Amber streetlights were underrated. We need to go back. Same goes for Thinklights

Amber streetlights were underrated. We need to go back. Same goes for Thinklights

Attached: images (1).jpg (725x423, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

susproc.jrc.ec.europa.eu/Street_lighting_and_Traffic_signs/docs/PR_Final_25-08-2017_Sci4_Pol.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Amber colored streetlights are everywhere. What universe do you live in?

EU banned them about 100 years ago

I just want higher-CRI street lights.

Lighting costs almost nothing in electricity, might as well spend the extra couple watts to get past the resin.

Attached: high CRI low CRI.png (1000x532, 862K)

Victoria, Australia

A lot of places are using white streetlights now.
They're just not as good. Sure, in residential areas it's probably better to go with white because they're not as strong, but on most major roads amber is much better.

bring back amber monochrome CRT's too

Literally just got white LED street lights few years ago. And that just becuase they are cheaper in exploatation than sodium or whatever the fuck the yellow lights were.
EU ban my ass.

susproc.jrc.ec.europa.eu/Street_lighting_and_Traffic_signs/docs/PR_Final_25-08-2017_Sci4_Pol.pdf

My city just announced they'll be replacing all our amber sodium street lights with LED. I'm going to miss the warm golden glow.

Is there any good study on effect of street lights on human sleep?
My sleep gets fucked when I go to big city. Also, are crime rates higher without street lights? What are other downsides?

>Same goes for Thinklights
lmfao
My X1 is 500 nits.

Trust me its far brighter than the shitty ThinkLight on my T530.

I live in the EU and we still have amber lighting everywhere.

Sodium vapor lamps are aesthetic as fuck.

Attached: 800wm.jpg (800x532, 35K)

You can have "amber-colored" LEDs if you want. At roughly 20x higher energy efficiency, too.

Doesn't even look like the same colour temperature though.

In Madrid they're everywhere

how about green

Attached: 1564388035700.jpg (725x423, 68K)

>be me, born in commie cunt, 40yo boomer
>shitty yellow light everywhere
>decades pass, progress comes
>beautifull, clear white, energy efficient leds everywhere
>some pups on anonymous mongolian throat singing board bitch about it

Goddamit where's my belt. Ima gona spank some sense into y'all.

Attached: 1558559930931.png (1584x665, 578K)

>he doesn't carry an 18650 flashlight on him at all times making all forms of environmental lighting conditions irrelevant

Attached: flashlight.jpg (960x673, 184K)

>Amber lights everywhere
>Want to look at stars
>Get a single band filter for the amber produced from sodium lights
>Beautiful night sky everywhere
Fuck your white light.

>Razr branded street lamps

Best 50 dollars I ever spent

I fucking love bright white lights, especially LEDs.
Terrible aesthetic. They keep you awake at night too.

>I fucking love bright white lights
loathe*

hurrrrrrr durrrrrrr

Attached: 1538542861071.jpg (540x540, 44K)

What did you get?

I'm an Emisarchad myself

Olight R20 about two weeks before they released the 900 lumen version that can stand on its button end
I felt dumb but it's still a great light

What filter?

Sodium emits light on a single spectra band. They used to sell filters for astronomers to filter it out removing the light pollution from cities. But the move to high pressure sodium bulbs ruined that. And then the move to LED ruined it further.

Except that's wrong?
Studies have shown that people can see objects much better when exposed under the same amount of white light vs amber light. Human eyes aren't very responsive or good at resolving objects in the amber spectrum.
Your town may not be putting up bright enough LEDs.

It's very common for people not accustomed to streetlights to have sleep issues for a while.
You'd have to study cities of similar size and such to try to control factors and single out only streetlights.
They do help reduce accidents quite well though.

I live in London and they changed all our local sodium lamps to white LEDs a couple of years ago. They are a lot brighter, I'm just glad I don't have one right outside my window. They make things look a lot more clinical, and the warm cosy atmosphere at night is gone now.

Thank you. They must have moved to high pressure sodium bulbs a long time ago, because I never heard of said lenses, and I played with nigh photography even back in analog film times.

That reminded me of two things:
LED lamps are much better when it comes to light polution, because unlike old lapms, the light goes straight down.

I have a neat collection of night winter pics that are in shades of green, done back when old lamps ware used.

>t.boomer

And lets be honest - you want to take star pics, go /out/

>138 page report on "we need to change the color of the streetlights"
lmao EU is so gay and fucked

You can still do this if you use a chromagraph on the street lights of your area, then order a filter accordingly.

Alternatively, just do telescopy that is outside visual range. You get better results doing infrared anyway.

>lol who the fuck considers the consequences of their decisions

>They do help reduce accidents quite well though.
What kinds of accidents? Because streetlight glare fucks with my eyes something fierce, and if it's raining, then for like 30 feet through every light I'm flat out blind to the road as the powerful light turns my water covered windshield into a lighthouse beacon straight into my retina.
I assume it lowers accidents between cars and pedestrians on very low speed residential streets and commerce areas. Streetlights on highways and interstates are just fucking irritating.