So what is the consensus on 5/g/?

so what is the consensus on 5/g/?
does it have a net benefit? net neutral? or is it bad for you despite the benefits?

Attached: 1564535974619.png (2160x714, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OoBn-x0FXA4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Its not that fucking dangerous as that one schizo tries to paint it

tourists from Jow Forums claim it's bad, but so far they haven't presented any evidence so it's probably harmless

I'm honestly hoping it really does gives you cancer so I can get it and then kill myself but looks like that's all chinese FUD.

On the upside, it's not dangerous. On the downside, it's really not worth it, especially if you live in the US. Ludicrously expensive for an improvement that you'll really only ever see on your phone and may not even notice in day-to-day usage. Signal struggles to make it further than a few hundred feet, can't penetrate walls, windows (even open windows), trees, bushes, rain, shrubs, cloth (so putting the phone in your pocket will smother it), etc. The signal is just incredibly weak so 5G basically requires more than one tower on every block which is impractical. The good news is that 5G towers are less "towers" and more "boxes" that can be attached to street lights and traffic lights, etc.
5G generally just isn't really something to get excited about. It's a big speed improvement, yes, but the downsides really outweigh the upsides here.
It's just really, really impractical right now and I don't see it improving anytime soon. But it's generally safe.

5g is just as bad as any other wireless protocol its just schizo faggot baby boomers only shit they watch on facebook

>yay, now I can reach my data cap 10x faster!!1!!one!!

Net benefit. Faster network options are always better, even if it does nothing else but pressure home ISPs into increasing their speeds.

by the time it's deployed it will be obsolete
it's faster but the range is basically nothing, so it only works in cities
but cities are made out of concrete, which the signal has issues with signal integrity

it's a pretty stupid endeavor to roll out, BUT the isps get to pretend they're doing something instead of updating their peering infrastructure

>not having unlimited data

read your plan's fine print to the class

youtube.com/watch?v=OoBn-x0FXA4
>the nearly 50/50 like/dislike ratio
>comment section filled to the brim with people complaining about globalists using 5g as a form of mind control / population control / big pharma ploy to give more people cancer
>some threatening to physically dismantle any 5g box they see irl
do people even deserve technology?

there must be a way to make money off people like them

>unlimited*

You could start a podcast getting people all riled up and then sell them a placebo antidote in the form of a daily supplement. Surprising nobody's done that yet.
>pic unrelated

Attached: surprised alex jones.jpg (261x238, 7K)

Shit I should sell a homeopathic treatment to protect you from "5g radiation sickness" or something.

Unironically go for it.

But the anticonceptive runoff in the water really is turning frogs gay. As funny as that is, it's a true fact, 5g giving you AIDS is pure agitprop.

5g actually has health benefits. They built a 5g antenna on my property and I used the money I get from them renting my land to pay for my cancer treatment. Chemos going good, doc says I should have a full recovery

>fucking dangerous as
>implying it is at least dangerous to a degree

Thanks 5g tranny!

>you cretins don't DESERVE this graceful gift from your corporate overlords

God damn you redditors are pathetic. The only thing you "people" "deserve" is a noose.

those who want to see new and innovative technologies banned for fictional reasons they made up on the spot literally do not deserve said new technologies.
our purpose as a species is to advance and anyone who deliberately thwarts those attempts, especially for no reason other than "muh globalists," should be ostracized accordingly.