github.com/InBetweenNames/gentooLTO
shlomifish.org/humour/by-others/funroll-loops/Gentoo-is-Rice.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Huh?

>For Intel architecture
>Not Ryzen

it shits on any other linux distro in like 98 out of 100 benchmarks

Its not a desktop os though

Solus used to be faster. I don't know how, but they fucked that up.

It's faster than gentoo, even though you don't need to spend the entire day compiling your programs.

>being this poor.

More aggressive optimizations than other distros.

Source? I've never seen any benchmarks comparing Gentoo vs Clear Linux. Besides, since Gentoo compiles packages from source there's nothing preventing you from compiling them the same way Clear Linux does.

Based huh poster

clearlinux.org/news-blogs/performance-race
It uses more aggressive optimizations, but some say this could be not really good since the code is larger and it will use more cache memory.

customized by a company with money involved, freetards can't compete

This.

just use GentooLTO? the optimizations that they're using aren't magic it's just that binary distros have to be as compatible as possible and miss out on the easy performance gains from compiler optimization

Attached: smug ishtarin.jpg (369x346, 40K)

Because it has the power of Botnet (TM) behind it, baka

>Solus used to be faster
no it wasnt

>© 2019 Intel Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

>Faster than gentoo
So was debian testing, but being the fastest isn't why people use gentoo.

It's literally an Intel project

>making an OS for a deprecated cpu manufacturer

At least Intel tries to make software compatible with their hardware while AMD just waits for their customers to fix everything.

it ships with Gnome by default. What makes it "not a desktop os"?

Enjoy long ass compile times.

Is it simply compiled with icc instead of gcc?

Attached: .png (680x521, 94K)

Based distro, will try soon.

Why is this never advertised? The package system looks pretty nice and easy.

There are lot a lot of packages in their package manager, automatic updates, telementary by default

>telementary
That's a shame

telemetry is not by default.
you may choose to use it during installation.

no ffmpeg and no tlp

>no ffmpeg
and that's a good thing.

So if they don't have a bundle for the software I want am I just fucked?

>even though you don't need to spend the entire day compiling your programs.
and neither will you when you install Bentōō

Attached: bentoo-linux-alt-1.png (1600x680, 121K)

that website gave me cancer.

Or CloverOS which is clearly the Jow Forums choice

Feel free to go back. Not your safe space.

Consider your own advice, spic.

>we changed the compiler flags
wow, such innovation

>gnome
get back to me when you're using a real DE, not that toddler shit

>the average clear linux user

Attached: file.png (762x307, 46K)

enjoy your corelet PC lol
if you're trying to grind out performance through something like Clear Linux you have a good enough CPU to compile Gentoo

not as good as gentoo LTO with lots of optimizations
github.com/InBetweenNames/gentooLTO

Runs surprisingly well, but doesnt have enough 'out of the box' compatibility and lack for apt/pacman etc.etc. and you have to setup your own package manager - since the default one is absolute garbage
Will most likely switch back to it when it gets a proper rpm or apt or pacman support

>only 27% tested
>The rest are untested and unknown! They may or may not work

What is the point in using a broken OS over normal gentoo? the performance is not even noticeable. Clear Linux lacks so many packages it's not even worth while.

Compile the packages yourself, sperg.

if it doesnt work it doesnt compile and you just turn off the optimizations for that particular package. 27% of Gentoo's 20k+ packages is thousands of packages and covers everything a person would use.

>performance isnt noticable
yeah if all you do is browse Jow Forums and watch anime then neither clear linux or gentoolto is for you

Eh, a proper Arch install I find just as fast on my Intel hardware. Their pkg manager is dog shit and I felt like I was being spied on.

Gee what a retarded comment. If I wanted to compile things myself I'd use Gentoo and their superior repository and not bother with Clear Linux to begin with.

>proper arch install is just as fast
lmao this retard thinks his generic precompiled kernel and generic precompiled packages with no optimisations is "just as fast".
Guess how I know you do nothing except browse the internet

Nope. Note the word proper.

>Distro made by Intel for Intel Architecture works the best on Intel hardware
Shocking.

Here, have a classic funroll-loops
shlomifish.org/humour/by-others/funroll-loops/Gentoo-is-Rice.html

>proper
define proper arch install, probably for you it means using i3 as your wm.
You probably think that speed of clear linux is how fast it boots or how fast your programs open, but I bet you have never done anything computationally intensive where the optimizations truly shine.

love to hear what proper means for you, because the way I see it, you're about to demonstrate either your incompetence in what constitutes optimized, or your masochism in using Arch over a proper distro like Gentoo or even Void

The creator and driving force behind the project left, and they had a couple of other shitty little mini-dramas/controversies.

A proper install of arch is without any useless bloat, so a minimal install with a lightweight window manager is just as smooth and fast as clear linux and optimised for performance.

Sure, it also allows XFCE and KDE. But just because it supports a DE doesn't make it a desktop OS, tard. In my opinion it's not ready to be a desktop OS due to lack of software and drivers.

>lack of drivers
Wat? If you use any intel hardware, it will run faster. Don't know what you talking about.

Oh my bad I forgot the only thing that requires drivers on my PC is my CPU

Attached: 1553781566689.jpg (765x630, 49K)

i was told clear linux is a botnet

By AMDtards

Attached: botnet.png (1889x468, 97K)

Owww nowww muh disableable telemetreeeee :((((

cope

The intel sensor hub thingy that does auto rotation and brightness on my machine didn't work, but does in fedora amusingly enough

No one will ever use AMD for ULL or HFT due to its dogshit latencies.

Attached: 4L_FyEVdkMs.jpg (315x316, 35K)

>wi-fi
>ssd
>gpu
>literally everything

Manjaro baby here, is it really worth it trying those meme distros or compiling everything? Like, do you get more FPS in games or does Blender render things faster or something, is there a noticeable improvement

Games? I don't know. I only use clear linux for development, so I can compile things faster. Otherwise I couldn't say it is better.

compiling can take hours or days

>compile-time errors are the only kind of errors
>catastrophic runtime errors are non-existent
Yeah, sure.

>days
get better hardware faggot

Get to know your stupid OS. If you did, you wouldn't use it