/spg/ - Smartphone General

OnePlus Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 6gtfv7yh-y67g.jpg (1000x600, 464K)

Other urls found in this thread:

buymobile.com.au/products/xiaomi-mi-9-se-6gb-ram-128gb-4g-lte
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-redmi-855
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi-9t
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can any S10+ Exyshit owners chime in, how good is the battery life once you debloat it? I can't buy a phone like that if it doesn't get me 10+ hours SoT, especially since it's got the regular shitty 15w slowass charging. Fucking Samsung

I see the redmi note 7 has Tyrone glass. Is that a meme or actually a good protection against damage?

heres hoping the Galaxy S11 has a removable battery

Attached: hoganetty.webm (480x270, 2.95M)

It will have a brand new camera system, brand new RAM, super fast charging and it'll probably be notchshit.

Phones will never have removable batteries again

They will once solid state batteries are mainstream

From the end of the previous thread. Thoughts appreciated.

Attached: 1562021892288.jpg (1920x1080, 512K)

a well made case is the only good protection against damage, you butterfingered spaz

fucking shit... of only mi9 was waterproof.. it would be the perfect phone

Dont take it in the bath

no shit sherlock, of course nobody puts in water on purpose, but when it rains outside, or when you fall from a boat with it, or in my case i destroyed my last two phones by accidentally dropping them into the toilet

OK. Me again.
Am starting to lean heavily towards this. Anyone had an experience with it?
buymobile.com.au/products/xiaomi-mi-9-se-6gb-ram-128gb-4g-lte
When it rains outside it should be in your pocket
When on a boat, leave it in the cabin
When having a shit leave it in the lounge you dirty bugger

Attached: mi9.jpg (470x677, 44K)

How come? I don't know anything about solid state batteries.

>dropped my RN4X countless times
>still no scratches on the screen despite the lack of a screen protector
I have one of those flip cases, but I've dropped it with the case open too. Still flawless.
Redmi Note phones are built like tanks

redmi note 7 or Xiaomi Mi 9T?

The computing power difference doesn't matter much to me, but the 9t has OLED which is great, and also NFC which is a small bonus.. but for some reason no wireless charging ;_;, also i love that there is no notch because i never ever used the front camera on any of my phones ever

but it also costs like 40% more

Get the note 7, 9t is a niche phone and has no xda support, note 7 is officially supported by all roms like lineage os

I have the MI8 SE, been using it for a year. The only complain I have is that there's no official EU Rom and the battery is starting to lose its stamina. Otherwise great phone, solid build, not a dent on it after falling many many times, I do have a case tho.
My battery still gives me 24 hours with Bluetooth on, data on and WiFi on when I'm at work / home. Using it a lot during the day too so 24 hours is pretty solid for a sub 4000mah battery.

Anyone think a 3.5mm headphone jack is still essential?

not the original user but this is pretty important for me personally. thx

How noticeable is the curved screen on op7p during daily use (reading, videos...)?

If you're planning to plug a jack, yes, definitely. Otherwise it can get cumbersome when you need to plug a jack and charge the phone.

Sounds good mate. I am very close to ordering a 9 SE tonight
Tnx, noted

Almost essential for me, unless it's a very good value phone otherwise.
I have high-end IEMs that I need to use while commuting, and I'm not going to carry a separate DAP.
Since all the flagships are removing the jack, I might just have to resort to a dongle.

I have little DAP from ali - rarely use the phone these days for listening to muzak or podcasts.
Is a dongle a pain in the arse? I have never seen one lol

Attached: 1556494004690.png (3600x2026, 128K)

Meh - looks tolerable. I doubt if I am gonna want to use a headset while the thing is charging, so it probably wont be an issue for me

Thanks, BTW

Attached: 1239367205152.png (1316x1472, 1.81M)

For normies like you? No. You never use your headphones for any other device so pernamently attaching usb c adapter to them is fine.
For non normies yes, i for example use otg heavily and often need to charge while using the device as well and i always listen to music so i need the headphone jack
>b-b-b-but bluetooth headphones
just a bait for normie retards to waste their money and have yet another device to charge

I never use my headphones with my phone, they're too big to enjoy when I'm lying down. It's always IEMs with phones.

Fair enough. I am not a heavy phone user. Never have been, so this mid-range device will be more than suitable for me I think.
Thanks for the advice (from you and others here) - my current device which I have had for 3.5 years is about to be retired.

Attached: ai_.png (1034x690, 290K)

bloody hell

How much better is the OnePlus 7 Pro's camera than the OnePlus 6T's? 6T's camera couldn't even beat the Razer Phone 2's camera in a blind test.

He's asking about the screen.

What bit of my post caused you to exclaim?

For gaming phones at the very least. Razer and Xiaomi made a mistake with this but Xiaomi has since fixed that. Besides I don't like Bluetooth headphones and the dongle is way too easy to misplace or lose.

It's only the most well written post I've seen here on Jow Forums in a while.

Much, much better. The chinks at Shenzhen have taken notice and have made big leaps in the camera software department. But still, it's not as good as a Pixel or a Samsung. Gcam helps a lot, so get that and you're good to go.
The primary camera is much better than the one they had on the 6T so that helps.

Thanks - gaming isnt a concern for me. Never really done it on the phone.
I can get the Mi 9 SE from my prefered AU online store for 579.00 or I can get it from Ali with a set of headphones and dongle for 476.00.
Anyone ever bought a global phone from CN? Any issues or worries with shipping such a device from there (I buy lots of cheap crap from ali, that's about it)

Attached: Brother Swaggart.jpg (220x279, 11K)

>LPDDR5 RAM so Exynos can be much better
>brand new camera setup
>chinkphone tier fast charging, so battery size and Exynos optimization arent an issue
>no notchshit
the S11 phones are gonna be worth a shot boyos

Get a K20 Pro or Mi9T:
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-redmi-855
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi-9t

I will just leave this here.
>inb4 not promoting Huashit p30 pro
>choosing it over 1+ 7 Pro top kek

Attached: hc-robert-using-p30-2.jpg (1080x1639, 139K)

Note 7 doesn't have official LineageOS, only the Note 7 Pro does.

buy it on gearbest and save yourself 180 AUD

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-31 Xiaomi Mi 9 SE 4G Phablet Global Version Gearbest.png (1519x608, 421K)

Aren't they basically the same thing with just different cameras and shit?

The SoC is different (SD660 vs 675) which makes it so you can't flash ROMs from one model to another.

i just checked and note 7 has official RR so all is good since that is the best rom anyway

Even if you aren't prone to losing stuff, get at least one spare dongle. If you are, get more. Bluetooth sound is also nowhere as good as wired.

I sincerely doubt a Hollywood star uses anything but a Samshit, iShit or a Pixelshit. They certainly do not use chinkphones, much less PRCware like Huawei. Their agents would throw a fit.

Can confirm, same phone, rn4x and dropped multiple times. But newer ones have larger screens and thinner bezels, i think it must behave differently with damage apsorbing. In other words, much more fragile would be RN7 than RN4x, aswell 7 is made from plastic and front glass whereas 4x back is made from Aluminium and front glass.
>Less scratches with Al but more damage apsorbing from plastic. (Larger chance to break apart from phone than damaging internals from falling like metal one).
>Bigger screen means bigger chance to fuck it up when dropped.
>hardware costier, m-m-muh 48mp AI cam, teardrop notch, t-t-thin bezels. Still chinky af
>phone build must take a hit

Too bad about the hole, it needs a pop up or slider
If it also had a headphone jack it could've been the chosen one

Attached: note10.jpg (727x736, 320K)

Not even if they're chink themselves?

Actusll come to think of it, there should be nothing wrong with Razer as well considering half its headquarters are in the US of A.

Hmmm interesting,
And looking on gearbest has reminded me of the 10% GST an OS purchase will attract. Another thing to consider.

Fuck, why cant it just be a k20pro with a plastic body??

Attached: poco-f2-screen-protector-e1564553548542.jpg (600x600, 52K)

Good. I don't like movable parts. And I can hide the notch anyway.

Mi 9T not yet released?

hopefully it's cheaper than the K20 and has an OLED screen

If I am only going to use it mostly on gaming should I get the poco or the new k20pro performance and durability wise. Thinking of using it for 3-4 years.

Trips of truth.
They aint cheap - wont hurt to have a spare

Attached: Oh Eduardo.jpg (634x949, 126K)

Fuck, they ARE cheap - must be close to bed time here

Samsung cant experiment with their Note and S series, and it isnt meant for experimenting, they are their flagships for (((business people))) to compete iShit.
Not made for zoomers and gaymers, just reliable phones without any hardware moving shit.
>Im not promothing them nor being on Samshit side, just saying

There you have Mi A3 with 720p OLED cheaper than k20...
>think before you give spying chinks more lame ideas

How many Hollywood stars are American citizens and chinks at the same time?
Chinese stars in China have to use chinkshit so the PRC can spy on them.

LCD is fine bro

It's garbage. Zero improvements over the Note 9. Zero. The Note 11 will be better.

That depends entirely on how much you're willing to spend. K20 Pro is better in every way but it's also in a different price range.

They have to play it safe, these 2 years got us nothing more than ditching sd, 3.5mm, bezel-mindless shit, holes, notches and just milking money (prices rising just because design, hardware nothing special, camera mostly) to invest it in R&D for something more meaninful? We can just hope and cope.

Smartphone cameras won't get better until the sensors get bigger.

The k20 might be on my price range, but I think maybe the poco is enough to play psp,ps or nds emulator, the heavy game I play might just be honkai impact. It has been starting to lag in my current phone I am considering to get poco but the k20 pro then released. That why I am at lost here should I just stick to poco or go for k20 I spend 6-12 hour on weekend playing mobile game. Other than that just browsing social media and watch netflix.

Well, iPhones and Pixels are as Chinese as everything else.

Attached: 1564572135913.png (768x576, 452K)

Just get the Poco then, it will handle those games fine and you clearly don't need all the extra bells and whistles the K20 Pro offers. Maybe wait for the Poco F2 if you're not in a hurry.
>netflix
Also I'm pretty sure the K20 Pro can't watch Netflix in HD because DRM bullshit

>tfw they got iron man to do a 1+ ad and now everyone thinks they're an american company
whatever it takes

yeah I might see how the f2 spec and prices are first. Thanks for mentioning.

this is just my personal bias, but Poco is less likely to get screen burn in of emulator buttons since it's LCD unlike K20 Pro's OLED screen. It should be able to handle emulation perfectly fine even if the K20 Pro is very slightly smoother.

It released like a month ago

But it will still run emulator smoothly right, I think only that matters. In 2019 I think poco is a safe choice then considering that I can change it since it is cheap.

do people still watch netflix?

OK

It has rubber seals around the ports/sim tray. Look some test online, it will survive bathing in your shit and getting submerged.

What phone would you recommend i buy for my son, so they stop bullying him at school?

Redmi Note 7

They don't bully him because his phone

>Redmi Note 7
why do you want his son to be forced to suck off all jocks at the school?

because it's hot as fuck desu

Attached: Feels bad man.png (246x246, 114K)

Sonim XP8 so if they keep fucking with him at least he can use the phone as a weapon

Can somebody explain to me Oppo's phones? There's way too many letters and it's not clear what each of the prefixes mean.
>F series
>A series
>R series
>Find series
>Reno series
What segment do each of the series fill?

I did it. I ordered the redmi note 7 4gb/64gb
Are you proud of me?

The software end isn't run in China though. They're just manufactured and assembled there.

>The software end isn't run in China though
I mean, who cares really? Pixels have a selling point of being developer friendly and you should be using a custom ROM anyway. There's still Google apps and there's no reason to trust any company ever.

OnePlus stands leagues above other chinkphones, no surprise they wanna stand out from the sea of chinkshit.

I'm talking about celebrities. They won't use phones with Chinese software, and they certainly won't use custom ROMs.

Yes, good job.

Why would the Mi A2 Lite be any worse than the Pocomeme based on my requirements?
it has the same battery, it's made out of aluminum unlike the platicpoco, it has a bigger frequency coverage, screen should be around the same quality and it seems to have a stable lineageos rom
>muh 8gb RAM
>muh processor
I want a phone, and maybe a music player. I don't want to play some retarded shit with it
Are there any good reasons to disregard the Mi A2 Lite?

Very good choice.

>notch

Just buy it retard, if you're not a gaymer you won't notice a thing.

Poco has a better camera

still best phone for the money

Bought 3 tempered glass protectors for my new Mi 9T. I have applied a whole lot of screen protectors to different phones, but I have never seen one do this.

All the air under the protector went away real fast, until it came to the corners. I cant push it out anymore. It looks kinda wierd when the phone is on.

Did I get chinked? Should I order some new ones?
Any recommendations? I

Attached: 67453660_922202944785699_5360197598625923072_n.jpg (2093x3720, 846K)

more like Mi 90 m i rite

Either you got the wrong size (happened to me when the shop I bought my Poco from chinked me with a Mi 8 screen protector, I had to replace it myself with one that fits the Poco properly) or the Mi 9T screen curve is such that it's not possible for a screen protector to cover the whole screen area and also not have air at the edges. If it's the former you'll have to order a new one, if it's the latter you could try and squirt some clear oil in there which will fill the air gap