Silent laptop

I just got a Dell laptop that always has its fans running... dedicated graphics are nice but I just can't live with the noise. I'm autistic and it pokes my demons. Anyone have any suggestions for alternatives? As long as it's silent during general use I'll be content.

please!

Attached: help.jpg (1016x786, 159K)

Water cool your laptop

Replace the thermal paste on the damn thing, the shit dell ships is crap

but the fan will still gooooo

Stop using dedicated graphics on a laptop you god damn nigger

>get a thinkpad
>t420 with dual core i5
>replace thermal paste
>install thinkfan/tpfancontrol
>set fans to stay off until 60c

Not as loud or as much if the heat is being transferred out better. You're make the heat dissipation far better. Additionally look into updating the BIOS(dells often have shit defaults) or turn off the GPU in the BIOS when not using it and rely on the integrated.

Should have bought a Macbook

>put thermal paste on sections that the thermal pipes cool components
>heat transfer and dissipation is now way better
>components run cooler
>fan rarely has to rev up

Are you stupid?

actually i'm pretty sure there's an equivalent dell fan control program from the brief period i had an xps so you don't even need to replace the laptop

There is a setting in the BIOS and there is Dell power manager you can DL off the site. OP is a tard and needs to change the thermal paste out then download the tool from dells site. Pic related it's not hard to install or configure

I use it for a percision I got basically free, i5/32gb ram/256GB SSD/M1000M Nvidia(sucks but works for old games)

Attached: dell power.png (1731x848, 151K)

/thread

it's honestly incredible a thread died for something as stupid as this

put an industrial blower fan in your room that's loud enough that you won't be able to hear your laptop's fans even if they're running at full speed

>dedicated graphics are nice but
Don't get one then.

Hmm, I think I'll do it as well. My T430 has this shitty Toshiba fan with a high-pitched noise, it's very loud. For how long your fan stays off?

Just buy decent over-ear headphones and wear them while you use the laptop

>I'm autistic
why did you write anything before or after that?

That is the bloat everyone is complaining about.

Yeah, those only run the fans at 95c.

Attached: 1538076950347.png (686x955, 420K)

>loud fans
Found your problem, uninstall windows. Whenever it scans your computer and sends back info, the fans get loud. It does this especially when you're away from the computer, or when you're not looking at task manager.

Attached: D_ml2lpUIAAJsXN.png (540x350, 236K)

Tell me how can I turn of the fan on this damn thing

HP X360

Attached: 123.png (814x583, 107K)

Check on Dell's website if they don't have a power management suite or whatever so you can set the fans to start kicking in at a specific temperature.