This is better than your 200 dollar LED "gamer" fan/chiller

This is better than your 200 dollar LED "gamer" fan/chiller.

prove me wrong.

Attached: 5buckswalshart.jpg (665x846, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=olRF5Ckaga0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wrong.

correct, you are wrong and I am right? ah yes.

>much louder
>much noisier
>more expensive
>uses more power
It isn't better in any way.

You're curing the symptom, not the cause. Change your thermal paste.

>>more expensive
45W fan is $100

if this works id be interested

>using thermal paste

You can get plenty of good fans for well under half that.

Usually, it is better, yes.

I'd look at 20" box fans and put a 20" furnace filter on it, though, or one of the good 20" round, metal fans that move like 7000CFM.

Even stock cooler would be a monster with that on it, assuming paste is good.

Always look for metal fans though, metal fans = metal blades = better motor (none of this C-style brushless A/C shit with no torque that top out at 2200 rpm)

This is even better.

Attached: cooling.png (542x450, 10K)

They're almost all shaded pole induction motors, which are cheap, low torque, and tremendously inefficient, but reliable.

I've never seen any other kind in a mains powered fan, but a PM brushless or inverter-driven 3-phase induction motor would be great.

>75 watts fan vs 1 watt case fan
yeah

I thought we were done posting troll physics ten years ago.

thats only as good as your heatsink
a 212 evo can be obtained for 20 bucks and is b etter

I have a couple (round 20"s) made in the early 2k's using real motors. (Synchronous?) That'll levitate on "high" if you hold the cords. One recently gave up the ghost though. RIP.

You can find some of them (3 phase) in house furnace units, on the big squirrel cage blowers which fucking pump. I have one somewhere that'll knock cats over from 6' or so away. (120vac)

There is nothing "troll" about having a computer at 3 Kelvin.

The 20's I'm talking about are like 200watt or so I think. Quarter horse? 5k cfm~?

Cooling things in vacuum is actually harder than cooling things on Earth.

prove it

Cooling system should not use 3x the power of the hardware it cools. OP's suggestion works for temporary purposes only.

Now if somebody made a variable speed drive controlled by an opto-isolated 4-pin header...

>more expensive
a box fan is like 20$

well the outer space radiation will actually be the issue here, and you have no air to move the heat away, so it will overheat much faster than on earth

except for that bigass stand it's great
get the box fan

>works
Of course it works. It pushes air into the case way better than any PC fan you could buy. Judging from shape of the base (this is a floor fan missing its foot) its the exact same I have. I can't keep it on the highest setting because I'd get too cold and I'm not a skinny guy. High thermal mass. It pushes a lot of air. It was 20$ when I bought it.
Its probably not the optimal pressure setup but cases aren't really adapted for a single large fan like this.
If you wanted to do this right you'd get a skeleton case and just blow air through it and find a way to make it more like a cylinder.

Probably still less effective than water cooling though. And you'd want fans for your heatsinks still because most of the cooling is needed close to the pipes.

In terms of power and noise it's way worse. But the fan is an alright low frequency hum.

T. Nigger

>falling for the filtration meme
>muh particlelesese gon hurt my metals and calculashionz

well, he got him there actually.

>prove
You mean like an experiment? Of course not.
Radiant cooling happens both on the earth and in space. The radiant input on earth is greater but the PC will still be net losing energy through that.
Conductive cooling basically doesn't exist in space unless a piece of dust bumps into the PC.
Conductive cooling is way more efficient. So earth wins because the PC is greater than ambient.

The only way radiant could win would be if conductive cooling was very low on earth. Like if we had a very low pressure atmosphere and the PC was floating. Basically the more earth is like space the better it is to be far away from a radiant heat source.

ok i'll admit im trolling at this point, but how many watts of heat does your average cpu fan pull out?

Attached: carefully_arranged_bits_of_sand_in_vacuum.png (542x238, 9K)

Well OP I've saved it to my tech humour folder, but I'm struggling to think how you're wrong. Main thing I'm thinking is minus the more expensive part.
and that the dust will be a fucking nightmare.
Aside from that, I imagine it'll be cool af in there with a good amount of heatsinks.

The input lag, though

just make it wireless bro

I'm not him and I don't remember specifics, but a lot of the heat transfer is done between different mediums. When your comp heats up, heat transfers from chips to heatsinks, which then transfer it to the air surrounding them, which is then blown away by fans, hence how it's cool.
In a vacuum, the heat goes from chips -> heatsinks and since there's nothing but vacuum around the heatsinks, the heat sits there and doesn't transfer much out of the heatsinks, hence poor cooling in space.

>cover everything with waterproof coating
>throw into river
>???

>watercooling

*Ahem*

Attached: cooling.png (1054x450, 17K)

Just getyour auditory nerves removed and use the strongest fans you can fit

i used to do this when i played everquest on my old inherited computer back in the day. without the fan it would hang up

getting into high end airflow and thermals has nothing to do with performance, it has everything to do with having the discretion to know that you want to spend money on making sure your computer is as quiet as it is cool

if you just graduated high school and are trying to build the cheapest gaming computer you can on newegg then yes its a meme but if you use your computer for multiple hours every day then lacking the discretion to build it within any sort of thermal or noise tolerances which also means minimizing dust then you're probably the type of person who thinks mechanical keyboards aren't worth it because you break keyboards too often to want to spend more than $20 on one

how NASA cooled computers in space

youtube.com/watch?v=olRF5Ckaga0

i bought some silent fans for my pc recently and the most shocking thing is that noctua's regular non-industrial line is severely overrated. they put all their ratings in cubic meters of air per second instead of cubic feet per second because if they did then all of the nerds who wet their pants over spending $200 on noctua fans would realize they could have just bought a bunch of cougar vortex fans for $10 each and gotten superior performance

the way the fanboys make it sound like noctua is the only company that thinks about aerodynamics or uses computer modeling is just ridiculous, their fans are overpriced apple style. thermalright's fans blow their shit out of the water at less than half the price point and they're taiwanese nobodies

Attached: notctua.png (891x390, 58K)

>LTT
Why do you advertise that here? It's not worth watching because of that shills involvement.

better be a stretchy wire, like multiple factors stretchier than length lol, unless you plan to tether the two bodies at that exact distance forever, in that case it better be a very strong wire.

both of those "content creator/social media influencers/advertiser community liaisons" are absolute trash and should never be watched.

they aren't bad for what they are just don't be a retard and fall for the jewish projected group opinion bullshit EG noctua fans, water cooling, etc. they have partnerships to uphold and products to shill

have the discretion to know what you need for your own goddamn computer instead of doing what the astroturfing says

>they aren't bad for what they are

i suppose? but what they are is fucking annoying faggots who constantly ham it up reddit style and beg for thumbs up doing the stupidest shit they found out about and stole from someone elses ideas.

that is exactly what they are, but i much prefer them to channels like gamer's nexus because they have the decency to at least maintain shill visibility for people to plainly see when they're shilling. the attention whoring shit is at least vaguely interesting and you always know when its sponsored. its better than pretending to be super serious and trying to hide your shill levels.

In reality, your computer in space would pretty much instantly overheat and shut down

Once you go full passive cooling you can't go back. I only buy desktop and laptops without fans.

no need for noctua, just buy 5 arctic f12's per 1 noctua

Better for killing everything with dust and static, sure.

>full passive cooling
this is a meme correct?

penis
vagene

Although there are definitely economies of scale with 120mm fans, which often leads them to beating 140mm fans when they wouldn't if equal r&d was put into them, there's only so much you can do. Larger fan blades = higher efficiency for the same level of technology and refinement. A $10 USD pedestal fan draws about 40-55 watts depending on brand and will push around 5500cfm, while a 15-20 USD 120mm fan is about 10 watts and 200cfm of you go for a loud one.

>buy desktop

>buy single product goy

>He's blowing air inside the case
It's supposed to be blowing outside of the case.

hows my gaming rig

Attached: gt130.jpg (2294x1000, 304K)

>more expensive
the whole idea is that most people have a home fan like that somewhere in their house already.

>Louder
? No high pitch whine
>Noisier
Nope
>Expensive
Yes
>More power
Not really.

Main problem is that you can get fan's of the same size, and make some kind of bracket mount on the side. And then move all internals to passive cooling, since HUUUGE fan is better than whatever you can muster on 120mm

this is a meme correct?

>optical drive
ya blew it

Why

because he is an astronaut why else would he know this to tell you?

Because it's not just about temperature, it's about heat transfer as well. It's the same way a piece of wood and a piece of metal can both be sitting out in the hot sun at noon, and they'll be the same temperature, but the wood will just feel warm, whereas the metal will feel hot, because the metal is able to conduct heat better.

Likewise, space is technically cold, but there are so few particles in that near-vacuum that you don't actually transfer much heat away. This is why in space engineering, the bigger problem is how to dissipate heat.

Certain areas of space are technically cold. The moon's surface during 'daytime' or space 1AU from the sun is technically really really fucking hot

Attached: genius.jpg (1600x1200, 1011K)

>5500cfm
thats some industrial level shit with no noise restriction, home ones dont push as much
Rowenta VU5551 has around 1700 CFM (and costs close to 100$)
and you'd still have to get heatsinks - they are the expensive part of PC cooling solutions

>implying that caused any issues at all
it probably helped it

Wouldn't work, capacitors explode in space, computer has to be pressurized and temperature controlled to exist in every aerospace application.

Also, if a microprocessor gets too cold, it won't work, even a MIPS one that are actually used in the ISS and Shuttles, it needs to be warm enough for electrical switches to work, which is around -150C at rock bottom, space is -270

So why isnt using those giant noctua fans on gpus a thing yet?
You'd get a pc with 30 db or something.

Anyone who spends $200 on cooling is retarded.
That said, why would you spend $15 on a nigger-rigged abomination that will burn like 30+ watts, when you could buy a 5 pack of case fans for the same price, each of which uses like 2 watts.

There are capacitors that are solid so they don't suffer in a vacuum.
But you are right, electronics do need to be in a temp range to function. I've seen fanless "industrial PCs" rated to work from -40C to 70C.

*radiates heat in your path*

Attached: main-qimg-a84635a93b79eac2e1a466010ccc05a5.jpg (602x400, 99K)

You would still need a passive cooler to immediately radiate the dense heat away from the CPU.

dude change that t paste your quad is cooking

>ΕΥΘΡΑΥΣΤΟΝ
>Παλιός ανεμιστήρας με σελοτέιπ για ψύξη
Βασισμένος λαϊkός Ελληνάρας

>Taking a number from a 16" pedestal fan
Are you okay? When doing this at home I'd use a 24" or 30" and duct it down. Not sure about the US but a basic 30" fan here costs about 15-20 USD and even if the efficiency was half the one you listed due to being cheap, it would still push 3000cfm, but the boxes say shit that converts to 5-6k CFM. Probably far louder than the 16"er you listed, but cheaper and quieter than trying to get even 1000cfm through 5 high airflow 120mm fans

Since it cools way better. Back in the days where I had a 8800GTS that I overclocked obscenely it was the only way to stop it melting.

Correct

Attached: pc.jpg (3264x2448, 1.69M)

Do you actually believe this, or is it poorfag cope? Be honest.

Holy fucking shit. Get a damn case, dude.

Cases are bloat.

Can't the fan's motor mess with some components? Particularly HDDs if it had any.

>Unironically living on a giant floating penis
Lottery

>warm things have more atomic activity and so the computer will run faster.

Where the fuck is the Tabasco bottle? Get this red pepper crap out.

So is dust

water cooling is better

Attached: apple-devices-tub-1.jpg (634x682, 69K)

Since when was the BASED 212 EVO $200?

Then what would I use as a cd-drive support? I would not entertain the idea of having a liquid that close to my computer

>Not really.
This fan looks 30-40W.

>cuckime cuckurine

this post fizzled

>muh dust boogeyman
>i cant have a micron layer of dust gather on my shitty meme parts before i upgrade them in 8 months again
>that wouldnt do!

this isnt a fucking mainframe from the 80s that will be crunching numbers in a dark basement for a decade, no one cares about dust buildup, and if you have so much dust you should clean your fucking room before that become a problem fucks sake.

what is this a tub for ants? (and midgets)

>One recently gave up the ghost though. RIP.
Based German translating their sayings directly without regard for the English language