>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions:
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 3200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. The stronger 3400G sells for $150. (R3K APUs OCs better than R2K)
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in code) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
>B-die is EOL, stock is limited

GPUs based on current pricing
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>(GTX 1660TI @ ~$230/Vega56 @ ~$270) - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 75-100FPS+
>RX 5700XT - higher fps
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing scales better into 4K than Navi does.
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi AIB models come mid-August. 5700 non-XT blower is alright, due to low power.

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (free/g/sync) is important for gaming
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>Don't use Speccy
>Don't trust sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores
>AM4 VRMs + Monitors + SSD Guide under "more"

more: rentry.co/pcbg-more
prev

Attached: 1564330084138.png (1024x576, 282K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=1mojPNWcOuuhxvdBkYJlkLbsDXwGLImGp
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/ciajef/placeholder_update_on_whea_warnings_destiny_2_and/evayush?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/CsHd3b
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't forget to reapply your Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut once per year.

Shill me a MB to go with a 3600 + a Noctua NH-U12s cooler

Rate my new AMD build

Attached: what_the_fuck.png (491x516, 77K)

NEW BETA CHIPSET DRIVER
FIXES DESTINY 2, UPDATES POWER PLANS, FIXES SOME OTHER RANDOM WEIRDNESS

DIRECT LINK: drive.google.com/open?id=1mojPNWcOuuhxvdBkYJlkLbsDXwGLImGp
R*DDIT POST: reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/ciajef/placeholder_update_on_whea_warnings_destiny_2_and/evayush?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Attached: totally_normal.jpg (810x595, 259K)

UPDATE YOUR CPUZ YOU SMOOTHBRAINED FUCK

It's updated nigger

Attached: the military shanty town of ryzen.jpg (1920x1987, 2.22M)

>just download a miner bios posted on reddit bro
fuck off

>The voltage is ok as long as you don't try to monitor it
AMD chips confirmed to have quantum properties

>intcels are so retarded that they don't know or care what amps are anyway

Stop ban evading.

>people actually play Destiny
cringe

DO YOU TAKE ME FOR A RETARD?
1.86 AUGUST 11 2018
1.89 MAY 24 2019
WHICH WILL WORK FOR ZEN 2 DO YOU THINK YA FUCKING SPAZZO

The 10 degrees thing was annoying as hell until I adjusted my fan curves to "don't give no fucks until 55 degrees"

isn't thermal grizzly the ones doing the liquid metal?
sounds odd that they have such different quality of products under the same brand

Samesies.
Flat until 55c, gentle ramp up to 65c, oh fuck it's getting real at 70c.

>it's cpu-z fault!!!
kys

Attached: 05093321420l.jpg (1920x953, 1003K)

HOLY KEK, imagine me posting this shit, causing them to go into FULL damage control

Attached: kryonaut is good goy, just buy more of it, surely it was user error, try another 20 applications.jpg (2096x5376, 2.34M)

lol okay retard

Thermal grizzly does everything from standard pastes, liquid metal and graphite pads

Nope, he's a WASP you fucking nigger. Swan isn't a kike name, Herkelman is

Liquid metal isn't some magic "high-quality" product. It's not even priced at a premium compared to regular thermal compound.

The reason not many people use it is purely due to the hassle, the risk, and the corrosion.

>Swan isn't a kike name
and neither is ivanka trump, yet here we are

>they shill it as a "non curing compound" so you sohuld use it on GPUS
>now they come out and say that if you use it between gpus and copper plates the thermal cycling will push out all the thermal paste because its too liquid, so you should replace it often
MFW kryonaut in my tests went up by 3deg after just ONE day of use LOL

>If it doesn't work for AMD it's shit
That cope lmao

Attached: 1563254312227.jpg (317x267, 12K)

what risk does it have over regular paste?

Ryzen is hot goy buy Intel

Attached: 1564355265434.png (1326x700, 64K)

But it does work

I have a 9700k, I thought this was a troll but mine passed without much ado.

>1.4-1.5V
(lol

Apples sure are oranges amirite?

based thermal paste exposer

There is zero info about his wife, nigger. He isn't a kike and trump as in trumpf is de facto a kike name.

did zen+ have such issues at launch?
real question

+ no because it was just a refresh, first gen had all kinds of problems.

Is using ryzen 3000 on B450 old gen motherboards a good idea?

I heard a there's been a tonne of issues. Or is this just people who dont know how to flash properly

Decent custom RX 5700 cards will be over 400€, right?

oh yes of course, you compling what other people said made them make a video, it's obviously not because the people you took a screenshot of and complained about the temperatures

so i guess we'll have to deal with this until 4000series where they'll sort their shit out
any reason to go 3600 over 2600 for a first build?

> 1440p Gaming; RTX 2070; 16GB
upgrading from i5-6600K to i7-9700K worth it?
what to expect? less shutter? +X FPS average?

Attached: intel91.jpg (300x400, 44K)

New architecture teething issues are normal. Intel had them when they used to make new architectures, too.
They also sold people on new features like TSX in Haswell which had to be removed due to a bug. At least AMD has gotten all the features advertised.

Almost surely, yes.

The issues are immature BIOS. Should get sorted. Wait if you can.

Attached: no intel issues ever.jpg (1649x905, 264K)

>Is using ryzen 3000 a good idea?
No.

>The issues are immature BIOS. Should get sorted. Wait if you can.
well that sucks I wanted to get MSI B450I or Asus B450-I and a 3600 this week

My case filters work great, but is it safe to use a paint brush to remove the slight buildup inside?

Little droplets can spill out on your motherboard and can be hard to spot, and it's literally a liquid metal so it's completely conducting.

I use an old toothbrush, perfect for getting dust out of pc bits.

People have been saying "wait for bios fix" for a month now
Anyone with 3 digit IQ knows it would be fixed by now if it was actually that.
Buy intel if you want simple plug and play and don't want to spend days tweaking and testing settings

Your 9700K is stable at 1.207v 5.2ghz??

Are 9700Ks just god chips?

Yeah updating a bios is so simple even YOU could do it.
So why don't you?

alright
thanks

>Ryzen 3600x - HIGH idle voltage and temps? (intel mucking us up again?) [Solved] (Solution Pending)

There's so much to impact here.

I feel like I've just read
>For sale, baby shoes, never worn.

Is anyone else having a ton of issues trying to run a Zen2 processor on a b450? It's like playing a game of roulette every time I restart my computer.

Posting again cause I only got one reply before new thread was made.

Planning to build my first actual PC, currently on vacation but I got a list of general things I want, although I'm hoping there are some price drops within the next month by the time I get back.
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/CsHd3b
Debating between the 3600x or nonx cause I heard the stock cooler for non is kinda shit, but then I tossed in the AIO so that might be fine.
Next is the choice between the regular or XT version of the 5700, just depends on which looks model looks cooler and affordable when I get back. Will probably shell out the extra canuck shekels to keep me covered for the next 5 years.
For the motherboard I just picked the cheapest available 3600 supporting one, don't really care for RGB but it's there I guess.
I think the PSU should be fine, but I'm not that sure yet, don't want it to catch fire cause I'm being a cheap fuck.
The case is the one place I can scrape some costs, don't need anything over the top, just something to hold the guts in place with some airflow, maybe showing off some RGB.
The final kicker is the monitor, I know I shouldn't cheap out on it, but a good monitor that can push a 5700xt is almost the same cost as the card.

Please help me, I can't stand tending to my farm in my friend circle's Minecraft server while hearing them play fun games through discord.

Attached: 2d66363cbb5746df9305d552b61249b7.jpg (1267x1334, 72K)

>AM4 will be supported until 2020
If you actually believed this, you were an idiot.
It "works" but so shitty that you basically gotta buy new mobos anyway.

>2.064 V

Attached: 1555149883296.jpg (1024x1024, 136K)

I was an idiot. :(

Yes of course, they should release a new socket every year just like good guy intel :) Or better yet, the same socket but with arbitrary locks on what CPUs they support because daddy intel knows best :)))

They had a year to get it working retard

What cpu and mobo do you have? I want to avoid this

lol no

He's concern trolling

How do you choose a case? Am I missing something? Apart from the size they all look the same.

MSI b450 tomahawk running bios v19 (tried v17,v18,and latest beta bios)
Ryzen 3700x

However, I don't think it is a CPU / mobo combo issue. I think it is more incompatibility with zen2.

Oh yeah? Are his posts problematic? Is he in the wrong headspace? Didn't know you amdtards were so progressive with your language

amount of mesh and fan and sound dampening and hard drive/ssd slots

My 3700X idles at 1.48V continuously. Regardless of power plan. Yet when I run Prime95, it pegs all core at 1.2V. Annoying, and not overly concerning for now, at least power save plan brings it to 0.98V but stays at 2.2ghz.
Asus X570 Hero

Attached: r6 fans.jpg (474x341, 25K)

I've never understood these graphs not in order of highest score to lowest. Why are they all jumbled up?

Attached: 1507915956628.jpg (1024x762, 61K)

No, it's your mobo.

>2070 @ 1440p
Get the 3600 instead, obviously. Same/better performance for cheaper.

By "stable" he means it boots enough to get into CPU-z.
Lots of people can't even get better than 4.8GHz at 1.35v. Which is lower single core performance than Zen2 has stock due to their lower IPC.

It's ranked from bad CPUs (top) to better CPUs (bottom).

temps?

Try the new powerplans in the beta chipset driver?

Is buying the ultra cheap 15$-25$ 120gb/250gb SSDs (eastern euro so that's still a lot, but basically 50% of prices from even half year, some are even good brands like patriot or gigabyte) practical or money saving in any way?
I sort of want to buy SSD for everything now, but isn't that just selling out stocks before the corporations will hit us with something new or better or just new tech for SSDs?

Also I have problem picking PSU:
Most of the ones sold here a considered literal garbage in the west or made by local brands. I know Jow Forums hates him, but I used LLT's list and the ones mentioned there aren't even sold here (probably because price's so high).

I'm using the 1.07.07.07.0725 but I haven't looked in a week. Gaming it hits 4.3ghz (not 4.4)
Temps are fine, 35-50 idle and under gaming load it's 60-63. Prime95 gets it to 73 max. I'm using a DRP4

I guess I'll just have to wait and see for updated BIOS and drivers. AMD said more info on idle voltages will be posted on the 30th

>had to resort to switching between power saving and balanced power plans on the fly depending on what I'm doing
zen 2 was a mistake

Recent Intel convert here to say that my experience with the 9900k and the Z390 platform as a whole has been fantastic thus far. Been with AMD since the original Athlon and my experience with the R9-3900X was such a shit show, it made me switch. Not only that, but the whole "hurr 9900k is a housefire" doesn't even hold true. Stock clocks I'm seeing 61C under prime95 loads and at 1.3v for the 5.0GHz clock, I'm only seeing 83C under prime95 smallFFT load.

Everything is the epitome of just werks™

You get the quality that you pay for, it's like you people expected AMD to suddenly stop cutting corners on everything just because they deliver decent performance now.

well yeah it's a revision of a revision of a revision, of course it works

Fun fact, if you disable hyperthreading you can get even less temperature and voltage (and depending on what you use it for, performance may not change or will even increase 1-2%)

>had to
No, you want to. No harm is being done. It's just your autism showing.

I'd get a 3600 non-x , a decent aftermarket air cooler for it (eg Scythe Mugen, aios are not worth buying) and a decent custom RX 5700 non-x when they come available. Imo with mobos you get much more bang for buck with something like MSI B450 Tomahawk or Gaming pro carbon instead of the meh x470 board.

Pretty sure they sell that as a 9700K buddy.

Not really.
The current 3D TLC NAND drives are good and it's unlikely you'll feel wanting for something better than that. I'd get a 1TB now. $90 for 1TB is a good price.

If your temps are fine then it's surely misreading as AMD has pointed out. When you have two different monitoring softwares running (you may have one running like iCUE or some ASUS shit without realizing it) it can make them read the last highest voltage instead of the lowest power state voltage.

>my experience was such a shit show
It's only been three weeks if you bought it on day one. Who the fuck are you to buy day one and not expect some launch and early adopter issues.

No one buys components like these and returns it within the month. You didn't even post what your issues were, if they exist at all.

>65C 1.48v idle
>no harm is being done
yeah ok

Simple question, I'm just some random poor brazilian guy who happens to win in pure luck my first gaming laptop (actually first laptop in general).

Some of my friends told me to get a cooling pad and fancy gaming mouse for it, so I just wanted to ask which was the best affordable ones (overall, good quality and good price combined), in you anons' opinion.

Asking more for the cooling pad, since it's a must apparently.

I do have iCUE and Asus AI suite, but even disabled, CPUZ kept showing 1.48. But yes, it may be a reading error. I just want it to be clarified soon, so I can live in peace for the next 6 years. The 4770K lasted me well, but there isn't really an Intel product worth buying in 2019 without making too many sacrifices.

65c idle
bullshit.
Show those temps with sub 5% usage on all threads then.

Any will do user, even a desk fan pointed at the laptop's exhaust somewhat works from my experience.

I encode and render, so the extra threads are nice
I suppose. But the end user doesn't really care about the why it's working better. AMD should have pushed back their launch to work out the kinks
>No one buys and returns within a month
I do, as do others within a stone's throw of Microcenter. Standard issues
>Not hitting even close to 4.5GHz on single core
>1.5v idle voltage at 65C under a BQ! Dark Rock Pro 4
>Strangely enough temps would drop 20C and voltage would come down to 1.3v for 100% load on all cores
>Windows WHEA errors, constant BSOD's
>My Samsung B-DIE 2x16GB CL14-3200MHz kit that worked flawlessly on my X370 platform couldn't even post at anything above 2933MHz with super loose CL17 timings. Even when boosting SoC voltage to 1.3v and DRAM voltage to 1.45v

It got to the point where I couldn't even trust the machine to do what I bought the 3900X for. Rendering and encoding. The thing crashed so often, I'd have finished the job quicker in a dual core that was stable. It wasn't on a cheap board either. I had the Asus Pro WS-X570 Ace
>inB4 REEEE Intel shill
I was a day one buyer if the 1700X and while Ryzen 1xxx had it's issues, it was nothing like this.

>pointing a fan at the exhaust
What..?
You want fans under the intake of a laptop, what you're suggesting could actually be harmful.
Either way cooling pads barely work though, i have a pretty strong one and it basically made no difference at all.
Best way to decrease temps on a laptop is turning off Intel Turboboost or whatever the Ryzen equivalent is, followed by regular cleaning of the thing.

So I changed a bunch of settings to Auto under the section where you can change various RAM timings with the same section as the Fabric Clock. Before they were specific numbers which I dont remember. Even if I completely reset the bios they stay Auto, is there any documentation onto what they might've been or?

i don't have these idle temps/voltage problems with my 3600. is this the power of msi, i was told their stuff is shite.

post temp/voltage/clocks

They were probably just loaded when you set the XMP profile.

do you have win10 1903 and the 1.0.0.7 chipset driver from amd?

Nah, just at the side. It seems a bit silly pointing a desk fan underneath. I guess it depends on your workload as I noticed a ~5c temp drop when watching high def videos.

Alright, well I can appreciate you spelling out your issues. You've certainly had far more than me.
My 1.48v idle gets better temps though, at 41-46 (DRP4), but I'm also seeing 4.3 instead of 4.4. My load would also strangely drop voltage for 100% load
It's not enough for me to return it with fixes/info coming soon, but I can see why you needed to return it for your productivity.

Attached: 4 and pro.jpg (1277x619, 106K)

If you have small-medium hands, G305 is the best mouse on the planet at the moment. For large hands the G403, Model O and GPW are all good.

Ok do I wait for custom 5700xts ?
Or do I get an nvidia now? 2060s,2070,2070s?
Aiming for high fps 1440p

>paying for an inferior cooler with shitty fans because they've been painted

O I AM LAFFIN

Buy a 2070s now
AMD's drivers are shit anyways