Mac or Linux

It's understood windows is worse than mac and linux

But which is better among the two?
Mac or GNU/Linux?

Attached: mac v linuxLinux-vs-Mac-OS-15-Reasons-Why-You-Must-Use-Linux-Instead-of-Mac-OS.jpg (800x494, 39K)

lignux if you want maximum freedom
os x if you want maximum free time

pretty simple.

Linux if you are poor.

Mac if you have actual work to do.

>It's understood windows is worse than mac
Nothing is worse than fagOS

windows is objectively worse than mac os by every conceivable metric.

Stop browsing Jow Forums while in the middle of your high school classes.

You sound like a dum-dum who couldn't conceive too much tho

>mac
>work

windows has become the premiere telemetry OS. you have to be braindead to think that it is a good choice for anyone, under any circumstances. i would only use windows on a machine with no network connectivity. if you willingly use windows 10 for that matter, you shouldn't even be allowed to own a computer. this includes ltscfags. kys. ytml.

it goes like this:
BSD > LiGnux > OS X > Menuet > TempleOS > ReactOS > Syllable > Haiku > Everything Else > Windows

your OS is on the shitlist son. it's time to upgrade.

Yes, NEET. Work.

I'm an employed dev, tho.
Unlike you ^;)
Want me to tell you how exactly do I know you don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about?

>Want me to tell you how I don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about?
Nope. That was apparent from the get go. Lurk moar and work on your English skills, or find another board to spam on, you dumb winpajeet.

>linux
based
>mac os
also based
>os x
cringe

>t. dum-dum
Sheesh, user, I knew that since your first post here.

shitOS is objectively worse than windows

Attached: 1534566535842.png (696x938, 456K)

What do macs have for actual work? Genuine question, I've never seen someone be productive on a mac.

Since macfaggots all take it up the ass from fat old men for money, "work" for them means managing their grindr and instagram account.

Nah, to be fair, macs do have the same Unix-like architecture as Linux does, so porting shit there is generally much easier than doing so for Windows.
Macs mostly "just work" with stuff like Rails, Node, or whatever.
I would still pick Windows over macOS disregarding the purpose (aside from native macOS/iOS development, of course) any day. Setting up WSL or sshing to Hyper-V is a minor price to pay for Windows UI and general performance.

Linux because it works out of the box on any hardware, not just the iGarbage Apple sells.

macos for desktop
linux for server

>pajeetOS
Yeah no, I'll take the OS written by white neckbeards.

Attached: 1542461003109.png (828x1418, 166K)

>macfags dev with webshit
Makes sense

yikes

>But which is better among the two?

Better for what SPECIFIC purpose? Running the internet or media production?

If the OS matters to you, you're retarded TBQH. OS exist to run applications. I keep a variety in virtual machines because my tools exist to serve me.

As an OS nothing beats GNU+Linux, it's the least Pajeet out of the three. It's also the free person's choice, you're not restricted because "we know better than you". GNU+Linux has infinite potential because it suits any purpose as long as someone has tweaked it to that purpose as well. Nothing is restricted.

But this user has a point as well. That's why there's still place for Windows in current year. Nobody likes using it but the software support is there so it's the only choice for some people. MacOS is indeed nicer than Windows but it's pretty useless. You either go all the way to the good end or use Windows while waiting for support. There's not much need for MacOS. I would still use it if some software was only for Windows and MacOS and not for GNU+Linux, so I would only have the two to choose from. As I'm not a web designer or graphic designer (the tech world's equivalent for room decorators) I'm not in a position to need to make that decision. I just use both Windows and GNU+Linux and whenever something starts working in the latter I stop using it in the former. Eventually I'll only need one.

Pretty much this. Use whatever the fuck you want for your base OS and use VMs for everything else needed.

>poor
>don't buy mac because they are a waste of money for the hardware i actually get from them
>use linux because of freedom and tech savvy

OS matters because you're running Free software vs. non-free shit, you douchenozzle.

the fucking dock is probably the most counterproductive thing to ever exist. If i have 2 browser windows open, i have to right click the fucking icon then select which window to un-minimize based on the current tab opened...

The one that respects your freedoms and is configurable in any way you like.

well that basically sums it up
/thread

>we only need to use winbugs software to work
being this dumbfuck

linux because im straight

>lignux if you want maximum freedom
with to use you need study documentation and stuck with shitty console

macs get software designed specially for them which are cheaper or better than the ones for windows

Everything about your post gave me cancer.
Windows is by far better than Mac.
Linux is by far better than Mac.

I use both Win and Linux interchangeably. I love them both. I can't even touch a macOS without wanting to throw the computer out the window

Attached: Desktop.jpg (1920x1080, 443K)

which*

seriously linux could finally stop pretending to be 'cool' and make a fucking gui for the shit to set up, windows has ton of useless shit in the gui, why linux still can't?

Linux is just a kernel. There's plenty of distros, such as Ubuntu, that aim to be user friendly and have GUIs for most of the stuff you'll be doing regularly on your computer.

ehe, this is why you won't set up power options, won't set up intel graphic, won't set your network, won't set printer and so on and so on including advanced system options

even android has console based scripts to set up everything easily

>What do macs have for actual work?
Everything Linux hasn't.
>tfw no Solidworks port in 2019

Attached: macbook-software-kenya-nairobi-installations.jpg (800x500, 33K)

I don't use Ubuntu as a daily driver, but I have installed and used it a few times on different machines. All of those things work fine and can be set up and configured from within a GUI.

If I got a MacBook Pro would it improve my workflow? What does OSX have for productivity

Emacs.

yes it will make you the best gay prostitute around

UNIX

>What are Manjaro, Fedora, Ubuntu, PopOs..?
You literally have to do none of that if you don't want to.

Attached: BAFA8C0D396C41C7AE5DCECBC03CCCD7.jpg (680x649, 82K)

>dumb mactoddler projecting
Like clockwerk

>specific program
>doesn't look for Linux alternative
>didn't try wine

Most Linux alternatives are a joke in industry settings, and Wine is buggy trash, especially for software that isn't games.

>this is why you won't set up power options, won't set up intel graphic, won't set your network, won't set printer and so on and so on including advanced system options
What? Pretty much every DE has had graphical options for configuring these things for fucking ages. The only exception here is that there isn't a graphical Intel configuration tool to my knowledge, nor is there one for AMD (there's one for Nvidia, though). That falls on those manufacturers, though. The display options a DE gives you should be more than sufficient for 99% of users, though, but if you've got some really specific requirement, then yeah, I'd presume you'd have to edit your xorg.conf.

OpenVMS

> implying macos is better than windows
nice meme faggot
t. linux user

Thinly veiled iToddler cope thread

Attached: 68747470733a2f2f66696c65732e636174626f782e6d6f652f66397169616c2e6a7067.jpg (996x954, 299K)

Personally, I only see a point in using a Mac for iOS development, which is a problem created by Apple in the first place.

Linux is pretty comfy for anything webdev related, because most servers use Linux, so integration and deployment is ez.

Then you delete telemetry with a few scripts and tools and suddenly Windows > BSD because Windows runs all the programs ever made, including linux apps.

Everything you can do on Linux can be done on macOS. Vice versa not so.
For me macOS is better because I also use Photoshop and Lightroom for my /p/ hobby (Pentax, lol)
Plus I like the long battery time on MacBooks. I only charged it three days ago and it is still on 58%. Of course I don't do all my work on computers, but before I always had to use the power brick on my previous windows laptop, even with a new battery it never lasted me more than an hour with a spreadsheet or writer document open.

Linux. It is basically running the world's general servers (even the CDN you're pulling these meme images from), logistics, train and air traffic control, [...] because of its many capabilities, flexibility, reliability, and openeness.

MacOS is not. It's some desktop OS for brainlets that still isn't actually as good as being an OS for brainlets as Linux-based Android is; and essentially its only "redeeming" feature people can quote is that they "understand" and can "rely" on it (marketing works on suckers) and that it runs some piece of Adobetrash software.

/thread

>Windows is worse than Mac
Lol no

> Everything you can do on Linux can be done on macOS.
Okay? Please extend a RAID5 array on a ChaCha encrypted drive to RAID6 while not taking it down for longer than a minute in total.

No, ChaCha and RAID are not Linux specific inventions. your OS ought to be able to do this.

t. wintoddler

Since I have no Idea what those are but I assume it is some server side storage thing, I'd say SSH into the specific server used for this and do your stuff.
I'd also like to remind you that neither the OP nor my post was totalitarian. Only a fool thinks in absolutes.

Holy fucking shit how can someone know so little.

While I like linux and use it for many tasks, it is nowhere near good for either a daily driver for anything other than a boomer (got me mum a mint Thinkpad and she is very happy with it) linux can't really be used for any job that actually has anything to do with the matter.

Music composition? lmao
Video editing? lmao
CAD/3D modeling? lmao
Game developing? lm fucking ao (my profession)
Fucking image editing? Jesus christ that is so fucking shit I can't believe it. Krita is decent and I use it on windows but it's a drawing program

MacOS has similar issues with some od these things but nowhere near as bad as Linux

fpbp

>It's understood windows is worse than mac and linux
By whom? People that hate productivity and feel superior for using loonix or something?

Same hardware, laptop. With non-windows OS battery time is 7-8h. With windows battery time is 2-3h. This subjective test was done with 10-17 tabs open in browser, with some 0.5-1h light work done in office app done on the non-windows OS.
With non-windows OS the laptop was running silent, no noticable heat, fans switched off. With windows the fans were constantly running mid to high, even when there was no app loaded, initial 30 minutes, heat was noticable with going actually hot when hitting 5 tabs in the browser.
While this is done on one hardware and does not explore other hardware configurations I tried to imitate a normal use (no games) while trying to mirror the app usage in both instances, except the office app work stuff that I had to conduct quickly. The difference is great with windows having the worse performance and I suspect this constant running and high amp draw behavior contributed a lot to my last laptop suffering heat-death.
This is just food for thought, but for me I am convinced going away from windows was a good idea.

>using laptops in 2019
what the fuck is this ?

People who aren't Indian.

Not being NEET, child

fuck off phoneposter

Attached: Loonix-Pajeet.png (1208x1048, 139K)

t. winjeet

Trannypad users seething lmao.

Ask me how I know you are no more than 12

I already know the answer: you are 9 y. o.

Ask me how I know you have a 2008. trannypad.

macs are for starbucks loving subhumans

t. freelancer who never gets work

let's be real here.
The main appeal of linux is the package manager.
Macs have the package manager and better design/music software.

No, the appeal of Linux is modularity. That is why Google uses it.

This, last time I deinstalled a program on linux with apt remove systemd broke

When I deinstall a program I just remove the .app container. It's as simple as dragging an icon to the trash then emptying it.

SPBP

I use both, both work completely fine for my needs.