Dead Technology

ITT: post dead technology

Attached: 1537363999245.jpg (1000x667, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

palmerluckey.com/i-cant-use-rift-s-and-neither-can-you/
youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw
zdnet.com/article/all-linux-all-the-time-supercomputers-top-500/
zdnet.com/article/microsoft-developer-reveals-linux-is-now-more-used-on-azure-than-windows-server/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Linux

eCars
a stillbirth

Why didn't it take off? 3d seems to be pretty cool actually.

I remember watching Avatar in 3D on my telly, was pretty great.
For some reason it didn't really stick with me either though. Guess it's too much trouble wearing those glasses the whole time.

fpbp

there was no reason to kill that fish

shit tier implementation of the tech.
>wear glasses
>buy enough expensive glasses for everyone who might be over while you're watching shit together
>have to buy expensive TV with high refresh rate
>3D content mostly on blurays, a dead format with little support (PC's still can't just play them)
so many issues

Consoles
If pipo was smart enough to buy their used vidya pc

Also stadia is probably the next mobile vidya

it fucks with my eyes and makes me feel ill (as do many other people). The slider stays to 2D on my 3DS

the business model is too shitty for it to take off. Never going to happen.

>Consoles
you retards have been saying it for many generations

Glasses.
What's fucked is there's been tons of glasses free 3D demos for over a decade, but nothing outside of like 2 phones and the 3DS has actually done it.

I never said that before
I just realized that i don't own a console for quite some time now so it's pretty much dead tech to me desu senpai

Nerds can't fathom the joys of having a plug and play device that just works playing videogames.
So long as there are normies, there will be consoles and smartphones.

I grew up with consoles but now they have become redundant 4me, don't play much anymore so pc is more than enough

Attached: pirata.png (2518x1024, 320K)

the most dead technology you can get

Attached: GeekCoffin.jpg (575x428, 51K)

I like the shear amount of fucking reddit-tier pants shitting damage control there is over the fact VR is a flop, and how little hope there is in said industry for the next 5 years. I’d honestly be surprised if by 2028 it amounts to anything other than a gimmicky continuation of pic related (the current state it’s in now). I can’t even really think of another technology that was this overhyped consistently yet stagnated this hard.

Attached: 40527F34-EC91-4EA2-98D9-4838309D82E5.jpg (740x555, 145K)

Wow you tech gamma person.
Passive 3D glasses cost like 1€ per piece and it's better than active 3d shutter anyway. It's basically the same technology that cinemas use. Sadly due to idiots like you LG decided to not produce any such TVs after 2016 anymore.

LEL i remember the previous flop and man maybe there was even more hype b4 pipo just moved on

>Passive 3D glasses cost like
doesn't matter, they don't last, they are uncomfortable and the content is still an issue

>shit tier implementation of the tech.
>>wear glasses
>>buy enough expensive glasses for everyone who might be over while you're watching shit together
>>have to buy expensive TV with high refresh rate
D content mostly on blurays, a dead format with little support (PC's still can't just play them)
>so many issues

And also every Intel iGPU is capable of delivering MVC content. Even cheap Android TV boxes can do this and also the Xbox One. You dumbass have no idea what you're talking about.

stop talking like a nigger, nigger

>You dumbass have no idea what you're talking about.
and what is the content delivery you retard? Bluray rips? what else?

What do you mean they don't last? Wtf. I have 8 year old glasses that still work perfectly. And they're comfy as fuck because they weigh only a few grams.

>And they're comfy as fuck
stop making shit up you manchild

Any Matroska file with mvc stream. There is tons of remuxed 3d content on the net. I have multiple terabyte of fine 3D movies.

>Any Matroska file with mvc stream
yes retard, and what is the source of the content? blurays and nothing else.

I'm sorry I hurt you feelings by making it clear how utterly oblivious you are to the actual tech sweetie.

wow, did you copy paste this from plebbit?

Also any emergent technology that typically consists of a Jew telling you “Just give it 10 to 15 years”. That should be your biggest fucking red flag

And what's your point?

>Stupid 3D movie watchers and their...
>*shuffles idiot 3d tech bashing deck*
>...top curated content coming from movie production that make it to Blu rays.

Will they have make glassless 3d tvs in the future? Something like a giant 3DS that doesnt strain the eyes, is in HD and has excellent viewing angles. Shit could be so cash.

>And what's your point?
holy shit, are you brain dead?
>tech dies because there is almost no content and the access to that content is shit

No, the passive 3d tech died because people didn't want to pay premium for the fucking technology that needs to be placed in the TV for this to work.
Active shutter shit tier tech only needs high refresh rate, which is not that expensive to deliver.

Idiots like you didn't understand the advantage of passive 3D and didn't buy the TVs. That's the OFFICIAL reason why LG stopped producing the panels.

There is fucking new 3D Blu ray content every month.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

HAHAH VRfag spodded

>passive 3d tech
I wasn't talking about passive or active, just 3d in general has had shit tier content delivery. bluray is dead and so is 3D.

passive 3D screens died because resolution sucked, and content was sparse

There were multiple prototypes for this already but view angles and distance was super restricted. You also had to put extra technology into the TV.

Zero advantage over passive 3D. Same disadvantages, though (other than the super light super cheap glasses).

ALL 3D Blu rays are in 1080p. The last passive 3D TVs were 4K OLEDs.
Please care to explain how the resolution would suck if you have 2K for each eye you fucking retard.

Which part of
> 3D Blu rays are being released each month
Did you not understand?
Are you a fucking Nigger?

we got vr now

passive tv's for that resolution would cost way more than they're worth and even then passive 3d effect sucks ass even compared to active, and even active 3d tv's didn't add that much to the experience.

Passive 3D tech is what's used in cinemas, as I've already said. (Not that you'd actively read anything I write, retarded as you are.)
It's used because people get less nausea from static delivery of different pictures to each eye than a fucking shutter raping your image recognition.
There's zero advantage of active 3D other than only needing high refresh rate and not losing resolution/brightness (which is no issue for OLED). Everything, really EVERYTHING else is at a disadvantage to passive 3D.

I'm done talking to you tech uneducated swine.

>Passive 3D tech is what's used in cinemas
and it sucks.

- VR
- 3D printing
- Self driving cars
- Deepfake

you don't know what dead means?

correct except for 3d printing

Fair enough, I'll scrap VR because it was never alive to begin with.

How many novelty paperweights can you possibly need?

Modern consoles are not plug-and-play. You have to sign in for half the shit you want to do.

Attached: That cover makes VR look so fucking autistic that Time has probably guaranteed a shit ton of people (599x799, 56K)

I'm just about ready to buy into it now that it's dead.

Attached: 12771_3dvision-2_kit_bZbOhiCgBa9u0r_600x600.jpg (600x600, 70K)

Whatever happened to oculus?

I totally forgot about these
Cool to try but gets old fast 5me

palmerluckey.com/i-cant-use-rift-s-and-neither-can-you/

We could have had done it better with Wii U remote.

>youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

This was 12 years ago and doesn't require shitty glasses.

Just buy into VR instead.
It's 3D as well, but covers your whole vision.

Some people with constructive hobbies need custom parts. It might seem dead to you if all you do is play vidya and shitpost but if you need to build a housing for a physical project then 3D printing is very much alive.

Facebook bought it and killed it.
Can't have too many distractions from social media.

>if you need to build a housing for a physical project then 3D printing

Just make a box out of wood.

>but but I have zero skills it has to be all done by a machine RRREEEEE

>just toss it in a box bro
>I don't know what standoffs are
>spending hours fine-tuning wood is better than letting a machine give you CAD-perfect results
You prove my point, retard.

Attached: 2011-02-20141633carphone.jpg (800x600, 83K)

Attached: 1538936421691.png (1200x886, 885K)

3D sucked on TV's. It's only useful if you have a projector and a big screen at home.

Facebook

>xbone
>start console
>sign in
>start game

>pc
>start computer
>open steam
>start game

???

Yeah. Because people want a 3d tv that can only be used by one person at a time from one specific sweet spot

Reminder than nVidia used to support all 3D glasses by default but when 3D became a meme they released their own glasses and stopped allowing other glasses to work.
t. someone who played KotOR with 3D glasses in like 2006. Fuck nVidia.

No
zdnet.com/article/all-linux-all-the-time-supercomputers-top-500/

zdnet.com/article/microsoft-developer-reveals-linux-is-now-more-used-on-azure-than-windows-server/

plasma panels :(