Majoring in Computer Science is the best decision I've ever made

Attached: 1544398838182.jpg (935x466, 52K)

Fortnite streamer Ninja makes $500,000 per month

Being a Twitch Streamer is the best decision I've ever made.

Nice Blog retard

They forgot to mention that you'll also be paying half your salary for a decent place to live

And another 30% on taxes and so on. 500k in the regions where you have a chance of getting these salaries is still borderline poverty tier.

Literally only 1% of all CS graduates will ever get a job at these companies

>be streamer
>stream online game
>other players yell racial slurs etc in their microphones
>audience can hear it
>get banned from Twitch for violating their community guidelines
lmao ok

Attached: CMV2tG5UAAAgu9X.jpg (262x263, 12K)

source?

How the fuck is any programmer worth this?

What the fuck does a dev do at linkedin

try 10%

Attached: 1557078271.png (2135x674, 61K)

These are fake jobs.

What is this application

>Stanford University
>Massachusetts Institute of Technology
>Harvard University
>Princeton University
>Carnegie Mellon University
>California Institute of Technology

lmao Linkedin has a section that shows where a company's employees went to school. Results are not surprising.

I love doing this to smaller streamers who may not know this rule or ignore it for the livestreamfails bump and then report them. Think ive gotten a couple channels shut down so far.

>using other peoples software
not gonna make it

Its over state-schoolcels

I went to a state school and had no problem finding jobs.

those salaries are for like the 0.01% and they don't last more than 2 years, and either you move to another job or you're out

Caltech is not the best for CS

Just got accepted into the computer program at DeVry, can't fucking wait bros.

I'm at Stanford and swamped by Asians

yeah but its incredibly fucking boring

I honestly love programming. School is stupid, you'll find it matters 0% if you're competent and enjoy the work. It's not hard to excel when most people just don't put in the effort to be an effective devloper

>expect to make 300k
>get a 40k coding monkey job
>get fired after 3 years, can't find another job

typical cs graduate career path

What is your IQ? And your stats (SAT, ECs, projects etc). How did you get in?

It's called negotiating a salary.

>COPE

>In bay area
>Making only $250k a year
>Google L4
>L5 is $400k
>Most of money goes to rent
What's the quickest way to kill myself?

>make 250k a year
>most of money goes to rent
Nice larp.

t. 16 years old that knows css and html

>ignores federal taxes
>ignores CA (lmao)
>$32k annual spending when most people spend more on that on just rent alone, not even including utilities

Great job living with mommy

I'm not kidding, remove tax, remove rent and I'm left with 1/3 that amount.

Yeah, everybody get 300k, if they only learn to say "not enough" .

just get promoted to L5 and don't kill yourself

That's my income post tax retard. And I don't live with mommy. I share an apartment with my sister though.

So you spend $75,000 a year on rent? You really should kill yourself.

>just get promoted to L5
>Google
>actually being able to get promoted
>not a death trap so you can get controlled by sociopaths
Please make the death as painless as possible

Attached: D9tD5zYUcAArPv1.jpg (400x631, 50K)

Why are you still at Google? Why not go work at a quant hedge fund?

$40,000

>come to Jow Forums
>larp
>shill
>living the life

How did you get a $250k a year job if you can't do math?

>quant hedge fund?
That's even worse, at least Google's hours are reasonable. Quants work 80 hours a week and end up looking like they're 50 by the time they're 30.

>What is after-tax money

Attached: 1502433340215.jpg (728x1000, 183K)

>I'm not kidding, remove tax, remove rent and I'm left with 1/3 that amount.

OK fine it's 2/3 that amount still it fucking sucks, it's just a normal salary and everyone acts like you're a big shot

pick good ones (rentech, tgs)
not easy to get into tho...

A "normal salary" doesn't give you a hundred grand to blow on whatever the fuck you want every year.

You're right user, I should be thankful. I complain too much. I'm sorry.

Attached: 2019-05-17_by_EODAYO.jpg (1188x1140, 130K)

Nah dude, keep comparing yourself to people who make more than you and feel bad while I sit here making 60k working 50 hour weeks with 7 years of experience living it down and living like a king of the slums.

Then why are threads about being JUSTed at job interviews and CS being a meme major such a recurring theme?
>t. $40k robot engineer considering CS as a side skill for upgrade

Google's interview pass rate is under 5%

No, the pass rate is around 25%. Most applicants get weeded out by HR and phone screens.

go/affordable-housing
Those memes aren't just memes user. It's honestly quite a nice office.

This desu. Though the ones who yell sexist slurs and swear constantly are the ones who earn the most. It's a slippery slope. One wrong word and you could get shut down instantly. Would be great for the bants though.
>"So how did you afford this house if you're unemployed now?"
>"Basically shit talked my way into it."

When i live in the bay area is was an Asian invasion. wouldn't be surprised if it had gotten worse.

>share apartment
poorfag amerishart slave, bet you share some mold-ridden 10sqft flat for 5000/month

because CS grads are brainlets and yet expect high salaries despite being brainlets and get mad because they get BTFO'd at interviews for not being able to apply simple algorithms to solve simple whiteboard problems
if you're a brainlet have fun being a java code monkey for the rest of your life, however if you're not then enjoy $300k starting

A great deal of posters here tend to be lazy, low-ambition types who graduate with 0 internships/side-projects and balk when they are passed over for more qualified peeps

Do you think I wouldn't be able to live by myself if I wanted? The grapes sure are sour.

kek, keep believing that

Now think of how much fucking money these companies make while still paying these salaries

So many people talk about programming on this board and it all goes over my head
t. Server babysitter

This but in reverse. I have no idea what our IT dude does in the server room all day but it must be very critical and demanding

Generally if everything is running fine you're doing maintenance or upgrades, or if you're smart learning more on company time if there's nothing else to do
(which I assume is what programmers do as well)

Imagine getting a job at LinkedIn, through LinkedIn. It too meta for me, I don't care how much they pay.

Especially considering the pays they claim. Half the time they only list the maximum they're willing to pay, rather than the actual pay you're likely to receive.

>That's my income post tax retard.
>I share an apartment with my sister
>Do you think I wouldn't be able to live by myself if I wanted?
Makes mad bank, dabs on Jow Forums ragebabies, and fucks his sister at full force in her vagina, mouth, and anus whenever he wants. Based.

Attached: 1526534946061.gif (500x468, 1.47M)

The stuff they program makes lots of money.

>IQ
Never gonna make it

>t. low iq nigger

Wow how much do you get beat up at school?

>make $500k
>all i have to do is not be racist
easy cause im not a retard

If you can do it though, two years for a million dollars is pretty good, and it'll be easy as shit to get a pretty good job afterwards with that on your resume.

A lot of these guys go from top company to top company. So sure, they don't stay there but they'll get compensated just as much at Netflix as they did at Google, etc.

I went to school with a bunch of guys who went big iron afterwards. Had gaming nights for a few years afterwards so we all gossiped like schoolgirls.

The vast majority of their time is spent doing paperwork.

Very little of what they did was really that demanding.

But that's like a lot of jobs. I'm an EE myself. 99% of my job is stuff I can teach techs to do, and none of it is super demanding and often repetitive. But that 1% of the time is why I get paid the bigger bucks.

>mute everyone
>keep making big mula while all the other 99% are wage cucking from 9 to 5
Haahah twitch streaming is A gold mine. I m glad i was good enough at vydias to make it

>34 ACT
>2150 SAT
>Graduated 6 years ago
>E4 at [spoiler]Facebook[/spoiler]

Neither of those tests measure IQ - and IQ is a bullshit number anyways. I find that idiots who dick around about IQ are simply using it as a proxy for how smart they are reinforced by online tests because they were too stupid to have a good GPA/ACT/SAT.

>hurrdurr I don't try hard in school, but I have 150IQ I swear!

Attached: 1538605938256.jpg (466x466, 30K)

>in London university
>half of my year is Chinese, can't go 10 feet without finding some chinks sitting in a corner talking in chink
>another quarter is Indian
>actual white people are a minority here
There's nowhere safe, is there?

cope

Are you British? Identify yourself.

It's just generally assumed you are smarter if you went to a top school. You get grilled less than other candidates during interviews, treated with more respect and get higher pay.

I'm a non-british mutt.

>comp sci PhD student at elite private midwestern university
>a significant portion of the faculty are white americans or white europeans
>half or more of the grad students are white
>the other half are a mix of asians and brazilians with an indian or two thrown in for spice (maybe there's a black guy? idk i've never seen him)
you can probably guess where I study but still it's fucking based and i'm not jealous of MIT or Stanford one bit

Attached: 1559236046556.png (720x524, 481K)

>study CS in Romania
>work as a webdev at the same time
>monthly salary is 1150 euros before taxes
>am the 3rd richest 23 year old I know
>been in the bussiness for exactly one year
>have 4/5ths of the money I would need to buy a dream apartment saved up already from other ventures/my inheritance
Cope my mutts.

I can buy 20 of your dream apartments.

In America or Romania?

In Romania.

>"So how did you become President?"
>"Basically shit talked my way into it."

How many apartments/houses can you buy in the market of the country you work in? For apartments, consider a 3-room over 75 square meters setup. That would usuallh cost 70k euros here.

Why would I buy an apartment in this country when I can buy one in Romania, which according to you is a better country to live in?

Why are CS degrees gatekeeping kids who were not good at math? You don't need it to be a coder

Yeah UIUC, that's a really good school though - on par with MIT (at least some of their alumnis are)

It's not better it's just where I was born. Looks like you guys live like beggars in your superior markets, whereas I live like a prince in mine. Stay mad.

CS is a mathematical field, people interested in "coding" would be better of focusing on software engineering. Many schools offer a software engineering degree but call it CS.

I can move to your shithole and live like an emporer any time I felt like it.

>You don't need it to be a coder
You also do not need a university degree to be a coder.
Learning "how to code" should maybe take a month or so.

If you have no skills besides "being able to code" you are literally pajeet tier and soon will get pajeet pay once the market has saturated.

If you learned "how to code" from a 3 year thousand dollar degree you wasted 3 years and thousands of dollars, because you have learned nothing about computer SCIENCE.
Also math is fucking awesome.

Then do it.

All entrance exams are in math where I live for all IT degrees.

>Neither of those tests measure IQ
SAT correlates to a good degree with IQ.

>IQ is a bullshit number anyways
Stop being anti-science.