Thanks, Jow Forums...

Thanks, Jow Forums. Now I'm OBSESSED with getting all the old music I had in FLAC and running Spek on everything (which has led me to lots of dissapointment). Every "320 kbps MP3" that looks like this puts the pain a little deeper into my soul. I'm even getting good at spotting them now without using Spek.
I fear you'll see me next on audiophyle threads.

Attached: 1.png (624x388, 87K)

>2 canales
good luck with affording audiophile stuff.

You need better reading skills user.

Attached: 👌.png (329x23, 2K)

Oh I see, is the language. Not my fault I'm fluent in both.

AAC is pretty.

Attached: Untitled.png (626x473, 228K)

Based. I'm going either AAC or OPUS from now on for my transcodes.

>44khz
never gonna make it

44.1 KHz is the sample rate, you buffoon. Absolute best case scenario maximum high frequency is 0.5 x Sample Rate.

But of course, if you're just a troll, you knew that.

I buy CDs and what is this

mp3 is deprecated trash. It's like watching a xvid shit these days.
FLAC for archives, Opus for on the go.

that's why you'll never make it

aac can sound better than flac sometimes

Incorrect.

Why do my FLAC music sounds punchier than MP3s?

> what.cd flashbacks from that retarded interview that i got by by cheating every single time

FLAC is lossless. During playback it should sound exactly the same as whatever the source material was. mp3 and aac are lossy, so regardless of whether you can hear it or not, there is loss of quality.

If you can only hear frequencies between 5 khz and 20 khz how can there be a loss of quality you moron?

Next time, ask a question worth answering.

Ok daddy, what quality are you exactly losing if the lost frequencies are above what you can physiologically hear with your ear?

>OPUS
Opus has a 20kHz cut-off though.

Depends on the bitrate. Compare a 64kbps mp3 to a 320kbps mp3 and you'll hear a big difference.
FLAC is for archiving because it'll always be the same quality as the source material whereas mp3 isn't.

>mp3
>expecting it to not be terrible

>implying you can hear more than 20khz
ok batman

you don't gain much in compression just by lopping off everything below 5k and above 20k
mp3 and aac do other compression in addition to that

>weebshit

It was trash regardless.

That's not weeb.

You can automate this entire process completely.

b-but you get the feeling you are in live music concert if there is frequencies above the hearing range

Most parts of the music will be completely unaffected by the lack of those missing upper frequencies. 99% of instruments and vocals will sound no different. You might be able to notice a slight difference with cymbals if you have really good hearing.

Where do you get your aac anime music?

>Spek
Is there GNU/Linux or do I need to run it in wine?

Jeez you can even compile in bsd if you want.

yes it's called Snek

more sox-me.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=SPECTROGRAM
Exec=/usr/bin/sh .local/bin/sox.sh
#Exec=sox %F -n spectrogram
Terminal=false
StartupNotify=false
NoDisplay=true

more sox.sh
#!/usr/bin/dash
/bin/sox "$@" -n spectrogram -o "$@".png

enjoy your autism

no, you better run windows on a vm and then download Spek, it's better this way, trust me.

t. me in 2017

you will get through it user, don't worry

>spek
use ocenaudio. It has a better spectrogram

Attached: Untitled.png (1198x961, 1.45M)

if the mp3 is not a shitty transcode and it's 320kbps or v0, then it's placebo. Do an ABX test.

>windows
use linux - it has a better os