developers.cloudflare.com/1.1.1.1/commitment-to-privacy/privacy-policy/firefox/
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18250736
twitter.com/ISPAUK/status/1146725374455373824
ispa.org.uk/ispa-withdraws-mozilla-internet-villain-nomination-and-category/
doh.securedns.eu/dns-query
eff.org/deeplinks/2018/09/esni-privacy-protecting-upgrade-https
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How do I fix this?

Attached: 1538001249260.png (1137x398, 44K)

Attached: file.png (354x153, 4K)

I did that last week and hardcoded 1.1.1.1 into it

don't use cf dns lol
I use this nextdns.io/privacy

Looks like I'm fucked for the last one if it's not achievable in Chrome

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 9.10.59 PM.png (2288x744, 211K)

Yeah that doesn't seem sketchy at all...

But why doesn't cloudflare's own DNS support encrypted SNI?

It doesn't like that I set my upstream router to use CloudFlare DNS while my devices use the router to resolve.

user opennic dns faaaagots

So you also have to enable
network.security.esni.enabled;true
I'm all set

Attached: 1547135761359.png (1132x406, 43K)

now it will give you the said error and you will have to refresh some pages like that person said

>can't even probe me

Attached: SS3723.png (1133x355, 19K)

linoox user detected

I fail everything, what does it mean?

That you're not a virgin

you have AIDS

Windows keeps resetting my adapter DNS settings every update.

I DONT EVEN CONTROL MY COMPUTER

I thought firefox would be better than this

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-31 Cloudflare ESNI Checker Cloudflare .png (1160x358, 42K)

What dns should i use Jow Forums?

this is toight, set up my system to use this as dns on router, now blocking all major social media.

Attached: ufmCmeGYCWI2opcxxK9JVAfrAFx.jpg (1920x1080, 344K)

I have nothing to hide

Attached: 2019-07-31-130607_1141x373_scrot.png (1141x373, 69K)

Then disable TLS

how

>Anybody listening on the wire can see the exact website you made a TLS connection to.
Is there any way for me to check if someone is sniffing my traffic?

Same on my desktop

Attached: Screenshot_20190731-065241_Firefox.jpg (1080x2032, 505K)

>But why doesn't cloudflare's own DNS support encrypted SNI?
It does. I'm using it here

Works here. Learn to use about:config. I though Jow Forums would be smarter than this.

>s there any way for me to check if someone is sniffing my traffic?
ping google.com
if it says "ttl=55" then someone is listening

The first two are not issues with the web browser

ITT: fearmongers.

Computing privacy and respect for the right to freedom as an end user is not a joke. Either be part of the solution or enable the problem, it is everyone’s responsibility.

disable-reenable your network adapter? This is basis network reset. If you're a dumbass sheep, you should restart your computer

I get random results every time I rerun the test

Lol I installed Stubby to get DNS over TLS but it's still saying i may not be using a secure DNS. Wireshark shows traffic on 853 so im assuming theyre only checking if the DNS IP is 1.1.1.1?

>cloudflare botnet
no thanks

opennic doesnt do DOH/DOT

I have network.trr.mode set to 3 and the test still tells me that "My browser did not encrypt the SNI when visiting this page." just like it happens to that user.
Furthermode, I'm using DNS-over-HTTPS in Firefox, and test also tells me that "I may not be using secure DNS."

Is this a joke, ?

See

>cuckflare

Attached: 1564580799472.jpg (990x681, 223K)

Okay, now it just says that "I may not be using secure DNS."

I tried to set DNS-over-HTTPS to Cloudflare in Firefox's settings, but for some strange reason, not a single page works if I do that, so I just went back to Quad9 (dns.quad9.net/dns-query).

>ttl=55
It says "ttl=48" on my end. Am I safe?

see Are the basics of networking lost on nu-Jow Forums? Jesus Christ

I win the game :D

its not showing up for me either,
I have had the same DoH settings in about config for months, so this evidently does not apply

Attached: Screenshot_20190731_065313.png (1659x619, 108K)

Nice

Attached: something.png (1153x382, 66K)

57 on mine. Is it bad?

>network.security.esni.enabled;true

where do I execute that command through firefox

encrypted SNI won't help much unless with cloudflare Wix, etc... websites, because otherwise the destination IP in L3 already resolves to the desired domain

I did, and pages still don't work.
I even made sure to set my ISP's DNS settings and only set Cloudflare in the DNS-over-HTTPS setting, but pages STILL don't work, so it's probably a problem with the setting on itself. Maybe Cloudflare changes the URL that Firefox uses or something.

It's a preference, and you set it in about:config or a user.js file, newfren.

Nothing to Hide®

Attached: kek.png (2714x778, 316K)

ttl=56
phew, barely safe here

Same outcome on Chrome+uMatrix

try hardcoding 1.1.1.1 into it
innetwork.trr.bootstrapAddress;1.1.1.1

Alright, now we're talking.

These are the trr related preferences that I use in my user.js, in case anyone else needs them.
user_pref("network.trr.uri", "mozilla.cloudflare-dns.com/dns-query");
user_pref("network.trr.bootstrapAddress", "1.1.1.1");
user_pref("network.trr.mode", 3);

Yep, it's working.
Thank you !

Attached: screenshot.png (1360x738, 68K)

No problem, but be aware that every few hours it stops working for some reason until you restart the browser. I couldn't find out why yet. At least on my PC.

>user_pref("network.trr.uri", "mozilla.cloudflare-dns.com/dns-query");
So now Cloudflare knows every domain you visit?

There are other providers you can choose
github.com/curl/curl/wiki/DNS-over-HTTPS#publicly-available-servers
But Mozilla ((negotiated))) a (((deal))) with Cloudflare that Cloudflare wouldn't store too much info on Firefox users.

developers.cloudflare.com/1.1.1.1/commitment-to-privacy/privacy-policy/firefox/

tried everything itt to get the last one working and it doesnt work (firefox)

All you need is these three
network.trr.mode;3
innetwork.trr.bootstrapAddress;1.1.1.1
network.security.esni.enabled;true

did it and it didnt work. then i restarted the browser and it worked. so i guess restart the browser if it doesnt seem to be working for anyone. first one worked without restart.

Attached: 2019-07-31 11_07_08.png (1267x348, 45K)

>innetwork.trr.bootstrapAddress
It's network.trr.bootstrapAddress.

Yes. If you’re not using their shit they will say you’re insecure. Ignore it.

ESNI needs to be system wide, that's just for Firefox.

I wonder if ESNI could be used as p2p tool.

esni is a browser feature, and it currently only works on firefox. it's also still in development and - this is crucial - it does not respect your hosts file. another dns similar to cloudflare is tenta. i like tenta for DoT a little more because of its opennic root options.

see:
ESNI is not good yet. DoT and DoH (and DNSCrypt) are all great. Use one of the latter, don't use the former until it's more mature. ESNI bypasses the system hosts file on all OSes.

sorry, see:

yes goyim send your data to cloudflare
they promised not to store your data. don't you trust them?

kek

> just send all your DNS querries through jewgle goyim

After looking at their privacy policy I do. Does whoever you use get audited annually by a professional company with a good reputation? Cloudflare basically knows what site you visit anyways since almost everyone uses their services on websites.

Waterfox doesnt support TLS1.3?

ESNI is a firefox-only feature, and it bypasses the system's hosts file on every OS: news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18250736

ESNI needs about another year to mature before the average user should start using it. It is currently an unsafe option being advertised by idiots who don't understand what it is.

Use DoH, DoT, or DNSCrypt. There are DNS servers outside of cloudflare that support these technologies as well (e.g. tenta and blah and certain opennic servers).

This is not a joke. If you use ESNI you're falling for one though.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-31 Is it me or If they’re willing to convert all their customers to ESNI at o H (1327x645, 89K)

I block domains at router level for my whole network. I don't bother using a hosts file for each individual device. and some devices you can't use a host file.

esni will bypass your router's hosts file as well.

I'll have to test it out. I use ublock origin on all browsers anyways so maybe thats why didn't notice.

FYI, 1.1.1.1 isn't Google, it's Cloudflare.

Attached: 1f921.png (512x512, 63K)

i use openwrt routers with ip and hosts blocking at home, and when i realized what was going on with esni and trusted recursive resolvers i immediately disabled it. i use a mid-sized hosts file on the routers and a supplementary hosts file on each client device. with esni and trr on, firefox bypassed both.

>ESNI is a firefox-only feature, and it bypasses the system's hosts file on every OS
Why does such a thing even exist? What's the benefit of doing that?

>professional company with a good reputation
you mean KPMG? the company that audited Equifax before it got breached in 2017?

Attached: 1493196970684.jpg (500x375, 11K)

using esni (in combination with DoT or DoH or DNSCrypt) - in a world where every site supports esni - would theoretically hide *all* your web browsing from your ISP and other potential unwanted listeners. it's a great goal, but esni is nowhere near as mature as DoT, DoH, or DNSCrypt. using one of the latter three on your router hides a significant amount of traffic anyway.

twitter.com/ISPAUK/status/1146725374455373824

>using esni (in combination with DoT or DoH or DNSCrypt) - in a world where every site supports esni - would theoretically hide *all* your web browsing from your ISP and other potential unwanted listeners.
Sounds like an awesome goal indeed. How does ESNI help with that though?
I don't understand what does blocking a hosts file (a file that lets you block malicious IP addresses from ever forming a connection with you) achieve towards that goal. It sounds counterproductive to me.
Then again, I don't know shit about these matters, so pls be patient with me.

That doesn't really answer my questions.

Besides: ispa.org.uk/ispa-withdraws-mozilla-internet-villain-nomination-and-category/

I don't argue with a brainlet but you have already answered your question here , faggot

latest version of chrome WHAT THE FUCK

Attached: Untitled.png (1194x302, 38K)

This is mine with fully updated chrome.

Attached: 2019-07-31 13_08_59.png (1179x418, 55K)

>It sounds counterproductive to me.
It's still being developed. Firefox is just the first browser to start implementing it.

I set my DNS to doh.securedns.eu/dns-query and trr mode to 2 but it doesn't seem to do anything? I still get a webpage from my ISP if I put an incorrect address in.

>people on Jow Forums unironically use chrome as their personal browser

Attached: 1555038461473.jpg (766x960, 80K)

one joo by another name is still a joo
you have a point though

>WAKE ME UP INSIDE

Attached: WAKE ME UP.png (1142x589, 57K)

same
feels good

Bypassing the hosts file is a design flaw that will hopefully be resolved, but it is a big one, and it's why most people should not be using ESNI yet. As to how it works (or is intended to work): eff.org/deeplinks/2018/09/esni-privacy-protecting-upgrade-https but bear in mind that a site needs to support ESNI in order for it to work with your browser at all. When it works, It encrypts the address and certificate of the site you connected to securely, being the one missing piece in the puzzle after you enable DoT or DoH on your router with a secure DNS service. With a secure DNS service your DNS resolver is much harder to hijack. By connecting to sites over HTTPS, your activity on those sites is obfuscated to third parties. By using DoT or DoH (or DNSCrypt) the DNS requests you generate cannot be accessed by third parties. By using ESNI (with sites that support the protocol), the address and certificate of the secure site you connected to cannot be viewed by third parties. The problems with ESNI are currently that A. It's a one-browser-only solution. B. Utilizing it bypasses hosts files. C. Many sites do not support ESNI (though most sites hosted via cloudflare now do). Until issue B is fixed though, then it presents a new security risk of its own, especially in large network environments.

Attached: 2019-07-31 13_26_04.png (1231x461, 66K)

I've set systemd-resolve to use DoT and it says I'm using secure DNS.

Cloudflare's ESNI / DoT test page only checks whether you're using its 1.1.1.1 / 1.0.0.1 DNS in that regard, yes.