What is the best MicroSD card Jow Forums?

Myself I like samsung.

Attached: Samsung-U3-Memory-Card-128GB-EVO-PLUS-Micro-sd-card-Class10-UHS-1-64GB-256GB-Speed.jpg_640x640.jpg (640x640, 118K)

Does brand matter for MicroSD anymore? I mean everyone from Samsung to Kingston source the chips, PCBs and plastic shells from the same factory in China anyways.

Samsung ftw

Speed matters, and different brands have different speeds.
I generally go for what the websites claim is the fastest at the time I buy one.

They all suck.

Call me when they have hardware encryption.

>Speed matters, and different brands have different speeds.
Prove it. Especially when all brands have the same speeds to compete against each other, all sourced from the same common manufacturer.

Are you that one dipshit who had problems with Android encryption?

No. I just hate inefficient shit and software encryption is inefficient, which is especially bad for mobile devices where mSD cards are used.

>Speed matters
not much, as long as it's fast enough that your device can write it's files at full speed you are going to get exceedingly marginal benefits from high speed sd cards

>Especially when all brands have the same speeds to compete against each other,
Not all brands sell 300+mb read, and 100+mb write.

Why not buy a card meant for encryption.

Attached: ps1-memory_card_grey_1.jpg (621x800, 68K)

>a card meant for encryption
What are you talking about?

Post seems self explanatory, no?

Sandisk > Samsung >>> Kingston >>>>> Shit >>> A-Data

Can't tell about other brands

Yeah I guess that one is good aswell.

SanDisk

SanDisk and Samsung are top tier, followed by PNY. Just avoid Kingston and Adata, you'll be fine.

Jow Forums only knows about mainstream pleb brands, and bitches about increepshun, and says speeds don't matter.

Any reason to avoid Kingston and Adata?

Not him but Adata is shit that gets write protected just because

also not him but my experience with kingston is they're usually overpriced

For my camera I use a sandisk extreme pro. Its funny because it was dollar for dollar worse that the t5 i use as primary storage for my camera

shork

you get benefits from copying data from the card which will be much faster then needed to record.

YES, brand matters alot but how much weight you give it depends on need/application/budget.

Its a balancing act between best performance vs best price vs warranty honorers
I would pay a bit more for a company that honors warranty and take a performance hit then go for a faster card that doesn't, and samsung is more or less sitting king on the best of everything but you pay for that performance.

I just get the cheapest one.
Considering a $16 Lexar 128GB, cheapest I can get that is U3 and A1 class.

>you get benefits from copying data from the card which will be much faster then needed to record.
you save a small percentage of time in a very infrequent event that you can just set to transfer and leave, it's not nearly worth the premium of high speed cards

SanDisk

i only buy no name brand chinese bootleg cards and i havent had a problem yet.

Anything with UHS-II interface.

Anything less is a speed meme.

Best microSDHCs and XCs are Lexar, but they're rare and expensive as fuck.

>U3 and A1
still p slow my man

if you dont copy the data off your card then you are not in the market for a faster card, congratulations on figuring that out. I use cameras for work, copying the data and it going at near ssd speeds is well worth the extra cost to me but if I just listen to music on a phone or something, fuck it, capacity matters more then speed.

Samsung memory is pretty based. micro sd,ssd,emmc, ram chip and even vram chip is pretty good.