Librem 5 final specs announced

And are pretty shit.
puri.sm/posts/librem-5-smartphone-final-specs-announced/

Attached: 1564422579347.jpg (900x506, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

insurgo.ca/produit/qubesos-certified-privacybeast_x230-reasonably-secured-laptop/
notebookcheck.net/Adreno-540-vs-GC7000UL_7714_6271.247598.0.html
nxp.com/docs/en/nxp/application-notes/AN12118.pdf
toradex.com/de/news/toradex-early-access-apalis-imx8-with-nxp-imx8quadmax-soc
youtu.be/sBTqAG9jX2w
youtu.be/q9loBFTZLF8
bestbuy.com/site/motorola-moto-g6-with-32gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-black/6221370.p?skuId=6221370
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>$699
Is this a joke? You can get an android device with those specs for $69.99

D O A
O
A

They seem ok considering the work that went into developing a blobless phone. It's actually open source, not just the OS with closed blobs driving the hardware. I'm excited to get my phone.

baseband is still botnet.
no one is buying it for powerful hardware, it's only for dedicated freetards.

It is $699 cheaper to realize that if you do not want to be tracked by your emissions, you cannot carry a radio in current year.

It will be bought just by some schyzo paranoid who cannot install lineageos + microg.
I get you, but you cannot set that price tag. At 300$ maybe is worth it.

pics or it didn't happen

>It will be bought just by some schyzo paranoid who cannot install lineageos + microg.
are you actually dumb enough to think that's anything like the librem 5? anything that requires google play services is spying on you so installing microg doesn't do you much good. not to mention the blobs.

See Microg is actually good if you set it up correctly.

>It will be bought just by some schyzo paranoid who cannot install lineageos + microg.
You can't be this stupid.

Except it’s not blobless, no matter how badly you wish it to be.
For once a tripshit speaks truth. Leave your tracking device at home when you don’t want to tracked. If you truly care about privacy and aren’t just a hipster trying to look virtuous, you shouldn’t be so dependent on the internet that you actually feel you need such an oxymoronic scam like this.

Jesus. It's just sad.

What’s stupid about his post? No well adjusted person pays $600 for a few extra buttons and switches that you’ll never turn off anyway.

>wanting to use GNU/Trannix phone

Attached: 1497711411404.jpg (912x719, 74K)

hold on a minute...
>(((Bryan Lunduke)))

Please enlighten me. What blobs are there?

>very slightly better hardware than the pinephone with worse OS support for $550 more, probably to be delayed another 2 years
no thanks

I wonder if the battery life will be really good since it won't have background botnet.

2012-era A53-based processor
Only 3geebees of RAM
Only 32geebees of storage
DAT BEZEL

What the fuck is this shit?

>ITT retards that know nothing about start ups

Bezel > Notch bullshit
The rest is shit though

See The very thing that makes this “free” phone a phone, through which pretty much all of your data will travel through at some point, is proprietary.

they apparently isolated it from having DMA but it's probably still exploitable by whatever botnet shit is running on the modem.

Shit. Can this be replaced with an open source firmware like osmocomm?

Freedom isn't free

open source modem firmware basically doesn't exist in the real world. The protocols are proprietary, the networks are proprietary, everything is proprietary. No companies will touch your open source modem with a ten foot pole.

No, that only supports 3g and using it on a cellphone network is illegal.

just looks like gnome, and for 650 usd and that specs, your just getting ripped off.

I bet this lags and stutters like a motherfucker. Like early quad core, 32 bit Android phones. And they couldn't have mustered up a 1080p screen...

Attached: 1564426735081.png (1024x737, 435K)

$749

Attached: 13-59-42-FinalSpecs-FullSheet-Jul-29-1024x737.png (1024x737, 435K)

Security is meme
Look at this shit.
insurgo.ca/produit/qubesos-certified-privacybeast_x230-reasonably-secured-laptop/

1589 dollars.

That's conveniently a severe crime almost everywhere in the world.

$150

Attached: 14-02-49-redmi-note-7-pro-specs-840x506-800x500.jpg (800x500, 43K)

Wasn't this shit supposed to be released by now?

The size of that bezel is iPhone 4 tier.
It's way past just a bezel.

Which one if you is behind this shit

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-29-14-05-20-557_com.android.browser.jpg (1080x1508, 339K)

This knowledge has soured my evening.

What if you could use it to make a call on a mesh network?

Looks pretty good.

You can't. No android phone has hardware killswitches and almost all of them come with spyware and unremovable backdoors.

>Buy freetard hardware.
>Have to connect to a proprietary network anyway.

Attached: 707.jpg (450x418, 45K)

The Purism Volunteer Evangelist Force has arrived!

will it be ryf certified?

Attached: Interject.jpg (1280x720, 236K)

This is an iPhone 4.
The librem's bezel is like 2.5 * smaller than this.

Attached: IPhone_4_Mock_No_Shadow_PSD.png (758x1493, 643K)

Attached: l-14204-if-only-you-knew-how-bad-things-really-are.jpg (700x652, 215K)

if they have no integrity

just use the phone without a sim card lol

I love how freetards are willing to pay $700 for a "free as in freedom phone". If you were a true freetard, you'd have a prepaid flip phone for emergency calls only.

Might as well just throw the $700 in the trash at that point, that piece of shit is useless without a proprietary network to hang off of. The radio can still function without a SIM card anyway.

Actual release date: 2030.
Seriously, I stopped caring about this thing. They should have made no announcement until it was ready.

Latency would be baaaaad.

>And they couldn't have mustered up a 1080p screen...
Because the GPU is absolute garbage. It's not the Ultra Lite version like in these benchmarks, but the Lite one, which has twice the shaders, so probably about +80-100% performance.
notebookcheck.net/Adreno-540-vs-GC7000UL_7714_6271.247598.0.html

The deepsleep powerdraw is shit as well:
nxp.com/docs/en/nxp/application-notes/AN12118.pdf

Just the SoC needs 100mW, that's more than my entire Pocomeme.
The entire powerdraw is abolutely horrible, you'll have like 3 hours SoT with a dim screen.
According to this site it is manufactured in 28nm, so no wonder it sucks ass.
toradex.com/de/news/toradex-early-access-apalis-imx8-with-nxp-imx8quadmax-soc

Anybody following the Jolla tablet should've known what to expect. They even had their OS ready, unlike Librem.

Really the better solution is just realizing that you don't need to be contactable at all times, and not carrying a phone with you.

>720x1440
Holy shit what's with fosstards and 1366x768

Flip phones don’t have end-to-end encryption. I have no idea why so-called privacy advocates keep recommending them as a safer option than smartphones. Less features does not equal better communications security.

This.
If you care about privacy, get the fuck off of the internet or stop being such a dipshit about what you store and talk about on it.

You can’t consume your way out of your own lack of impulse control with a $700 designer tracking device with placebo buttons. Anyone who buys this shit is just a hipster trying to look cool.

Because privacy advocates aren’t using them as a safe communication option, they’re a convenience device.

The "people need a gaming phone or a cheap spyware phone" shill has arrived!

No it isn't. Stop spreading fud.

doesn't change my opinion of the device.
I intend on purchasing one.
It will be quite an upgrade from my Alias 2.

Attached: Samsung_Alias_2.jpg (600x600, 50K)

Apparently it boots very fast. Sadly that specs are so bad. I will still watch how the UI will turn out. There are a few videos on YouTube actually

Why use Foss at all then right? What's the point you're saying. Fuck that. It is about time we begin laying the ground work in disassembling they're systems of control and convenience. They insist they are the gate keepers... fuck that and fuck you simple human.

Attached: 1564403895437.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

I’ve never said or implied anything of the sort. If you actually were literate you’d see that the solution to the problem your pro bono employers are trying to profit from is quite literally nothing at all. Don’t want to be tracked and profiled? Stop carrying a fucking tracking device. Don’t buy a smartphone, spend the money on a proper computer instead and use shitty prepaid devices for convenience/emergency calls. Stop falling for scams that try to convince you it’s possible to build your entire lifestyle around the internet without being preyed upon and becoming data livestock.

What a shitty, incoherent post.

Continue sucking the cocks and balls of their systems of convenience faggot. Watch as your freedoms fade due to your boot shining ways. Fight entrenched systems by build a true Eden free from human regulated regimentation through software. Die you bitch.

Attached: 1564382190836.png (449x500, 248K)

You’re whining about “systems of convenience” while advocating spending $700 on a hipster social media toy because you literally cannot go without the internet for more than a few minutes at a time. Go back to polishing boots yourself.

youtu.be/sBTqAG9jX2w
Just look at this shit... And this is 3 days ago. It struggles with the UI, forget anything else. Good thing they chose fucking Gnome too...

I'm building a secure decentralized data transit management engine to reduce the amount of digital garbage you people produce and disperse at an ever increasing rate. A data checks and balances system for decentralized accountability.

The Librem 5 is critical in a branching path of many outcomes for our soon to be information civilization.

You aren’t doing jack shit, take your meds.

>bryan lunduke
dropped.

Soon you will watch man transition into his final form. Glued into a system of never ending data depth. The resolution of a fully scoped digital being is about to take center stage as a silent god. Guiding all into positions of predictable controls.

The self-righteous delusion of the Purism cult over a Facebook toy is staggering, but unsurprising.

Nigger I never visited Facebook.

It was to be expected to not be up to par with devices built by the millions, subsidized by all manner of ways.
Looks interesting, hope it shakes out for them. I'll keep an eye on development.

It’s not the point. An outdated webshit app terminal made by grifters with some placating words on a trendy bootstrap website is not a stepping stone to the singularity nor an evolutionary milestone for mankind.

They might as well have first built a dumbphone or flip-phone with hardware "killswitches."

Only 7 years late

>anything that requires google play services is spying on you
when i used roms back in 2013 one does not had to install gservices in order to use the device.

Holy shit these are great! I expected a 5 MP camera and now it comes with a 13MP one? Glad I preordered.

Well the CPU and display could be better of course but it's good enough. It won't have all that Android bloat and background services so it'll probably run smooth. And the RAM is good enough if you don't do desktop stuff on it.

Check how fast it boots: youtu.be/q9loBFTZLF8

Looking forward to developing apps on it (Plasma Mobile).
There is no better free GNU/Linux phone.

Attached: Librem5_spot.webm (660x370, 2.91M)

These shill posts literally read like fucking commercials. Fuck off.

Better than all the shitposts. I'm just happy about the specs.

>Better than all the shitposts
You mean all the people calling out your dishonest marketing and spam? I'd say I'm glad you're content with scraping the bottom of the barrel circa 2016, but we both know this is merely the opinion of your employers.

Hey I'm not marketing and am not getting any money for this. I'm just glad they got so far. Nobody really called me out on shilling. I was referring to a large fraction of Jow Forums posts in general which are often shallow and don't allow for quality in-depth discussion.
2016 is just 3 years ago and there simply is no better free phone out there. This is just the first version.

I believe you. Crowdfunding makes shills out of us all, even the ones who didn't buy it. It doesn't help that there's a really long time between when you buy the thing and you get it for people to shit on you for doing so, but for me, the specs are mostly an upgrade over my Galaxy S5 Sport, and quite frankly, it seemed as if there soon wasn't going to really going to be any options that respected my freedom to have my phone not do stuff I don't want it to be doing.
And try not to take phone discussion on Jow Forums too seriously. I have a 42 line item list of specs a whole lineup of 7 different phones would have to meet before Jow Forums wouldn't shit on one of those phones.

They write their own firmware. More then you have ever done loser.

wow just like literally every other smartphone maker ever

I haven't seen much "quality in-depth discussion" in any of these threads. It's usually just people calling out marketers and cultists and then getting either excuses, strawmen or some other sloganeering bullshit that amounts to "just consume the product, freetard, it will start a revolution eventually and then we can make something good trust us ;)" every time. Just look at the bandwagoners ITT that didn't even know the fucking baseband processor was still proprietary.

>$699
I think I'll just buy an iPhone with that money

it's not even the specs I hate the most about this thing, it's the shills constantly pushing it as le ultimate epic Jow Forumsnu+linux pocket computer when it's just another shitty iToddler clone with no apps or real keyboard/trackpad to make kludging around with desktop shit on it somewhat bearable

I want WebOS back, or better yet an actual new and proper OS for phones that isn't just another lazy port of 50 year old outdated mainframe concepts with applel skin to make it feel innovative, fuck these hipsters.

>buying the initial release of startup tech
You always pay more for a worse product in a buggier state.

Attached: 1534552712571.png (224x257, 73K)

>smartphones are shit
GASP SHOCKER
Let this fucking failed tracking device botnet technology die.
>BUT LIBREM-
Nonfree firmware and tracks you via cell triangulation.

>Wahh a phone produced by a smaller company with less manufacturing power is significantly more expensive than phone mass produced by a company with billions of dollars

do you get paid a lot?

bestbuy.com/site/motorola-moto-g6-with-32gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-black/6221370.p?skuId=6221370

You realize most phones use off-the-shelf parts, right? Including flagships? It's not an excuse. They're paying premiums for these outdated freetard components anyway.

>binary blobs
>nonfree firmware
>nonfree bootloader
>nonfree pretty much everything

>"""activate today"""

>>binary blobs
>>nonfree firmware
Same shit for the Librem.

isnt the eMMC much faster than the microSD storage? kinda sucks its only 32GB then.

still if I wasnt currently poorfagging it I would buy it to support them.

Atleast they try