When did you realize that you will never use water-cooling

When did you realize that you will never use water-cooling

Attached: 172710.webm (960x544, 2.7M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=23vjWtUpItk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How do you fuck up that bad? Its only about 2 bar max.. wont even have to seal the joints

Idk what you're talking about, I have a liquid cooler and no air cooling has ever done anywhere near the job my liquid cooler has. So stop shilling.

Enjoy your noise

Bad fittings or him being an idiot with said fittings
IF you don't know what you're doing, DON'T do watercooling, seek help from someone who've done it multiple times
Air cooling is also a pretty good choice nowadays

But if you want the most out of your gear, and has gotten gear made for overclocking, water is the only way, and it's the best at it too (for consumers ofc)

Time to pay a 400$ premium for marginal gains. Very cool!

Thanks, but I don't use a gaming liquid-cooled PC for home media. When the fans kick in, it's not quiet, and I really don't care.

JUST

I just use an AIO. Hassle free and works better than any fan. That shit in the video - like you said I wouldn't even try it as I don't know the pressure requirements. AIO liquid cooling has worked for the last 5 years at least.

When I realized I use my PC for programming instead of falling for dumb overpriced memes that only boost up to 4 fps on my "pc gaeums!!1"
My desk fan is louder than my stock cooler at full load. Noise is barely an issue unless you have a shitty laptop from 10 years ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=23vjWtUpItk

I don't want to be bothered with broken pumps. Leaks are rare, but can still happen. Rather use my NH-D15 and not worry about anything

Imagine letting sopa de macaco eaters build a PC

>using a fucking PC so goddamn overpoewred and generating so much fucking heat you have to pump fucking water through it like a goddamn moron
People need to realize low powered PCs are the only good PCs. No one needs to run superultraHDGRAFIX shit games.

I see no need for one.
I bought what amounts to an aluminum chunk with a fan strapped to it for literally $5 on Amazon, and it cools my 1600x just fine.

Interesting watch, thanks.

400$? No, more like 1k or more
And that is why aircooling is such a good choice now, also very reliable

Watercooling is fun and requires alot of tinkering which can be very rewarding
And i wanna add that the tinkering is a big part of what makes computers fun to work with
Getting to know your computer in and out, both on a hardware level but also on the software level is actually fun (atleast for me)

AIO is a thing inbetween + it's alot cheaper than getting a custom waterloop
It's a bit of an aesthetic meme, and doesn't really get close to a custom loop
But it does look nice in some cases, and some are better than the aircooling solutions

hundreds of dollars for a ""good"" system
more failure points
less redundancy
more maintenance
>better
>muh 2-5% performance increase at best from a high end air cooler or baseline aio
biggest scam in the pc market to date
gustom loobs are a meme

Attached: 1440048739195s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

What are you doing? 30 p.s.i. LOL, don't make it airtight. Let it vent.

Thanks even Linus agrees!

because linustechtips raccomended it

It's not a very good video, don't get me wrong I do believe the Noctua air coolers in general work just as good as AIO coolers but seeing other reviewers the conclusion is not the same as that of Linus.

Second, the physical design difference between AIO and air coolers will lead to better heat dissipation in theory, so why is the Noctua able to keep up? Simple answer is the fans of the Noctua air coolers using the best fans in the industry. So if you are looking for the best performance without looking at price, a 360mm AIO and replacing the fans with Noctua fans is the best performance you are going to get without getting into custom loops.

« OHNOCOOLINGSYSTEMFAILURE »
« RAZENCORESNUMBER 1, 2, 3 AND 4 AREMELTING »

WARNINGWARNING WARNING HEATREACHING CRITICAL LEVEL
WARNING WARNING WARNING CORES AREMELTING
WARNING WARNING WARNING CONTAINMENT BREACH
HAZARDOUSMATERIAL BROKECONTAINMENT
ACTIVATE EMERGENCYEVACUATION PLAN
RADIATION LEVEL MODERATE
RADIATION LEVEL HIGH
RADIATIONLEVELCRITICAL
RADIATION LEVEL *BRTZZZLTRT!!!*
WARNING WARNING WARNING RADIATION SENSORMALFUNCTION
HAZARDOUS MATERIAL BROKE CONTAINMENT
ACTIVATE EMERGENCY EVACUATION PLAN

COMMITFUKUSHIMA

Also should mention that you can see a clear testing error with the 240mm vs 360 mm Corsair AIO results. It just seems something went wrong with his testing, the 360mm is better on all other testing I have seen. Which makes sense obviously.

I realized I don't want to overclock anyway, every regular cooler does the job, and also after realizing I had to regulary change the water

AIO is fine if you don't want the hassle. My old PC used one for 8 years before I upgraded.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I wonder if he cried.

hold on, are there people who seriously don't submerge their pc in refrigerated oil?

when i discovered noctua.
also,
>having a pc case made to look like a 3d printer
>having it as a centerpiece on your desk
he fucking deserved it.

A year ago, after I started water-cooling. I still use water-cooling, but only because I don't want to spend that extra $30-$50 for air cooler since my system already does what I want.

When I learned that even if I do everything right I still have to drain the entire fucking thing every now and then.
No thanks.

Attached: muh wadduh.webm (1024x576, 497K)

I had a NHD14 for a while, but I've switched to AIO's, I don't like mounting a huge heatsink sideways. It's also easier to move cases.

linus cares more about silence than performance, he is so autistic he put his computer in another room and ran thunderbolt cables through a wall to keep the noise away.
Also, he's using shitty corsair aios and their shitty corsair fans compared to Noctua the top of the line for air coolers & fans.
tl;dr: use a good 280 AIO with good fans, with the radiator intaking (or better, push/pull) from the front of a mesh high flow case and it'll be better than an air cooler.

GET REKT!
DUMB SOI BOI!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHA
WHAT A FAGGOT!!!

When I made a 12 core/2080 m-ATX rig that's still silent on air cooling.

>linus cares more about silence than performance, he is so autistic he put his computer in another room and ran thunderbolt cables through a wall to keep the noise away.
doesn't sound too bad

Wouldn't aio closed loop CPU coolers help the GPU air coolers out? That seems like the main draw, not CPU cooling itself.

When I saw LN2 prices.

No, the graphics card would no longer have as much air moving on the backside of it. Another thing you lose by going with watercooling is your VRM and M.2 SSD temps are usually a lot higher.

blowers are better

>When I realized I use my PC for programming instead of falling for dumb overpriced memes that only boost up to 4 fps on my "pc gaeums!!1"
/thread

When I saw that watercooling still uses fans to cool the water.

When I looked at performance. A custom loop like that costs order of magnitude more than a high end air cooler and comes with an inherent risk to ruin fucking everything. Yeah sounds like a great deal to me.

When I figured out that pumps are loud af.

Attached: .jpg (1280x720, 96K)

I just got a NZXT AIO cooler.
Looks better than an aircooler and easier to install than a custom loop.

When noctura fans and heatsink tech shat on them for over a decade + more compact with the only point of failing being two springs that are easily replaced on the mounting mechanisms

I realized that from the day I heard about water cooling

When I realized that overclocking to the point where I would need water would involve me pushing the CPU beyond safe operating voltage for only another 3-6% performance and a shit load more power needed along with the heat produced. For the GPU I was better off just getting a better card and setting a custom fan profile instead of blowing money on water cooling it.

When i heard of leaks.And a maximum of 4 years of service for the best models.
Then the pump noise problem, the price/perf and the space for a good radiator.
Air costs half and it's probably the most reliable and long lasting component of your entire system,
You only want AIO if you like to push your cpu oc a little bit farther or you have 9900K

Attached: Le Grand Macho RT.png (620x1082, 666K)

>AIO is a thing inbetween + it's alot cheaper than getting a custom waterloop
That's true.
I have an ID cooling Auraflow. Looks pretty, keeps my CPU at 30-40c reliably no matter what I do to it, is very quiet (but not silent). Can't really ask for more than that. Whole thing

this motherfucker is the brazilian linus. i really cant stand his face.

why is this water green

When I looked at the difference in temps between a closed loop and a high end air cooler and saw that it's really not that large. Getting an extra couple hundred MHz is not worth the extra cost, hassle and reliability issues.

Holy dubs reinforcing a holy dubs checked

Attached: 237px-ArnoBrekerDiePartei.jpg (236x160, 11K)

i changed water every spring. cleaned out fans every few months. never leaked or any problems for 4 years until i upgraded my cpu and my old cpu block wasnt compatible.

algae infested water

Its a gamer thing you wouldnt understand

Leaks are rare, but they still happen. I don't want water getting anywhere in my tower.

when I placed a spare fan on top of the CPU and the temperature dropped like 20º

it's GAMING water

>not gamer grill water
fucking poorfags

That's why I only use "soft tubing" and "push in" fittings, they are cheaper and more reliable...
Tubing costs less than $0.50 a yard
Fittings, from $0.75-$1.25 depending on what kind of fitting you will use(angle, extension, T, valve)

Well, you can bet that niggers build that shitty PC.

My AIO had hard rugged tubes, I changed those for soft tubes, some push in fittings, changed the liquid with car coolant...
Working better than before.

He's getting paid for saying shit... My AIO cooled PC runs cooler and quieter than what I had before...

When my corsair AIO leaked on my GPU. Bought a noctua air cooler instead and it was both cooler and quieter for less money.

Watercooling is a hobby within a hobby.
Don't go into it looking for value for money

Attached: 20190608_185902.jpg (2880x2160, 1.81M)

This dude is the biggest journalist in PC hardware here in Brazil. He is terrible tho, says a lot of shit and double down on it. Now I wonder if this clip is real or he just baited people.

CPUs and air cooling have come so far that there's very little reason for liquid cooling these days.
Most people won't even need liquid cooling for their general use scenarios.

They have said it's not a good idea most of the time tho.

>I don't like mounting a huge heatsink sideways.

No one has EVER broken a mobo with a Noctua heatsink.

AIO kit failed within three years. Never had a cpu fan fail in fifteen years of using them, including one rig that lasted for 9 years with no hardware changes or even cleaning.

tl;dr this. I don't want to spend $500 for unnoticeable performance gains. I've got a beefy CPU air cooler and a healthy overclock at stock voltage so the fans hardly ever go above idle

Attached: watercoolers.jpg (629x441, 94K)

thats a real chicken and the egg you got there son...
...at some point you have to do it for the first time and font have >help from someone who've done it multiple times

>...at some point you have to do it for the first time
what? no.
that's like saying if you want a table, you might as well build one yourself because at some point there won't be anyone to build a table for you.

I haven't touched this loop since the day I filled it, back when the 660 was recent. Making an air build look as clean as an open loop is really tough.

It it absolutely a hobby within a hobby though, like said.

Attached: triguts.jpg (3000x1000, 784K)

thats almost exactly what im saying yes...

but then you know it's wrong, so why did you say it?

unironically this was the same for me.
once i saw the Radiator I was like "oh this is the part that makes it all a stupid idea"

>built a custom loop 9-10 years ago for like $200
>temps under load back then were 20-30C cooler than the best air solution
>it cooled every CPU I had since then with better results than air
>no leaks ever
>only "maintenance" is topping up the water lost to evaporation like once a year, takes 2 minutes max
>changed the pump after 8+ years of flawless service
Getting this was an excellent decision. I haven't had to worry about CPU cooling for a decade and it's still way more than enough and better than any commercial out of the box solution even today. Only bad part is that if I want to upgrade to Ryzen 3000 I'll have to get a new waterblock, since AM4 wasn't a thing a decade ago.

This desu. I have not made any attempt to build my own though. Usually just go for CLC.
I've never heard a water cooled computer go any louder than a fan cooled computer. Hell, my current setup has three CLCs and I have yet to hear it go louder than my old build. Comparing them side by side, my old build seems louder by comparison by far.

just my opinion man...same as yours...we say it because we feel like sharing it with others...

watercooling was never about replacing fans, though.

it's about dramatically increasing either
A) the total available heat exchange potential in the form of larger / more radiators and/or fans
and/or B) the aesthetic value of similar heat exchange potential.

>copper pipes
>nickel (?) heatsink
Won't this cause electrolysis?
Anyway I've got pic related with two 140mm Noctua fans and my CPU is OC'd only slightly above stock voltage. Even if both fans failed at the same time, I'm pretty sure my CPU temps would still be fine for any workload aside from prime95 -- Altogether, this cost me the same amount as the cheapest 120mm aio cooler for AM4 and can handle more power than most custom loops

Attached: 05-12.jpg (700x700, 132K)

When I calculated how much it would cost

>ekwb
Mein neger. I just recently made a water loop for my radeon VII. Haven't bothered with my cpu yet.

>that's like saying if you want a table, you might as well build one yourself because at some point there won't be anyone to build a table for you.
Stupid analogy. He just said he will have to learn at one point how to put together the stupid LCS not building everything from scratch like say a table.

there you go...this guy gets it...i prefer to understand how my stuff works...just in case something like in OP happens...

Water cooling is fun. I just cleaned my (small) loop the other day.

Attached: close-up.jpg (3984x2656, 2.97M)

I wanted to use this case. Is it any good?

When I got a big fucking Noctua heat sink and realized it was both silent and better at cooling in almost every scenario

apparently the only people who sell the length of thunderbolt 2 cable he needs have a design fault and no longer sell them. And one of the 2 he was using is broken, so while a good idea in theory, there's no support for it.

Real nice for swapping out parts but if I could go back in time I would pick out something smaller/not open. I still like the case but it's a bit too gawdy for my tastes.

Did you see the Linus tech tips were they photo shopped some cartoon ass explosion on an unplugged monitor and claimed apple refused to fix it?

Attached: Capture+_2019-07-20-12-15-47-1.png (1468x1440, 1.66M)

Is that copper piping and aluminum blocks?

Wait so you retards who didn't realise the obvious reenactment actual exist? I thought it was just a joke, that no one could be that stupid.

Copper tubing with copper blocks. The water doesn't come into contact with aluminium.

You have to use a PWM pump and mount it using sound damping material like rubber. It's not exactly loud, it just vibrates a lot. With some soft material in between the pump and your case, the vibration doesn't turn into sound.

Yeah, lol. Cartoon explosions, lol.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 7.39.04 PM.png (2586x1798, 1.59M)