LineageOS no longer maintains the Samsung S9

AAAAAAAA, THIS IS THE ONLY REASON I BOUGHT THE DEVICE.
Why does it have to be this way Bros, why is the battle of having software freedom so hard and difficult sometimes. These are harsh times and will require me to do some personal contemplation.
Shall there be another warrior who steps forward from the chaos and takes it upon themselves to maintain the official build, or will the device be forgotten till it's no longer practical to maintain.
The digital software gods need to help us through these dark times.

Attached: galaxy-s6-lineage-os.jpg (1000x613, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

e.foundation/products/#get-/e/
youtu.be/wHSLxNBJzcg
wiki.lineageos.org/build_guides.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>All the tools, and software are available
Maintain it yourself.

this. or wait till someone else makes it and check the "unofficial" ones.

I unironically don't understand why anybody gives a shit about Lineage OS and all the other distros(?) like that

There's a literal list of stuff that doesn't work attached to every release ffs

>There's a literal list of stuff that doesn't work attached to every release ffs
everything works on my devices.

LOS official support is just normal people that port the rom and then prove that it works right and maintain it every once in a while. they arent even paid. I dont blame people for stopping.
Or perhaps, it had a major fault and Official LOS pulled it off until it's fixed. IDK, i havent looked it up.

Also, buy a S5, it's supported.

What so great about LineageOS?

It makes people think they are not inside of the google botnet, even though they are. And their chink phone makers don't update the vulnerabilities out of their phones so you're forced to update the os manually.

And firmware is still nonfree and phones still track you via cell signal triangulation. The only good phone is NO PHONE AT ALL.
>BUTICANTLIVEWITHOUTMYPHOOONE
Yes you can. We've done it before. Easily. We can do it again.

e.foundation/products/#get-/e/

I have never done something like that, I'm scared about the idea. How hard is it to make builds, how time consuming is it? I know a lot of pajeets do it and all kinds of tweaks and stuff to their ROMs and boast about it on XDA, which does make the idea less daunting. But on the other hand pajeets can be quite smart and messing things up can lead to bricking my device or worse devices of other people. What if there is a bug, do I need to solve that myself?
Why am I such a whiny privileged weakling?

Basically stock android with a few tweaks, I have MicroG installed as a free and open replacement of google services. I have no google apps on my phone. Also there are usually fresh updated builds every week or so fixing vulnerabilities and bugs so it's more rolling than stock ROMs.

Deal with it.
My Z5 Compact lost official LineageOS support on February and i still use it because the only other option for a small phone is the iphone SE.

autistic faggot, get an iPhone Xs or 8 and settle with comfy iOS

Attached: ada3dv0ol4g11.png (1920x1080, 1.42M)

no sure whats your point? has the s9 stopped working since the maintenance was dropped?

>phones aren't designed to be used for more than 3 years
>morons keep trying to do otherwise
fuck your gay Lineage bullshit, stick to stock, change phones after 3 years. Fucking useless cunt

>How hard is it to make builds, how time consuming is it?
It's like downloading 150+gb and compiling everything yourself.
It can be time consuming, and you need source codes from manufacturer, and then tweak everything.
Probably as difficult as Gentoo to LFS depending on what you're trying to accomplish. For your device everything already had lineageOS working, so it's easier.

I bought the most popular device Lineage had like a year ago. Now it's stuck on 15.1 and unmaintained. Fuck this shit, it's already pretty hard to trust LOS alone imagine using random-guy-from-XDA ROM.
There's no chance I'm using android without privacy guard.

>pajeetPhone

Attached: 1563660454627.png (676x1451, 831K)

Fake sataniaposter btfo

Attached: 1564369232634.gif (480x286, 1.71M)

>buying samshit

Attached: 1538279465114.jpg (500x500, 23K)

>See

Anyone in this thread able to install arch Linux on anything?

>a fucking lineageos thread
>btw i use arch ;))))))))

Yea, there's absolutely no similarities.

>mfw the only hope Andrones have of getting LineageOS support is to buy a phone that Indians can afford

Attached: smuk.png (438x491, 222K)

See here:
youtu.be/wHSLxNBJzcg
They got HWC finally working and that's what has been causing most of the issues. Developers are working on making these builds as stable as possible and then they're going official.

>mfw anons on Jow Forums can't install Linux the moment people call it Android, and need someone else to do it for them

'EM POO IN LOOS AMIRITE FELLAS XDXD

>No support for a phone that is barely over a year old
The absolute state.

You'll most likely need a phone to live in the modern world unless you plan on being a NEET forever. It isn't the 80s anymore.
A phone with less jewgle shit is still better than a fully jewgled out phone.

I run Linux on DeX and on UserLAnd on my S9+ No need to disturb the stock OS.

Many such cases!
The Redmi Note 5 Pro (also released in 2018) had """"official"""" support until three months ago, when its sole maintainer decided to buy a new phone. Anyone unironically recommending Lineage as a viable alternative to vendor ROMs is jobless and/or uses their phone as a toy.

Just gonna out myself. I am still on an old iphone. I refuse to ever touch stock android (no matter the vendor) ever again. When my phone dies I have no clue what to do because I hate the news iphones. Is there any viable option for someone like me that is more than capable of using android but hates it so I stuck with ios so far?

>needs someone else to maintain
Bruh everything is already available for you to do it yourself.

I don't know if you live in a cave or what, but it's no longer maintained for like two months
A nigger made his own build of LOS16 on XDA, but it's closed source

With generic stock images there is barely any reason for lineageos to continue

Samsung ROMs are the most bloated, Facebook is installed in /sys for fuck sake

>Check out a list of what devices that have lineage OS available
>Buy expensive as shit phone
>Install lineage OS
>It's buggy
>Check out what's the issue
>Lineage OS had never been completed and now it was abandoned yet the site still listed it as available for the device even if it never worked
>get stuck with expensive shit ass phone and no OS

Attached: 1485558699478.jpg (354x423, 83K)

/thread

Yeah, you run Linux via an application. So your device is still a part of the botnet

Already tried this shit
It's fully bloated with their own (((cloud))) applications and services

I recommend giving Samsung another shot - their ROM has improved massively since ye olde days of Touchwiz. I quite like the stock ROM on my Galaxy S8 and Samsung's default apps are unironically better than Google's. OnePlus is also alright but security is not a high priority for them, hence they ship OS updates every two months instead of monthly like Samsung.

closed source trash, maintained by literal nigger and pajeet
go in their telegram group, you will understand why you shouldn't install this rom (they have absolutely no intention to release their source code or make the rom official)

>We could have just focused on an OS, but apps and online services are critical components of a smartphone experience, too.
If that's not the definition of botnet I don't know what is.

not him - i cant even imagine the amount of spyware stock roms ship nowadays
and no privacy guard too. theres probably some mods if you root but i honestly dont want to root my phones

>I recommend giving Samsung another shot
Why Samsung went complete shit with hole punched displays, and going full blown apple.

It's completely inert if you don't sign in. Run adb shell ps -A if you don't believe me.

>just trust them bro
>i swear u it's not botnet

I checked with Wireshark and my S9+ on One UI, the device sends data every-fucking-where on the stock rom (partially debloated and no applications manually installed, it was just a test)

>complaining about notches and superficial shit
this outs you as a teenager with a case of sour grapes

>shadowprofiling with unique device fingerprint
>400mb of bloat anyway
no thanks, I will stick with lineageos

>6 months of security android patches missed
imagine the ton of vulnerabilities you let open on your pajeetphone

Still better than having googleshit/apelshit up your ass.

there are literal tons and tons of WELL KNOWN breach anyone here can exploit on your device, right fucking now
and you've got no problem with it

>better to have your emails and texts pilfered by a script kiddie in Calcutta than a trillion dollar corporation that sees you as just a data point
this is your brain on Jow Forums memes

I'd rather Apple or Google have my data than some random pissskin shit in India. But I guess this is your brain on Jow Forums.

>implying that it's not a valid complaint
So you're a good that works for Samsung, and you just happen to post in this thread.

>than some random pissskin shit in India
OH N ON ON ON ON ON
AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1563172365839.png (828x1418, 166K)

>GOOK

But Google and Apple are full of random Indian pissskins.

Just install any of the other custom ROMs? I don't get why everyone's so hung up about LineageOS.
For example, there's ResurectionRemix which I've been using on my LG G3 for many years. It's always up-to-date and well supported and comes with a bunch of nice customization options that LineageOS is lacking. Otherwise it's pretty much the same shit.

if you care more about the hole punch display than IP68, headphone jack, microSD, Power Share, and other kinds of useful functionality, you need to crawl back to whatever Discord room for teenage girls you came from

And it's still a corporation, don't delude yourself by thinking you are anything but a number to them. That's another thing with some random shitskin in Calcutta that tries to empty your savings account.

kek

If a phone doesn't have official LOS it's an instant no for me. There's no rush to get the latest toy, phone hardware has been overkill for Android since SD800. Every modification to stock Android simply makes it slower, the """features""" of OEM ROMs are already implemented better by various apps. Even LOS is kinda bloated honestly, I prefer ROMs based on plain AOSP, official LOS is just an indicator that a phone isn't total garbage.

>implying that Samsung isn't getting rid of microsd, and/or the headphone jack
Well the hole punch was shit, and you're company just decided to roll with it. Fuck you, and fuck Samsung gookboi.

I dont look at the ip68, or the headphone jack or sd slot or any of that. it's nice to have yes, but the look and feel is important. and pieces missing from a screen, the most important fucking part of a phone, is a COMPROMISE.

>I dont look at the ip68, or the headphone jack or sd slot or any of that
>the look and feel is important
found the vagina

You do realize that "official" means jack squat, right? There is no guarantee of support. If the maintainer decides to upgrade to another device and nobody steps in (as has happened with many different models), you're stuck with an outdated phone that doesn't even have vendor support.

the absolute state of Jow Forums

no you dont understand. it used to not be a problem.
it was a given that the screen would be an rectangle. You usually could filter through screen quality or features like oled. This basic fucking issue was no different then the importance of "Does it have a modem?"

>/e/
wew

Attached: St. Louis (marisasu (marisa0904)).jpg (670x1062, 375K)

>when you can't hand your own Linux install, but you still post on Jow Forums
Fucking niggers everywhere.

there is a setting that masks the hole punch with a black bar along the top, just to placate turboautists like you

>you're stuck with an outdated phone that doesn't even have vendor support
You still have a phone that you can support yourself. You don't have to really rely on pajeet, or the OEM you dumb mouth breather.

>Make completely retarded design decision
>Implement "feature" to hide your retarded decision
The absolute fucking state.

>there's a setting to mask the hole in the display
Or you could just not buy that overpriced piece if shit in the first place.

>Yeah dude bro you can totally support your phone yourself man. Yeah dude except all these proprietary vital modules running on closed source proprietary software but yeah dude totally man!

Just don't buy any Samsung/MIUI phone and you'll be okay

>Yeah dude except all these proprietary vital modules running on closed source proprietary software but yeah dude totally man!
Except that everything you need has been released, and available. How do you think pajeet was able to do it?

>spoken like a true brainlet who never installed a Linux distro in her pathetic life

Oh is that why every single linage rom comes with a giant list of stuff that isn't supported because it doesn't work cause no one has the source code to them?

>Yeah man like loonix is totally le super secret hardcore hacker club man! It's so hard dude! I am so hardcore man!

>Oh is that why every single linage rom comes with a giant list of stuff that isn't supported because it doesn't work cause no one has the source code to them?
First show me every single device, and every single thing that isn't supported.

nigger if it's an official build then everything has to work according to the LOS guidelines
unofficial builds are the bugs: u tell me ones

>Linux is easy
>Android is hard
Just kill yourself

Amazing to see the drones in action.

>drones
the irony

It's amazing that you literally can't install an os yourself, and need it to be oreinstalled for you, and people like you post on Jow Forums.

You bought a Samsung device. Those things are locked down to hell, specially anything newer. You don't buy Samsung thinking "oh well I'm going to install a custom ROM later".

Is that what you need to tell yourself to be able to sleep at night?

absolutely based

>needs pajeet to maintain his phone, because he doesn't know how to install Linux himself.
Imagine needing a street shitter to wipe your ass, because you're too stupid to figure it out
>but proprietaries
If there's an official from then everything you need is available to you

Can someone please explain to me why android phones are so fucked in this regard? The Linux kernel can basically be compiled with every driver and option and while it will be a massive kernel (filesize) you can boot it up on almost any platform. Why the fuck are android phones so special? Why can't we have a generic-ass distro as a lowest common denominator that just werks (tm) on most if not all hardware?

You're the one who can't figure out le Android even after someone else handheld you, and showed you everything you need
Don't attack me, because your parents gave you defective genetics.

>Still continuing with the same implying going on since the very beginning of the thread
>lul brah just compile it yourself
I just have better things to do in my free time to maintain my own phones OS just to be barely usable but we all know you could never understand how anyone could ever have a job either so why do I even bother replying?

Unlike x86 + UEFI, there is no stable driver interface. Every different camera sensor and display controller and GPU has its own special sauce way of transmitting data to the kernel.

Ok

Are you saying that (as usual), it's a licensing problem?

It's not really that bad. The longest part is waiting for the download. I've never installed Gentoo but if it's this easy then Gentoo is a joke.
There is a guide for every phone

wiki.lineageos.org/build_guides.html