the topic. Whichever view she expresses support for, she'd get a lot of shit from the other party, and she already has to deal with enough of that for her other stances.

>Except that it's not dying out. It's still spreading.
No, it's dying out. Loons have to stay in echo chambers, less vulnerable individuals get exposed to bullshit, public education does its job at making people less retarded.

>So does banning someone from twitter for saying, "But men aren't women, though."
That's the exact opposite.
Someone getting banned for screeching instead of trying understand what he's talking about is a slap on the wrist that teaches a mental child not to act infantile in the future.

>And by victimizing them, you make them a martyr.
Boo fucking hoo, they make themselves martyrs without it. Look at all the christtards who think that there's a war on christtardation because schools "banned prayer" - even though they didn't ban it.

>Also, this final sentence is admitting that you are taking the easy way out, which is ironic, considering your "easy answers to hard questions," bullshit. Very hypocritical.
Nah, you're just dense and make strawmen out of everything because you can't face the real deal.
Actually solving the problem is not the same as giving a misleading answer and pretending the problem is now solved. You are retarded and should feel retarded for mistaking those two.

the latter

>No, it's dying out.
Is it? Anti-vax is still a thing. Trump's approval rating is about the highest its ever been. Borris Johnson just got made PM in Britain. Nigel Farrage's new party swept the EU parliament elections. The yellow jacket protests are still going on in France. In what way is this dying down?

>Someone getting banned for screeching instead of trying understand what he's talking about is a slap on the wrist that teaches a mental child not to act infantile in the future.
A TERF said that a man wasn't a woman in response to a trans claiming they were a victim of misogyny. Those were two people, each stating their beliefs. There was no screeching or walls of texts or harrassment. It was twitter banning someone over their beliefs, while favoring the other person's beliefs.

>Boo fucking hoo, they make themselves martyrs without it.
Dismissing the problem doesn't make it not a problem.

I made no straw man. In one sentence, you ragged on people that neither of us like for "easy answers to hard questions." In the very next sentence, you went on about how difficult it is to refute incorrect beliefs, so you are in favor of banning them.

You are just as authoritarian as the people you are in favor of banning. It's you who are the hypocrite.

>Is it? Anti-vax is still a thing.
The containment barely started. All the whining about bans on social media is a recent thing.
>Trump's approval rating is about the highest its ever been.
Stop reading Jow Forumstard propaganda and cherrypicking results. It's stable for months.

>Those were two people, each stating their beliefs. There was no screeching or walls of texts or harrassment.
Link or it didn't happen.
It always starts as
>we dindu nothin
and then it becomes obvious that they, in fact, dido thin.

>In one sentence, you ragged on people that neither of us like for "easy answers to hard questions." In the very next sentence, you went on about how difficult it is to refute incorrect beliefs, so you are in favor of banning them.
That's the retarded strawman you made and should be ashamed of, since it exposes your retardation.
Actually solving problems is not the same as denial and avoiding the facts.
Preventing the spread of falsehoods and propaganda is how you solve the spread of falsehoods and propaganda. The only "alternative" is massive investment in debunking all the bullshit, which is specifically made to be much more tedious and difficult to dispel than to spew.

>It's you who are the hypocrite.
No, you're just fucking dense and keep trying to jump to conclusions that favor you.
An anti-science, anti-engineering, anti-programming mindset. You could use some basic mental "unit tests" like
>does the sentence I wanted to interpret as stupid have other meaning that isn't stupid?
Instead of doing that, you just pretend everyone who disagrees with you is stupid, which only makes you a fucking retard who never lears.

>All the whining about bans on social media is a recent thing.
I've been hearing about stuff like it since Trump was running for office. Shadow banning, too.

>Link or it didn't happen.
Her account was deleted, so all I can give you is 3rd party stuff. youtube.com/watch?v=gcehb3lfV2s

>Stop reading Jow Forumstard propaganda and cherrypicking results. It's stable for months.
eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/07/07/trump-approval-rating-hits-new-high/1668458001/
washingtonexaminer.com/news/trumps-average-approval-rating-hits-highest-mark-in-2019s-second-quarter

usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/07/22/trump-approval-rating-new-high-npr-pbs-poll-after-racist-tweets/1796556001/

>That's the retarded strawman you made and should be ashamed of, since it exposes your retardation.
These are literally things you said. That's not a strawman. Not reading any of the rest of your post, though I will point out that you ignored Borris, Farrage, and the Yellow Jacket protests.

You, or anyone else, are not the arbiters of truth. A supposedly free and democratic society can't thrive or even survive without free speech. By oppressing the people you disagree with you will ultimately ensure that they will win.

If you were confident that you were right then you would would welcome open debate, but you're not. You're just another bootlicker to the system.

implying a rise of few anti-vacares or flat earthers is a bad thing. It's the opposite, this "rise" made them into complete jokes, those all normal people would be ashamed to be considered one.

Mmph too bad all of accepted psychology states that transitioning is the best course of action for people with gender dysphoria. Gotta love how you hate reality so much.

"a Nazi is a person who is defined by traits I don't like and I'm totally not one. The left are the real Nazis, but have I told you about the jews?"

Pretty elegant

Attached: 1560722228005.jpg (700x700, 99K)

The warnings are coming from both sides of the pond. Earlier this month, the Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) cautioned that there is a lack of “robust evidence” about the long-term effects of puberty-blockers and hormonal drugs.

In a 12-page position paper, the RCGP complained that family doctors were under pressure to provide gender dysphoria services that “lie outside the remit” of their generalist expertise. The paper advises that more research is needed on the pros and cons of medical treatment vs. a less dramatic “wait and see” approach.
acpeds.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/7.16.19-Surgeon-General-letter1963-v4.pdf

This is backwards, user. Allowing antidemocratic rhetoric to thrive will eventually erode democracy. Not to mention the impossibility of having complete free speech; e.g. a black person isn't going to speak their mind like they otherwise would in an environment heavily influenced by the KKK.

Haven't there been a few outbreaks of measles in places like the US and Italy due to lowered vaccination coverage? That's not much of a joke. I'll grant you the joke status of flat earthers, but they're not really putting anyone at risk.

a normal woman

>normal women hate men and want to kill them for gaze-raping innocent beautiful fat women

>all of medical corporations states that transitioning is the best course of action for people with gender dysphoria

fixed

>it's a conspiracy!

yep sounds about right

>everyone who doesn't agree with me is literally Hitler

hey remember the "pizzagate" one? I wonder if any of that was actually true

>tell retards that mastodon/pixiv twitter clone was a honeypot

well well, trannies can't even hide themselves

Wait, I thought everyone loved nazis. That is why they are so popular in pop culture isn't it? Like Darth Vadar/Darth Maul of real history and all that.

>someone typing their opinions is "oppression"

This really is the worst board on this site now.

Attached: ff.gif (277x261, 2.29M)

>design an open source and decentralized system of communication
>get upset when people you don't like use it and there is nothing you can physically do to shut them down
Mastodon's design and it's design goals were clearly 180 degrees out of phase with each other. If your goal is to be a gate keeper you don't design a decentralized system. Mastodon devs confirmed for brainless communist shills.

Attached: fc9099ffa942a911.png (656x608, 409K)

what if everyone i like is hitler like he's my tulpa

If your ideas cannot convince others in an open market of ideas, maybe they're just not that good in the first place.

It seems the only people crying for limiting free speech are those who are 100% convinced of the infallibility of their opinions while at the same time being angry that there are so many others out there who dare to disagree with them.

>people get convinced by flat earthers so round earth is bullshit
Amazing logic

Except flat earthers are allowed to purvey their opinions and they've convinced basically no one, how did you think this example disproves what that user said you fucking retard?

Go figure a redditor goes straight to one of a few strawmans. Either antivax, flat earther or some variation of racist/nazi.

Why are trannies always so autistic?

>they've convinced basically no one
Ahahaha
>Either antivax, flat earther or some variation of racist/nazi.
Those are strawmen to you? Are you pretending that Trump didn't win and isn't wrecking the climate science right now?

>hurr a small minority of flat earthers known about because of the ridicule they garner proves that point wrong lol
>trump, climate science

This is a disaster. Just stop posting, absolutely fucking embarrassing.

Attached: ff.jpg (751x1063, 127K)

>I don't have replies to that, better pretend I won

You can't hide Moshe.

Attached: 1513082025867385735.jpg (239x380, 22K)