UPS Thread

What you got? How long you have it? Is it stable? How many times it failed? How loud it is? etc.

Attached: aAUsjiQ.jpg (2342x1756, 557K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gu0-3cyCZp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>pinchy

Some weird international import thing that I got because it has an external battery jack - so I strapped three 100Ah batteries to it (36 volt system).
About five years.
As a fucking rock. I threw one of my breakers a few weeks ago. I only noticed something was wrong when I tried to turn the ceiling light on, and nothing happened.
Once. Completely drained out my batteries in the aftermath of a cyclone. Took three days, and unsurprisingly, it wouldn't power anything for more than a couple of hours after that. So, off to the local Jaycar for new batteries and an empty wallet.
Surprisingly little for a unit with a 3kW toroidal inverter.

Hey I have that same UPS rigged to a car battery too!

Attached: DSCN5088.jpg (3264x2448, 1.68M)

I have a CyberPower 1000va for like 10 years. It has never failed and has been used 100s of time during 100s of power outages, spikes, brownouts, etc. It has saved me something like $500/year and tons of headache from data loses. I fucking love it.

It doesn't make a single sound unless the power is off then there's an alarm which is just a single loud beeeeep every few seconds. I'm sure I'll need to replace the battery eventually. When I do I'll just hook an array to it.

Attached: 1486683508472.jpg (786x777, 204K)

>CyberPower 1000va

Attached: LX1000G_F.jpg (2000x2000, 1.02M)

I'm working on modifying some cheap cyberpower ones.

I just got an old APC unit with no battery a few days ago, bought a 168Wh battery for it. Once I get another free old one I'll be picking up a 660Wh battery for it

What are you putting in? 18650s?

>buying switches from some IT guy with a warehouse garage of discards
>Gives me two old UPS he isn't sure even work
>Server tower and wan gear all live on these mystery boxes
>Can run network for an hour after power failure
>Have been there 3 years through many construction induced power failures
Not gonna rock the boat, don't even remember what they are, sometimes when I walk past one I pet it and tell it to keep up the good work.

i have a APC UPS Pro 1000. no fails, nothing of noise, in more or less 3 years i never have an issue with it. he make his work and that's all what i ask.

Attached: D66C85EA1D49F7048525775B006E4E6F_SLIE_877RLR_f_v_hi.jpg (990x1600, 192K)

Was gonna buy one of these but put off by the fact that the replacement batteries don't seem to even be available in the UK.

Possibly if I setup a multi cell charger.
Or I'll take the board place it inside a battery enclosure and cut out spots for the serial port, USB, ect.
Rewire some switches for power/speakerbypass.

I want to add a dedicated QC 3.0 port that bypasses the DC>DC converter and instead taps right into the battery with a switch for maximum effeciency.

You have to use a controller that shuts off the power when the batteries are low or it will kill them.

APC BackupUPS 550, fairly old because I'm on the second battery but easy to replace the battery inside.

Attached: 81Ap6jVpkTL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1000, 134K)

positive and negative are both red wires, that's a bold move

Negative's labeled on both ends with electrical tape

I want something like this to power sbcs 24/7 off grid. I also long for the day when you can select the battery type on UPSs, between SLA, Litium ion and LiFePO4. Preferably LiFePO4 cause they last forever without replacing. I could have a sbc running remotely for years without maintenance.

Attached: CPSHB300ETR.png (568x302, 115K)

and this becoming standard on UPSes.

Attached: Socket-Type-Icon-UN.png (80x80, 18K)

Been tempted to get a UPS as my area is prone to power outages. I've lost enough data to warrant it in my opinion, but the cost of most of these fuckers is out of my reach. Why would I pay quadruple or more of what I paid for my PSU? For the few minutes of leniency to save my data? At that rate I'll just switch to something with configurable auto drafts.

is it possible to configure the system to turn off when it detects use UPS?

Isn't that what their RS-232/USB ports are for?

Or at least a percentage metre. Watch the technology connections video. Hes epic

i think about UART

scenario, I have a 24/7 PC running but oh no lack of energy and is still running by UPS. how to schedule a computer shutdown when will he start using it?

The fan is very loud. I hope it dies soon so I can buy another UPS that is both branded and doesn't come with a bloody fan that turns on even at idle(not using battery power).

They are 12 volts so I'm just going to get a car battery. Those are also 12 volts. Basically, the same as in the OP image.

>LiFePO4 12v 100ah
>near $1k

God damn, those are also going up in price. I think I'll stick to SLA for like $130, locally, at 12v 105ah. At least if they fail in 5 years I can replace them for cheap and can replace them like 5 times (25years for 5 sets) before the cost reaches that of the LiFePO4.

How do I calculate the time remaining for for my UPS?
I've got one and hooked it to my router, I can still get internet even in power outage.

Attached: __sakurai_shinichi_uzaki_hana_and_uzaki_tsuki_uzaki_chan_wa_asobitai_drawn_by_hews_hack__sample-1c67 (850x1081, 219K)

>anal beads

I have a similar apc ups 900VA. In fact I have four of those, one at home and two at work, one at our cabin. They're quite good for the price.

I've never seen a power supply with external backup batteries. Could you elaborate?

I'm stupid sorry o thought we were discussing normal power supplies not UPS. I'm retarded sorry.

Just don't be this guy
youtube.com/watch?v=Gu0-3cyCZp4