Why are their GPUs so much better than AMDs?

Why are their GPUs so much better than AMDs?

Attached: unnamed (8).jpg (900x900, 44K)

Third reply at the latest will be AMDtards screeching.

Nvidia can split their graphics cards into two product lines (Quadro and GeForce). While AMD has one product line that tries to do both (The workstation cards are basically the same as the consumer cards except for pro drivers)

Short answer: Nvidia has money and rtg has basically none.

CUDA.
And since I don't use tendorflow I don't care much about TPUs

This, and I'm surprised their are not amdfag shitposter itt

They have more resources, it's a miracle that AMD can compete at all.

Wrong, real reason nvidia is better is entirely down to the fact that since 2012 AMD has been peddling an inefficient compute oriented architecture as graphics arch even though gcn is literally trash at rendering.

Clock for clock navi is a solid 50% performance increase over vega and still more efficient regardless of 7nm. And the architecture itself is hardly any different than gcn other than they changed the way the shader engines are divided, and added more ROPs. Ya know things people had been telling them to do ever since gcn came out.

The same retarded version of amd that came up with bulldozer is the same retarded amd that made gcn. And while it does dominate nvidia in terms of simple math (radeon vii matches 2080ti flops with less shaders), thats literally all its good for and doesnt scale beyond compute

Bigger R&D budget.

Are they really though?

Attached: Screenshot_20190720011802_Firefox.jpg (1080x1423, 460K)

>it's a miracle that AMD can compete at all
It's not. NVIDIA doesn't need to be 5 steps of AMD even if they could be (though they probably can't). Their goal is to suck up the most money from you, not to sell the most advanced products they could possibly make. They are motivated to release something that is just good enough to stay ahead and have people buy it, not to release the best possible product they could. It's probably better for their bottom line to portion out the upgrades and have people pay multiple times.

Better people for driver launch and research multiple computer arch at same time, plus own supercomputer for simulate new chips.

Radeon group in AMD was staved during zen developer and just now developer Navi for consoles pay by Microsoft and Sony.

And what happens if you enable ray tracing on both cards?

i can guarantee you that the framerate on the AMD cards will be higher.

Attached: chinese animation.gif (220x213, 344K)

>navi
>raytracing
>high framerates
pick 2

the joke is that AMD cards don't have raytracing. based retard

And my point is if AMD cards tried to raytrace they would be slower than nvidia cards, hence being worse

They actually know how to write functional drivers for their hardware

>unironically considering paying for memetracing
get yourself a 1070ti zoom zoom

Attached: zoom zoom.gif (478x350, 84K)

Yes. Better performance, higher graphics quality, better drivers, silent.

Turing has been an overpriced and overdue flop though. And Nvidia is stuck with RT cores & Tensor for the next three years.
RDNA 2.0 Says Hello from the Future.

>just wait for rx500s!
>just wait for vega!
>just wait for 7nm!
>just wait for navi!
>just wait for AIB!
>(NEW) just wait for RDNA 2.0!

>RDNA 2.0 Says Hello from the Future
Rdna 2 is going to get dunked on when nvidia moves to 7nm. In fact nvidia could port Turing to 7nm and AMD would have to make a jump just as big as they did from GCN to RDNA to keep up, and you know nvidia is going to deliver a new uarch concurrently with the new process. The fact that navi on 7nm is barely a match for 12nm turing is a sign that AMD is fucked after this generation

>B-b-b-ut muh gaymes!

Attached: Embarrassing.png (468x961, 59K)

AMD is cheap trash for niggers

What about 5700xt die being only 251mm2 and 2070s have 545mm2 die while both performing the same ?

Navi is good enough, just have to wait for these ASRock cards w/ref boards. Two more weeks.

im excited to see where intel goes with their gpus

learn the language, pajeet

This is fascinating. The mental gymnastics humans are capable of performing to cope with information they don't like is always so fun to observe.

"Well, in this one theoretical test I assume the one I like is better!! Thus it wins!"

I mean, this is the sort of thing you expect young children to say as their reasoning. No surprises how fucked the planet is when you realise how useless people are at basically anything they attempt. This guy is probably an adult and meant to be the fabric of society. Horrifying.

7nm has 3x the design cost and 2x the per gate cost. The only time 7nm is almost as cheap as 12nm is when 7nm is at maximum density, navi is like half as dense as 7nm's max and AMD said a 7nm 250mmsq gpu costs about twice as much as a 12nm 250mmsq GPU.

The reality is AMD has next to no pricing advantage and navi almost certainly cost significantly more to design

>buy much games
Can you use and GPUs for anything else?
It's not like amd has cuda, or anything.

you sound extraordinarily fragile, maybe reddit is more your tempo?

>higher graphics quality
>novideo
Kek

>The same retarded version of amd that came up with bulldozer is the same retarded amd that made gcn
Dunno, first gen GCN seemed pretty good when it first came out. The problem was that they weren't really improving on it aside from increasing frequency and adding more vram.

>RDNA 2.0 Says Hello from the Future.
Suuure, we have literally zero data on how AMD's implementation will do against RTX. But keep droning,

Drivers.

>It's not like amd has cuda, or anything.
I'm pretty sure OpenCL counts as "anything"

Enjoy your botnet drivers and shoddy hardware, nvidiots.
If you don't go all AMD, you're a moron. Intel and nvidia are expensive garbage for fucking morons with no significant gains.

>OpenCL
It would count if it was better, and not available on nvidia hardware.

But it's not worse, it's just that Nvidia had CUDA before OpenCL on a GPU became a thing.

Oh well. I guess I'll just have to 'sound fragile' in my Jow Forums posts. How will I ever recover?

Budget support I guess.

AMD isn't exactly a massively rich company like Intel or Nvidia, they can't afford the R&D for a CPU line and GPU line, so one of them ends up shit, in this case their cards are utter shit, but they have good processors again.

Software usually performs better with cuda enabled, and it's not hard to find something you need that already uses cuda.

because you don't run linux

I don't care. It's not like anyone really needs much more than an RX 580 and that's dirt cheap for what you're getting.

Yeah but it's kinda sad how obsolete Polaris suddendly looks compared to RDNA

AMD is primarily a cpu company. They only have radeon for their apu. Since nvidia is scared of getting fucked by the government over their literal monopoly (they literally bought every other gpu maker), they pay AMD to pretend to compete with them.

But aren't amd actually better on linux? Wanna switch to linux...

Only if you want to go full open-source, Nvidia is still better if you're running proprietary drivers.

Series 700 are the best, as they work with free software. Then intel gpu are the best for the same reason, then amdgpu cards are the best, as they have free drivers, although it requires nonfree firmware

Oh I don't mind mixing them, was still actually considering AMD as far as CPU goes for the build I'm gonna do once I have the money. But after win7 I really just want to go to linux.

Its slated for a 2020 release yet there are no rumors and no news

If its a real product we would have heard something by now

Who is making these GPUs? Intel can't even supply CPUs properly and they have abandoned the desktop market

Will Intel go to a third party manufacturer to build their GPUs? I highly doubt they'll pay TSMC since they consider TSMC to be a real threat, they'll probably pay off Samsung to spite TSMC for jumpstarting AMD

Pooduri and Jim Keller will annihilate AMD one way or another, it'd be hilarious if Intel shits on Radeon

>raytracing
kys

5700xt is smaller than a 2070 with no RT cores shrunk to 7nm

CUDA

hardware based ray tracing at this point is nothing to write home about