Why arch linux exist?

Who the fuck can use it for their professional work?

Why do i wanna learn everything on the os? The answer is i can’t learn it because it will take 2-3 lifetime.

Arch and gentoo users are fucking cringe. Please neck yourself you stupid fuck.

Attached: E38480F9-D35E-44C9-AF93-0E5A383DF638.jpg (480x360, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installation_guide
youtube.com/watch?v=4PBqpX0_UOc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Google uses Gentoo.

>Why arch linux exist?
To base Manjaro on. I like that the repo is very recent and pacman is neat. Before snaps and flatpaks were a thing AUR had been pretty sweet too. Arch makes sense to me and I have no issues with Manjaro.

>Who the fuck can use it for their professional work?
People that work from home or that can use their own devices. Not everything is made with professional use in mind either.
"Who the fuck can use Jow Forums for their professional work?" It's a dumb question because it isn't intended for professional use.

>Why do i wanna learn everything on the os?
You don't need to, but generally these "difficult" Linux distributions appeal to those with curious and inquisitive minds. It seems like neither of those traits apply to you though (possible that you're a girl or gay), which would explain your disinterest.

>Arch and gentoo users are fucking cringe. Please neck yourself you stupid fuck.
What's cringe is failing to install Linux and becoming so buttblasted you make this thread.

I can use it for my studies. And one of my professors also uses arch.

>Why do i wanna learn everything on the os?
I do not know an answer to that question.

>The answer is i can’t learn it because it will take 2-3 lifetime.
Just learn the parts you need?
Any distro is as complex as arch if you want to learn everything.

>Why arch linux exist?
Because it is a very good distro for enthusiast use and people who want to set things up for themselves and then gave almost everything just work?

>Lol he thinks arch is hard and lets you know everything in the OS
>He doesn't know about gentoo, crux, nixos, guix or linux from scratch
I dont use arch because it seems like such an easy distro. If you think arch goes deep into confifuration you know nothing and are probably a brainlet. I'm pretty sure its like less than an hour to setup arch nowadays and im talking with a graphical envoronnement and your software

literally just install a DE lmao its the exact same experience as OOTB distros only faster and with a much better package manager + repo. fucking morons

>I'm pretty sure its like less than an hour to setup arch
If you have done it before and have a decent enough internet connection 20-30 minutes is quite reasonable.
Yes, the distro isn't particularly hard to install if you have enough reading comprehension to read the wiki article.

arch and gentoo are a niche for time wasters.
install ubuntu.

it takes 5 minutes to install Arch

I use it just because it werks

Valve provides Arch packages for the new AMD compiler despite only ubuntu being officially supported, that's how based Arch is.

I could, but at work I just go with Ubuntu. I use Arch for everything else, though.

>Why arch linux exist?
why not?
>easy install in minutes
>just werks

It's a good developer distro. Bloated, but that's why.
However for some reasons it has an incredibly high proportion of manbabies, virgins, shitskins, and other types of losers acting as the loud minority, both ruining and cementing its reputation.

> I can’t learn it because it will take 2-3 lifetimes
It's not that hard if you are a white man with a three digit IQ

Attached: 045DE543-EF26-49D5-B478-32F55AC037F4.jpg (546x700, 136K)

Because I want to be able to install and uninstall things without it being like pulling teeth.

Arch is for edgy zoomers.

I'd say twenty minutes, but that's only because I need to fiddle around with the UEFI grub.

You're retarded if you think Arch is about "knowing how your system works". It literally isn't. Most of the time the wiki is a bunch of "do this command, then that command" shit, without explaining much in what's going on. Once you install your OS and set up your desktop environment, you literally never have to touch the stuff you set up at the beginning, it's ridiculous. I personally use Arch, not because I subscribe in their neckbeard philosophy, but because I very much like the package manager and the AUR. If I could make one change to Arch Linux, it would be to introduce an installer (not even a GUI one, an ncurses one!), like Ubuntu Server or Debian.

> "curious and inquisitive minds"
Oh my fuck imagine being this autistic
LEARN TO PROGRAM SCRIPT KIDDIE

Gentoo is what Arch wishes it were.
The fact that you mix the two shows you've never used it.

Based and redpilled

Arch originally did have an installer, but it wad removed to cater to autists.

why do people call arch hard? if anything its easier than a netinstall on any other distro, like debian or whatever

I run it on everything and I make $160K USD as a senior developer and I’m not even at a large company.

Installing Arch is easy. Like you literally have to be brain dead. The instructions are available, step by step on this page: wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installation_guide
There are also videos that show you how to do it: youtube.com/watch?v=4PBqpX0_UOc
Stop being a dumb child. You can learn most of what you need to know in a week. Becoming a great computer user is a life long journey. Strive for excellence in everything you do.

Attached: 1536850284116.png (750x731, 700K)

Arch is easy to setup, you just type in commands from a wiki page and install a DE/WM/emacs

Naw did someone mess up their arch install again?

took me 15 minutes with larbs lmoa