Flash is finally kill. Will you miss it?

Flash is finally kill. Will you miss it?

Press F to pay respects

9to5google.com/2019/07/30/chrome-76-mac-windows-stable/

Attached: Screenshot_20190731_160602.jpg (1080x777, 163K)

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5google.com/2019/07/18/chrome-incognito-loophole/
bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/
youtube.com/watch?v=0QAVquq9bNs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Flash is finally kill.
>blocked by default
>meaning it will still come with the browser
A-user...

S

The fuck is "detecting incognito mode"?

When is Manifest v3 coming out?

Some websites (usually yellow journalism websites) were detecting browsers in incognito mode and forcing them to log in if they want to see the content. This was meant to prevent people from reading more than their allotted 5 articles per month, enforced using cookies.

Based Google is now preventing them from detecting you're in incognito mode.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-07-31 09-39-39.png (321x185, 14K)

S

Rest in piss.

I would assume that in previous versions websites had some way of figuring out if you were in incognito or not, and that now they should be unable to.

flash was already disabled by default. you have to click flash elements to enable them

>The fuck is "detecting incognito mode"?
Many sites like Jew York Times are starting to detect if you are in incognito mode (thus bypassing their limits on how many articles you can read for free) and block you from reading their site at all

Attached: Screenshot_20190731_165134.jpg (1080x1265, 198K)

MY Flash games NOOOOO

>flash was already disabled by default. you have to click flash elements to enable them

Now even that is disabled by default. Flash is completely unavailable unless you change a flag in the Chrome settings. No normies are going to do that. They won't receive a prompt to enable flash when they come across it on the web unless they've changed this chrome flag

Steve Jobs gave us DRM-less music and killed flash.

If only he was alive a little while longer

S

I play a flash game that has some people and those will change the flag and use the insecure non updatable Flash player to keep playing the game. The Chinese will not port the game to HTML5

Thank god.
Now I can print this out for all the boomers in the office that insist they need flash and fucking silverlight still.

>Steve Jobs gave us DRM-less music
????????

>iToddler is a retard
Shocking

How is it even detectable? Shouldn't private mode simply remove cookies and such after closing the session, and otherwise be exactly the same as normal?

>silverlight
Oh, god, I forgot that thing existed.

I've literally never owned an Apple product you daft cunt, I'm saying that the faggot never did such a thing.

It's been blocked by default for at least a year now.

He wasn't talking about you, obviously, you fucking retard. Dear god how some people are so utterly fucking stupid.

Java dead when?

no new flash content is being made and i have you can download adobe flash debugger to view your swfs.
sites like that are worthless.

Attached: mpv-shot0002.jpg (420x227, 25K)

9to5google.com/2019/07/18/chrome-incognito-loophole/

Some people want or need flash. My bank has flash "captcha".

*projector

yeah. you can get it from debugger page.

Press F for the end of a meme.

Attached: 7e9ad2fe993d8917512203b3a122ceff98eb8937.gif (468x60, 34K)

Now they just need to block HTML

>banks use flash
how horrific

Im sure my cunt boss will still insist on that piece of shit because thsts all he knows.

bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/
there is project trying to backup flashes so check it out

Click to allow is not blocked by default.

All this will do is make people who still use flash confused and they will install malware flash player pro or similar garbage since they can't get the real flash installer to work.

My workplace required me to use ActiveX to install software. I have also used Silverlight recently. Flash is a long way from being dead.

Attached: grab.gif (360x264, 1.17M)

Is it also in https until you get to a login page where it strips down to http because they can't into certs?

Change your bank bro.

Jow Forums should have flash captcha

Attached: 1559537393362.jpg (1920x1080, 211K)

this

>flash is finally kill
Welcome to 2015, Chrome. Jesus fuck.

no i won't
too bad for old internet stuff though

>no new flash content is being made
Tell that to /f/

Fuck me man, flash was truly an amazing pinnacle of creativity. Not only was so much of the content brilliant, it was also interactive.
Now all we have is shitty tiktok/youtube videos to fill the void, and poorly at that. Truly, the end of an era.

I uninstalled flash like 8 years ago, why are people still talking about it?

Getting an error when trying to use the Javascript filesystem APIs in incognito mode. Chrome now serves up a purely memory-based representation of an empty filesystem instead.

Why would you even want to read one article from them?

how will creative people make animations and games now though

Rip to so many legendary flash games.

RIP Bruno, Abbacchio, Narancia

I need flash to play realm of the mad god

Steam version doesn't require it.

rip

Stop being retarded

>tfw Internet Explorer 11 plays Flash files automatically, without a prompt

I will never stop using Flash.

Attached: desktop_capture.png (1892x1156, 405K)

S

RIP /f/

RIP Homestar Runner

let me rephrase that - no new and good flash content is being made. although to their credit they're just dumb zoomers who are trying to learn how to do it. right now they're just converting videos to swfs but if they learn something like adobe flash or flashdevelop they may be onto something.

Already have the standalone version and I'm sure someone will write an extension/plugin/whatever to work around it

It's been a while since Chrome was the de facto standard of the Internet. Right now it's fairly split. A lot of people are moving away from Chrome onto one of the Chromium based browsers or onto something else (especially in favor of privacy), and it's been a shit show for a lot of developers.

That said, Flash really deserves death. While it was great at one point, it's heavy and prone to failure.

Thanks google, you did something good.

I still hope you're fined into oblivion, forced to sell your advertising empire, and made to register as a political activist organisation so that your accounts and activities are governed by campaign finance laws.

Fuck you very much.

Congrats google, you "killed" flash 9 years after Apple killed it.

Apple has never been an influence in software or web development though. It's historically always been Microsoft, Mozilla, and Google as the primary companies people tend to turn to. Mozilla lead the web after Microsoft for years after their launch, and Google took over the reigns. Apple was never really in that arena. In terms of software, there are countless other engines in use and none of them are really by or for Apple.

>Chrome 76 arrives
cool

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 12.25.11 AM.png (339x174, 18K)

s

holy shit change your bank.

Press S to spit on Flash grave

S

youtube.com/watch?v=0QAVquq9bNs

me right now.

Cringe.

When the iPad came out and flash was not supported, it became clear that it had to go.

WebKit is a big influencer and always has been, it was the first to implement HTML5 and JavaScriptCore the first to implement ES6 at 100%.

Stop using retarded shit or working for retards.

I used to use outline to read their shit, fuck these jurnos.

>Bank has captcha instead of 2fa or 3fa that locks you out after 2 failed attempts

>Detecting incognito mode
Websites could detect if Chrome fags where in private browsing mode? HAHAHAHA, very incognito, much privacy