Video games aren't for children...

Video games aren't for children, you guys are just trying to cope because you weren't properly introduced to games at a young age.

Attached: 1110233394450.gif (800x370, 181K)

You know video games are old right?

>Video games aren't for children, you guys are just trying to cope because you weren't properly introduced to games at a young age.

Attached: gigachad2.jpg (680x817, 34K)

Video games are the only legitimate use of computers. Everything else is dystopian insectbrain fascism.

There's only a few things I can do to turn my brain off after stitching up gutted people and doing CPR on fatties with vomit lining their lips: video games or watching TV shows. The stuff on TV nowadays are so bad that I can't even veggie out on the couch anymore. They're just revoltingly bad.

You tell me. What I can do to de-stress after work, besides games?

Playing an hour or two after work is cool but spending all your free time on it is childish. Going super autistic about benchmarks about video games over a couple of frames and making posts about how incel/amdrones are dead is childish. Fucks sakes people just fucking enjoy shit that you enjoy in moderation

Attached: 1562278822915.jpg (1024x576, 413K)

I said it isn't just for children, you retain the right to do whatever you want to lose stress, I'm not in control of that.

games are a social engineering tool
take away video games now, people will realize the horrible truth and everything collapses

i lost the ability to enjoy vidya, i buy them and don't play them

>t.

Attached: Nintendo Labo for Adults Like Me.jpg (936x1306, 337K)

>There's only a few things I can do to turn my brain off after stitching up gutted people and doing CPR on fatties with vomit lining their lips: video games or watching TV shows. The stuff on TV nowadays are so bad that I can't even veggie out on the couch anymore. They're just revoltingly bad.
>You tell me. What I can do to de-stress after work, besides games?
Working in the same field i can totally relate. Even though i must admit managing my time can get out of hand.

>mfw trying to install chromium and instead i get some shitty spaceship game for linux

>you don't understand mayne

Attached: 1519183960756.png (800x650, 215K)

Dunno, I've been playing Shenzhen IO and it's great. I don't play much tho, maybe 2 hours a week. I'd rather spend my time reading or socializing.

I was. I spent all my childhood playing video games.
Now that I'm an adult, I don't do that anymore. I occasionally play some old games on an emulator, but stay away from the scam that is modern gaming.

MODS
MOOT
MAKE THIS A BANNER

This. When will dead inside sleep deprived codemonkeys seething at scrum masters who never meet their deadlines learn?

video games are the apex of programming

games for brainlets and incels

Remember to dilate, user

If you want some serious advice, take up Archery, it satisfies the visceral human instinct to throw shit at something. Helps you vent, and unlike guns which are also fun, arrows are reusable and don't disturb the neighbors. I'm guessing you already cut open enough shit in your job, so swordplay is off the table.

Video games are cool though. Honestly, fuck the haters, what other hobby is there? Lately my mom has taken to adult coloring books. But hey, what's more childish, that or video games? Who gives a shit. Just enjoy your hobby man.

I've played maybe 5 video games that aren't complete dogshit in about 12 years. In a way this is good because it's forced me to use my time elsewhere.

But every time I have tried, I'm left with the realization that video games are an unbelievably creatively bankrupt industry. They're literally all doing the same shit over and over again, now they just add micro-transactions and release half finished shovelware. Indie games especially; I cannot even begin to understand how their "devs" make a living at making these fucking abominations. The mouth breathing retards who buy, write about, and fanboy every single new product (and thats what they are) prove to the OP's point that you have to have some kind of childmind or something seriously wrong with you to be "into" this industry. Every 5+ years one slightly new idea will come along with slight promise but ends up finding a way to lower the bar even more.

Attached: 156440592542427.jpg (680x335, 43K)

I always get the latest nintendo console
Wait for hacks to come
Use them to fill it up with games
And then let it collect dust
The fun part is using those hacks for me

It's all thanks to people voting with they wallets hahaha

Blame the industry. Everybody just wants to sell the most copies by watering down the game in an attempt to appeal to everyone.

Look at Skyrim, it fucking sucks compared to Morrowind. Gutted stat system, no spellcraft, lower variety of enemies/items, poorly done questlines, etc. The game feels smaller despite looking bigger. They spend the budget on voice acting from famous people and tried to appeal to the mass market by removing all the fun RPG elements.

If you want to enjoy video games, maybe look into more indie shit or just play older games and remakes. I'm pretty happy with the Switch despite it being a shitty gimmick console, because it's easy to hack and there are a few decent games for it. Just the other day, XDA released an Android build for it, so I can use the thing as a ghetto tablet once that's stable.

>You tell me. What I can do to de-stress after work, besides games?

Drugs

This, and this applies to most hobbies that are about consuming something (maybe reading good books is the exception).
I play a couple hours with my wife almost everyday after dinner. It's comfy, but I'm aware that it changed my taste for games, maybe objectively for worse.

>Video games are for children,
FIXED.
Really. We've discussed this.
The majority of gamers are young.
Growing older doesn't involve growing up in these people's cases. Some will continue in their juvenile habits until they discover real-life sex.

Unironically this.

>guns aren't for retards, you guys are just trying to cope because you weren't properly introduced to guns at a young age.

They're bad for you, or at least they're bad for me. I used to play a lot and used to get withdrawal symptoms even after an hour or so of playing. It'd be hard for me to focus on work, I'd be lethargic, etc. Thought that maybe it was only multiplayer games or MMOs where you feel obligated to log-in every day and maintain shit. I was really into Rust for a while and that game is like a full-time job. But, I noticed that I'd even get this way playing a game like civ 5 or Fallout 2. When I'm working or studying, the urge to play the game would rise and I'd lose focus on my current situation. I know some people like to play games after work or whatever and I guess that's ok. But, when you do that you really lose an opportunity to be reading a book or expanding your skills. Spending time with your kids, or taking care of the house. Video games imo take up all of your free time, whether you're actively playing or not. It's hard to realize this bc a lot of people justify it as a hobby, I know that I did.