SO LINUX IS BASICALY SYSTEMD WITH SOME DRIVERS NOW?

SO LINUX IS BASICALY SYSTEMD WITH SOME DRIVERS NOW?

Attached: USE_IT.jpg (1024x578, 114K)

Yes (and that's a good thing)

Yes (and that's a bad thing).

I don't wanna be that guy, but Linux is just a kernel.
GNU/Linux is becoming less about GNU and more about Systemd (and that's a good thing).

Yes (and that's a thing)

Fuck off, Poettering.

No, it's a kernel, as it has always been.

I think by now we need two acronyms, so I propose GNUL [GNU+Linux] and GNULS [GNU+Linux+systemd]. Linux distros are not all the same now, and those that have systemd should be segregated from those that don't. MX would be GNULS though, since systemd is there in its entirety, just not activated by default.

"i use linux as my operating system," i state proudly to the unkempt, bearded man. he swivels around in his desk chair with a devilish gleam in his eyes, ready to mansplain with extreme precision. "actually," he says with a grin, "linux is just the kernel. you use GNU+linux." i don't miss a beat and reply with a smirk, "i use alpine, a distro that doesn't include the GNU coreutils, or any other GNU code. it's linux, but it's not GNU+linux."

the smile quickly drops from the man's face. his body begins convulsing and he foams at the mouth as he drop to the floor with a sickly thud. as he writhes around he screams "I-IT WAS COMPILED WITH GCC! THAT MEANS IT'S STILL GNU!" coolly, i reply "if windows was compiled with gcc, would that make it GNU?" i interrupt his response with "and work is being made on the kernel to make it more compiler-agnostic. even if you were correct, you won't be for long."

with a sickly wheeze, the last of the man's life is ejected from his body. he lies on the floor, cold and limp. i've womansplained him to death.

No, its still the fucking spaghetti stronghold that it always has been but now people can actually install a distro under 10mins.

Not all of it though
;^)

Attached: 48B02896-A0B8-4FEE-AEAA-477E2F7EDB04.png (370x492, 80K)

>Let's replace the core utils with BusyBox and the kernel with kFreeBSD
>What can possibly go wrong?

Yes, that is indeed a thing you can do.
The default is GNU coreutils, Linux, and sysvinit+openrc

Maybe(and this is a statement)

saved

Yea its great for the alphabets and if you don't want to know whats in your os because 2 million lines of unaudited code making linux useless

why is systemd even a thing? fuck that harry potter guy

Systemd/linux

Is OP trying to tell us that Linux is an abortion now?

Install Slackware.

This. Best daily driver.

I'm adding this to my wallpaper

because I can maintain every distro with the same commands
idfc where they put their configs, logs, or whatever
hostname? time? network? use whatever the fuck you want in the background. it's just one command on each system.
switching from graphical to multi-user target? easy peasy
containerization/slices? just werks

of course, if you want to run linux just to run linux, it's not fun
but if you actually want to do stuff, it's the only sane solution

Attached: 1552747902638.jpg (720x719, 32K)

I use gentoo. Fuck poettering shit.

plese make a copy pasta correcting people into calling it GNULS its makes a lot of sense an i will try my best to make it stick

this

Attached: 1563820911049.jpg (590x332, 63K)

Attached: systeMD.png (709x752, 724K)

Harry Potter thinks his idea is good because fuck options.

Attached: systemd operational system.png (500x556, 59K)