ProtonMail is finished

translate.google.com/translate?hl=de&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://steigerlegal.ch/2019/07/27/protonmail-transparenzbericht-buepf/

Get fucked, stupid ProtonMail shills.

Attached: Download.jpg (318x159, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cdn.criptext.com/resources/White-Paper-v2.pdf
criptext.com/
useplaintext.email/#tutanota
jeffreifman.com/how-to-install-your-own-private-e-mail-server-in-the-amazon-cloud-aws/
c0ffee.net/blog/mail-server-guide/
sealedabstract.com/code/nsa-proof-your-e-mail-in-2-hours/
thehackernews.com/2016/10/signal-messenger-fbi-subpoena.html
emailvendorselection.com/email-service-provider-list/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

At least they seem to be honest. Other mail services don't even go half way.

>At least they seem to be honest
The whole article is about why they are NOT honest.

They are honest about the fact we are being spied on. That's the whole point of editing the transparency report to match the truth.

Better get a gmail or fastmail account

Anyone with half a brain already knew that all protonmail traffic is routed through Mossad servers

Criptmail>Tutanota>Protonmail.

Ok, I see where you're coming from. I hadn't thought about it from that point of view.

>Criptmail
what's that?

>google.com

anyway, tl;dr?

>>Criptmail
>what's that?
Seconded

A mail service using the signal protocol. Completely open sourced. As soon as it is delivered to your mailbox, the mail is purged from their server, and the mail rests on your device instead.

cdn.criptext.com/resources/White-Paper-v2.pdf

I think you mean criptext.com/

So literally POP3?

Yeah, it's 3AM and I'm retarded. Sorry.

They changed critical passages in their transparency report without notifying their users or updating the "last changed on ..." date, hence "secret changes".

Basically, they're just as bad as anyone else but unlike everyone else they'll explain in detail what exactly makes them, and any other email provider, bad.

Just tested their client
>Two-Factor Authentication
To enable Two-Factor Authentication you must set and verify a recovery email

Hm.
Also, >70 mb client app (electron, i.e. a browser) for reading mail.

imagine using someone else's email service

Attached: 1541804245771.jpg (125x88, 2K)

Your recovery email can be another criptext address. You can activate 3 separate accounts per program, and switch users simply by clicking on a different icon.

>Also, >70 mb client app (electron, i.e. a browser) for reading mail.
So? Have you seen what a web browser or Signal Messenger uses?

>So? Have you seen what a web browser or Signal Messenger uses?
That's true, but at this point, I might as well use Signal directly. But I'll keep an eye on criptext, thanks for bringing them to my attention.

Imagine using your own. Even with PGP, you still have plenty of metadata that you are releasing. To/From, when it was sent, and the subject line. The signal protocol was specifically developed to replace PGP with something better.

And that's not touching on the fact that you wind up on pretty much everyone's spam list, the nightmare of key changes, the pain of setting up the server right, etc.

The adjustments include:
>Now Protonmail doesn't claim to be clompletely exempt of Swedish internet laws, but that it doesn't have to log IP addresses or metadata unless requested by law
>all references to "government" where changed to "law enforcement authorities"
>all references to "request" were changed to "order"
So it's fucking nothing. Everyone already knew that Protonmail would have to monitor IP addresses and metadata of specific accounts if they were ordered by the police to do so like pretty much every other Internet service must do, including Jow Forums, Gab and even fucking Stormfront.

OP is a fag.

Attached: Ummm.jpg (1048x1196, 147K)

For person-to-person interactions, absolutely use Signal. But if you are getting eyed up by the government, and you want to make it as difficult as possible for them to see what you are receiving, protonmail isn't the way to go. Tutanota is acceptable, although you suffer the same risks as protonmail insofar as using a web browser (although that can be mitigated by sticking to the apps for mobile).

You have your own? How much of a pain in the ass is it? Is it worth it?

>Tutanota is acceptable
useplaintext.email/#tutanota

>Is it worth it?
No.
jeffreifman.com/how-to-install-your-own-private-e-mail-server-in-the-amazon-cloud-aws/
>Writing this tutorial has demonstrated to me that securing the bulk of your email from government snooping beyond the per-message level is a task whose complexity far exceeds the capability of the average person, perhaps even the average technologist. For this reason alone, the fact that maintaining your privacy in the digital age is so difficult, is one reason that the surveillance state should be illegal. The more impossible it becomes for the average person to secure their digital privacy, the more seriously the courts should return to backing the intent of the Fourth Amendment. Conversely, it’s quite easy for really bad people to encrypt their most private communications.

But that doesn't mean you should trust Protonmail.

>jeffreifman.com/how-to-install-your-own-private-e-mail-server-in-the-amazon-cloud-aws/

Link gives me
>Error establishing a database connection

>can't trust protonmail
>can trust someone else's computer

Although I will admit that's less people that you need to trust.

>you still have plenty of metadata that you are releasing
i don't care

not much if you can read and edit a text, there are some ready to use full package solutions too
>Is it worth it?
kind of but not for sending

>I don't care
Then you may as well use protonmail, because that's all the info they can release anyways.

it's literally impossible to secure any of your info when clerks and accountants send it everywhere without any care

>meta data =/= data
go fuck yourself nigger

If you truly hold that logic, you've just explained a reason against having your own server.

c0ffee.net/blog/mail-server-guide/
sealedabstract.com/code/nsa-proof-your-e-mail-in-2-hours/

>people believing marketing words of Signal, Protonmail and whatever else on encryption
I0+6/Pn9s5b5cnfINjEQgbLkSmCGeLfLz7PQrVScSEI=

You just realized how fucking stupid you are, didn't you? And it makes you seethe.

Will check these out, thank you. Hope they address keeping your server off the spamlist

you just explained you are retarded and it makes you seethe.

Signal is battle tested, retard.
thehackernews.com/2016/10/signal-messenger-fbi-subpoena.html

OH NO, PROTON BROS. THEY ARE GOING TO KNOW I SUBSCRIBE TO NEWS FROM MY CITY COUNCILOR. IT'S OVER FOR ME, PROTON BROS.

Attached: 318271da980706f7a18a811c3456a77d.png (633x758, 16K)

>wants your phone number
dropped

It's supposed to be an encrypted replacement for text. How else would they achieve that?

Let's say I pointed the domain I wanted to use for my mail server at a vps whose ip address had been used by spammers, is the domain tainted now?

Yes they do.

Wow that's great. Will check them out when I get home.

I HATE THIS KIND OF VERBOSE DIARRHOEA
GET TO THE POINT AAAHH

>"As the documents show, the government's effort did not amount to much—not because OWS refused to comply with the government's subpoena (it complied), but because the company simply does not keep the kinds of information about their customers that the government sought (and that too many technology companies continue to amass)," the ACLU said in a post. "All OWS was able to provide were the dates and times for when the account was created and when it last connected to Signal's servers."

imagine there being literally thousands of providers but people use only a handful

>literally thousands
literally?

shh, just get a gmail account, protonmail is finished

Not him, and I'm not counting, but here's the first 25%.

emailvendorselection.com/email-service-provider-list/

something like 90 thousand
no use mailfence

>GMail
no, get lost you dickcutted jew

It can be removed from lists but it's a lot of work. Better to contact your VPS provider and ask if they have any non-spammer used IPs or with help in getting it removed from spamlists.

Oh that's how it works. It sends B64 encoded encrypted text over SMS.

Ahh my daily dose of ProtonMail FUD. Refreshing.

the same story
over
and over
and over
again

gee i wonder who is behind this

>criptext.com/
Getting another Jewish controlled Email account

no thx kike

Attached: 1561905601866.jpg (604x604, 133K)

Oh no. Not again.

they had to change the terms and conditions lanauge to make it clear what was happening, which is my understanding of this krauttext. and it's fine.
> finished
oh yes, they're so finished. let me just check my account that nobody has keys to, which protonmail and the feds don't have. unless they are able to crack their own key system (they can't) and have magical abilities to decrypt gpg mail (encryption of the mail from sender to receiver, also uncrackable), then there's not many fucks to give about some mild language changes in a contract, mr. angry police officer. their warrant canary is tiny and requests for data are just as small.

protonmail rules, it makes mr. police officer OP start kvetching all over the place.

>It's another fud story by that desperate German "lawyer" that's known for this bullshit
Huh yeah totally bankrupt and finished I really wonder who might be behind this..

>German "lawyer"
He's Swiss, you edgelord.

is it possible to use with a custom domain name?

shills in damage control aren't known for their accuracy

Better than the alternatives anyhow.

Who cares, we're not doing illegal activities or pedoshits, right?

/thread

It basically just full of language changes as far as I can see. What has even chnaged?

>What has even chnaged?
Nothing, just as news that the only thing that proton can share with the police (your IP address) can be shared if they get a warrant was used to throw shade at the service. Glowniggers still trying to glownigger you into using services that will not only share IP in real time but also the contents so they have less work

Are there any alternatives to PM?

Tutanota? Posteo? Or is self-hosting the only way to go?

>self-hosting the only way to go?
sadly it's not really an option, most major email providers will just drop you if you host your mail server yourself, internet is kinda dying with each day

this user gets it 100%.

it's pretty much a cabal. the entire e-mail system is broken, dangerously outdated, poorly secured and needs to be replaced. there are powers at play that don't want to see any changes to the current e-mail protocols. this is because it gives law enforcement such easy to obtain information on anyone they want.

I would give ctermplar a better chance than protonmail, but only because unlike Swisslandia, Iceland has no cooperative laws with anyone. The only time Iceland cooperated with the FBI was during the whole Silk Road shit.

Posteo is a good one, and mailo is one to try if you want to feel a little bit normish