What products do you own that have the same price/quality ratio of a Thinkpad?

What products do you own that have the same price/quality ratio of a Thinkpad?

In other words: pay almost nothing, get a high-end product in return.

Attached: 5cmb27gk1yyz[1].jpg (1280x720, 122K)

>pay almost nothing
thinkpads now cost more than macs

>He buys the newest products

Attached: 1562509008418.png (629x504, 36K)

>pretending to code
>actually browsing a subreddit dedicated to thinkpads
sounds about right for a thinkpad owner.

every tech product is high value if you buy old and used. not unique to thinkpads in any way.

It's a random image I took from the internet, now stay on-topic. I know it's hard for you with that attention span, just try.

everything Huawei

old Hondas. My favorite old honda is the honda prelude from around 1999 with the h22 engine. Great car.

Just make sure paco hasn't gotten his hands on it first.

Casio watches and calculators.

Tecsun radios.

my moto g6 play goes for 100 brand new and its actually a pretty good phone
high end products are just scams

My Redmi Note 4X.

>$120
>fast
>full HD screen
>great battery
>full Lineage OS support
>no notch
>headphone jack

I'll be using it as long as it lasts.

steve jobs area macbooks. roasties, whores, basedboys and cucks think the newer throttlebooks with butterfly keyboards are better, so they buy the new expensive shit and sell the old high quality computers for literally nothing

wtf, does basedboys filter to basedboys

My top purchases in terms of price/quality:

>Thinkpad T420
>Casio F91W
>Chinese safety razor
>Opinel n9 (carbon)
>Xiaomi Piston 3
>Nitecore Tip (keychain flashlight)
>MagicForce68 mech keyboard
>Logitech g203

And forgot to add, Seiko SNK809 for 44 bucks from Japan.

hp elitebook 2570p
>$105
>12"
>easier to service than thinkpad
>dual sata3 drives by replacing dvd
>raid 0 thru bios
>cpu upgradeable to a proper quad core (put an i7-3632qm in)
>thiccc

Attached: janktop.jpg (4032x3024, 1.06M)

Thinkpads have experienced the Honda Civic effect, they were memed so much for their fabled "durability" (mainly by you faggots), it became a cult, and then Reddit found out, and then they went up in price and are less cost effective compared to alternatives. Especially x60 and xx00 models now average way, way more than their usable worth. An HP Elitebook or a Dell Precision are much cheaper options now.

is the R420 still going strong?
>pic unrelated

Attached: 1564549955124.jpg (1812x1018, 394K)

Yep.
I got it 4 years ago for 200 bucks when something with that specs new was like 600-700.

You mean get ripped off? Laptops have always been a huge meme. If you want to actually study then use a high-grade gayman PC and actually have the best performance. You should only buy laptops for aesthetics and to show off to your friends. This is why I bought the Microsoft Surface.

I guess if you are in security then maybe Thinkpads are okay due to being supposedly unhackable. But other than that do not buy a laptop over a PC.

>playing overwatch on his geekbook
I pity you.

Attached: 20190731_095318.jpg (4032x3024, 3.03M)

Incredibly based taste, good style/10.

>Playing games

Nigger that's why I have a dedicated gaming PC. This is my professional laptop.

What laptop?

The Surface Laptop 2. I got it on sale, pretty hefty price tag for most but this thing will last me 4 years.

How long have you had the magicforce keyboard ?
I've had mine for about 2y and the "D" key is starting to fail

>Casio F91W
granted it's cheap but what kind of quality are we talking here? Just the fact that it works? Cheapest chink plastic?

Almost a year by now. My only complain was the ABS keycaps being absolute shit but I bought new ones. Got it on sale for 46 bucks, and at that time you couldn't find anything better with gaterons for that prices.

It's cheap, lightweight, surprisingly accurate and has light.
What else do you need?

ironically, this is also the answer to the question why you are an incel

>What else do you need?
good durability and materials since it is something I wear everyday. And good looks so that I don't look like a child?

You mean USED Thinkpad. Someone else paid for the quality, you got sloppy (but economical) seconds.

>thinkpads now cost more than macs
Writing this is on a $120 Thinkpad, lel.

I paid $350 for an low power music player, map, navigator, phone, calculator, camera, usb stick, browsing, videocam, videoediting, encyclopedia, dictionary, dictaphone, banking, radio, step counter, messanger, world clock device.

Funny, how in this world I do not get a shithole with a roof for that kind of money. Reminds me that the enemy of the capitalist is the rent capitalist.

Sauce laptop model

To be honest the notch is no issue at all unless you have severe crippling autism
Or are some cretin that doesn't clear notifications

I am going to speak about the /csg/ meme
Please hold your collective autistic screeching.

I purchased the Toproad Speaker for work, cost around $30 and the quality is every bit as good as the Bose SoundTouch I have at home.
Put it together with an OrangePi Zero and I have something with infinitely more features at a fraction of the cost.

Also on the /CSG/ front.
No idea why anyone would buy an Intel or similar NUC, when some of the prices from China are crazy. I have bought a couple of Celeron, i5 and i7 boxes and the prices are crazy.

On my desk I am playing with a small Celeron setup for a tiny influx DB install. About USD $100

Attached: minibox.png (1065x357, 217K)

its true. thinkpads are grossly overpriced both used and new. old laptops can be bought for $20, but if it's a thinkpad it costs $150

this beast

Attached: .jpg (400x300, 29K)

No fucking shit. But you get a hell of a lot more computer with the Thinkpad. Its like comparing a double barrel Krieghoff with an AX-MC .338 Lapua. Yeah the krieghoff is fucking beautiful but goddamn that's about where it ends. The Accuracy International on the other hand can do what the Krieghoff does AND A FUCK LOAD MORE AND IS TOUGH AS NAILS DOING IT.

Attached: swanson.jpg (780x438, 58K)

EXPOSED

It looks fucking dogshit, that's my problem with it.

lmfao no

Attached: x395prices.png (1192x1151, 244K)

That's not a real Thhinkpad.