Looking for an undergrad student with an interest in electric circuits/ electromagnetics

And a basic handle on C++& modern OpenGL (very basic) I've got a cool head-start with some C++ code for a 3d electromagnetic particle sim. We can bolster our resumes by working cross-country or cross-school, looks good paper and can synergize + combine ideas and skills.

Anyone fit the bill and not a brainlet?

Attached: krc.png (561x609, 43K)

i thought about making fdtd sim for EM

like a sim based on fdtd evaluation of object velocities and accelerations / EM interactions? Exactly what I'm talking about. Trying to find a video file I have of a basic electrostatic charge sim I set up 1 sec

The goal is that we can increase our attractiveness to employers in the electrical design and software simulation industry by showing that we are able to accurately understand and simulate certain electromagnetic phenomena and components, ie. my sim will soon be capable of properly simulating vacuum diode and triodes, cathode ray tubes for TVs, and eventually magnetrons hopefully. looking for that webm

I'd be down to make something useful. an optimization tool for analog circuits or a FDTD tool for microstrips. I don't really need more resume stuff but I miss working on EE stuff. I'm pretty knowledgeable on analog and rf/microwave topics but I spend the majority of my time working on distributed software work.

If you are in any subject related to E&M and sim software I'm down to work together. I also trade stocks successfuly to my pay expenses through Uni and see a lot of opportunities for software that we could work on for that / that I can include you in. The reason I'm interested in including someone is that it demonstrates an ability to collaborate in the eyes of employers.

In webM related is a simple simulation of electrostatically charged particles reacting in 3 dimensions with openGl, each particle you see is a 3D cube w/ proper shadings and normals etc, & there are 5k positive particles with low mass to begin with; I introduce a highly charged negative particle with a larger mass and the webm shows the beginning of the interactions. its according to coulomb's forces between electric charges equation, nothing complicated so far. There are 2.5 million calculations per frame, because every the velocity/accleration of each of the 5k particles is affected by all 5k of the other particles. vid is sped up 16x.

we can talk quick to filtre our interests through an anonymous online chat site and then see if its worthwhile working on some project - obvioiusly each of us, and individuals in general, have our own pre-formed ideas and will largely be the leaders in a certain topic if we collaborate, but the idea is that both of our resumes get enriched by being 'involved' in diverse projects

Attached: video-1564280650 (1) (1).webm (1920x1080, 2.6M)

I'm just finishing my first year undergrad so you're probably far ahead of me.

With that basic framework of opengl program i put in that webm I intend to just make sims of vacuum diodes and triodes and eventually magnetrons and TV cathode ray tubes. No idea what microstrips even are, but my ultimate goal in life is to master RF and microwave concepts and apply it to military weapon & wireless power transfer applications.

Quick google on microstrips tells me that what I have in terms of code reltaed to E&M is far away from what you are interested in, but I am interested in implementing created a pspice-type circuit sim in 3D which allows you to simulate more complicated types of devices in their entirety like a television for example.

I have only taken basic circuit analysis so I can't really offer you shit on that front at the moment. are you in someway interested in the design/simulation of microwave beam tech? can microstips apply to this field in any way?

What's the purpose of the particle simulator? It may relate to an idea I have for fine-grained climate modelling.

I'd be down, but I have a PhD in chemistry and I'm doing it for fun and to put into my gitlab profile.

implementing/creating* as in imagine that webM I posted except the particles are representative of electrons in a circuit and act according to laws defined by the bounds of the metals they are within/ etc.

The purpose was just to create the classes & skeleton for basic electric interactions, now looking to implement magnetism into the equation & make it operate according to maxwell. It would be super long-term to make it act according to atomic and molecular models; is your climate modelling based on electrostatic balances between compounds in the air?

That feel when too much of brainlet to figure out what OP wants that multisim don't already provide.

Sounds neat. If you look hard enough, you'll find some reliable primary literature detailing models of particles at the classical level like that. J. Phys. Chem. and the assortment of APS journals probably have some good papers detailing particle modelling. If you look harder enough, you'll probably find that someone has done the hard work for you. Implementing the math in C++ probably wouldn't be hard. If you want to get higher efficiency, you might want to consider writing the simulation in FORTRAN and writing a wrapper to C++ or find a library that can send draw calls to OpenGL. I don't know if such a thing exists.

What level of accuracy do you want? I know very little about classical modelling of particles within solids (e.g. copper wire). Have you considered using Amsterdam Density Functional for particle modelling? It's a molecular modeling system used for modelling extended solids. If you don't dive in too deeply with your basis set, you probably would be able to model a small system on a workstation computer or beefy laptop.

I'm interested in a particle model for simulating scalable, fine-grained weather models. I'd like to predict down to the square mile where and when to expect extreme weather events like flooding, droughts, wildfires, and tornadoes in the near future so I can predict the safest areas for human habitation. Using a particle model might help me model atmospheric gases. Suspended liquids like water vapor present a problem, though.

For starters multisim is 2D. Can you simulate a magnetron in 3d and its effects on surrounding bodies w/ multisim? Would multi sim not only let you simulate a circuit, but simulate a circuit in 3 dimensions when composed of particular materials or operating under certain temperatures? Etc.

Thanks a lot that's really useful info and will help me expand my experience by learning some FORTRAN.. I see what you're talking about with particle based weather modelling & I'm hoping in the future to make some sort of software that's useful for that kind of macroscopic simulation of molecular interactions. Definitely not there yet and would largely be a waste of my and your time to collaborate. Thanks a lot for the other suggestions

>. I also trade stocks successfuly to my pay expenses through Uni
how
pls elaborate
what do you use

my eye. I have 7 years experience watching and studying level 2 data and stock prices + charts + daily action in general. You only learn how to trade through experience. Experienced traders call your early losses "tuition". I lost $11,000 of my barmitzvah money trading between 16 and 22 years old before I started earning profits consistently, and finally found a working strategy. It is nothing clinical . i trade based on logic and intuition built from 10s of thousands of hours of experience. At this point I just have a knack for predicting what a stock is going to do based on available information, and mitigate my risks accordingly. I hold trades that go well and drop the ones that don't follow what I predicted. No secret algorithm though they can be and most certainly are developed

what's the total resistance of that circuit?

4th year CMPE undergrad here. Never worked with opengl but I have a lot of C++, opencl and CUDA experience. What would you think about using Rust (I'm quite solid with it) and Vulkan for a more forward-looking resume piece?

Sounds exactly like what machine learning would excel at.

At some point it becomes more time effective to buy a breadboard, a pack of 1 ohm resistors, and a multimeter.

here
I'm interested in collaborating on anything you have in mind; in particular I would love to put my GPU acceleration and comfort with CPU multithreading to use where possible

2 ohm?

cool idea, do you know about the miltary simulators that require a supercomputer to run efficiently?

what software do you use
where do you get level 2 data