Is btrfs still unstable in 2019?

Is btrfs still unstable in 2019?
If yes, what else I should use?

Attached: 1410433874854.jpg (3000x2000, 617K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

Why don't you read up.

> Re: Massive filesystem corruption since kernel 5.2 (ARCH) Swâmi Petaramesh
>Swâmi Petaramesh
I see indians are doing pretty good job on developing this file system. ;^)

He's a user that got several BTRFS filesystem corruptions after moving from kernel 5.1 to 5.2. He's using a lvm/dmcrypt->luks->btrfs setup.

I'm glad you pointed it out, because that's exactly what you should be aware of. It's a dragon, it might eat your data or it might not.

I've used BTRFS for several years with minimal problems, but that's because I've been using only snapshot, compression and metadata duplication. Anything more, I'd probably have been fucked over once or twice myself.

ZFS is your only alternative at this point if you want bitrot protection with modern features.

Are you saying that you didn't use encryption? But this guy used dmcrypt+luks not the btrfs volumes and encryption, so how is that relevant? How do you intentionally disable features?

>those ogre feet
btrfs still sucks if you don't have backups

yes, it is still unstable. use LVM+XFS, or ZFS

I don't want LVM. I want any reliable self-healing file system with checksum storing for data

I've been using btrfs for my root partition only on Tumbleweed and so far it works great. Encrypted LUKS. It's nice to have snapshots you can revert if you want.
I wouldn't use it for anything else tho.

I remember Btrfs was being hyped and shilled everywhere 5 years ago as the biggest advancement of all time in filesystems and storage overall. Now nobody talks about it

UFS is all you need bro, install OpenBSD.

ZFS

>Now nobody talks about it
because it just works, invisibly and without much configuration necessary, unlike ZFS. file systems in non-WAN applications SHOULD be boring

isn't ZFS is used heavily these days by cloud vendors?

nth for ZFS.

I run it on my server and laptop so I could do incremental backups
kind of wish I had used ZFS because of all the scary stories
it's also slow in synthetic benchmarks and can't do recursive send/receive

>that fuckhuge ankle
You will never be a women, discord tranny.

Yes.
ext4.

Didn't Red Hat drop their support as well? Anyway, btrfs is great for data you don't care about.

>destroys your data
>It Just Works™

feet

did you get hard?

Attached: 1519361827499.jpg (645x716, 101K)

yes, i don't care if it's a dude or a girl

Yes
Bcachefs