Ryzen 3000 series thread

Ryzen 3000 series thread.
How are you enjoying yours?
Facing any issues?

Attached: file.png (1030x685, 911K)

Other urls found in this thread:

community.amd.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/2182-124770/Community_Update5_Detailed_Brief.pdf
gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

3800x
precision boost overdrive+auto oc is fucking broken
issues turboing up to 4.5ghz on 1core
Asus hasnt released bios updates for my x570e strix since launch day.
Pretty shitty experience desu

nvm I figured it out

got meself a x570
no issues so far
i think most of the issues are due to people being too computer illiterate to follow the basic instructions to do a proper flashback

agesa 03ABB got out only yesterday, give it couple weeks for final bios

As a 3900x owner, just enjoy the performance and don't obsess over the clock speeds. What matters is the actual performance and reviews show how even with this clock speed issues, it's still a beast.

It's been a horrible experience.
I went through 3 MB and the fucking CPU still wouldn't work correctly.
Sent it all back and switched back to Intel. Now it just werks

>expecting asus to release a bios update before 2020

Attached: 1560869696660.gif (540x540, 279K)

Upgraded from 8350 to 3700x
Fresh install on Nvme
x570 TUF board
Temps are a little higher but still overall temps in room has gone down with stock wraith prism.
Hits 4.39-4.15 on some workloads
Massively increased performance compared to other shit CPU.
Im happy, will just wait for some bios updates from Asus to fix issues that others are reporting.
I had more issues with windows 10 than I did with my CPU/bios/RAM, It had no issues posting. Feel bad for those with issues on the x470 and B450 boards.

3500u here.
I'm really loving it, and the battery life is great but AMD needs to fix an issue ive noticed.

>The cpu is only allowed 15watts at all times, so when gaming that is spread across the cpu and Vega 8 GPU.
For some reason, in many games the cpu is turbo boosting up (when not needing too) and stealing power from the iGPU, this hurting performance.

Anybody know a fix?

Attached: 1559337030677.gif (245x281, 273K)

Got a 9600k for 150 usd on Amazon prime day so, thanks amd! Tbh it's not fair to say that since it was on a bundle with a 180 usd Asus mobo and 95 usd 1tb nvme (two things I wanted too) but it was still pretty sweet. All that shit for 420 usd was a great deal tho

gigabyte releases them every months, not always good ones
but I'm happy enough they update me on agesa at all for x370 board

My 3700X goes above 80 °C with the stock cooler so for the first time I'm going to have to get a serious one.

should i be microing my 3700x for voltage?
i stopped using this performance monitor i've used for years (and love) because i noticed that it makes the processor stick to 1.0V when idling.
am i right to give it up? when i dont use it ryzen master shows 0.7v-0.8v idle.

Mine idles below 1.0v and often see it below .8v
Using latest Ryzen master to monitor.
latest HWinfo works well, but it lists many of the chips as an engineering sample.
BTW I use the lastest chipset AMD released and use the Ryzen balanced power plan.

so do i, but when i let SidebarDiagnostics run i rarely see voltage drop below 1.0v in Ryzen Master. it sucks, i really like this program.

Are you using a previous gen board ie B450/X470?

if you really want to know voltage sue CPUz, mine goes down to 0.2v
what you should be watching is temperature and VRM temperature

a lot
and you

Attached: 1564512805714.png (1920x1080, 1M)

Attached: 49286ff1-6fcb-4a8f-a749-9b89dc610649..png (800x480, 162K)

MSI X570 Gaming Plus

My 3800x idles between 45-55 And is 70 under load. Is this typical? I reseated the cooler while trying to get my gpu to utilize more pcie lanes and wondering if I need to repaste.

set voltage on 2.5

my 3600x fluctuates(just like 1600x) from 28C to 45C, fans kick in at 53C+
did you update chipset driver and set it to new ryzen balanced power plan?
also stop running monitoring tools in background for couple hours, and then check what is temp like

i got an older ryzen. worked really good at first then the performance degraded a shit ton. any fixes?

currently on a xeon e3-1231 and thinking about to upgrade to a 3700x.

can someone redpill me whats the "best" mainboard manufacturer?

my gigabyte h97m-d3h never let me down/bios looks good and still running without an issue. how are gigabyte boards nowadays?

how good is the stock cooler? im not planing to OC

lol dont do this (dont think its even possible to go that high)

it should be fine, 70c with such a small die size is gonna be the norm for the next few years, The better thing is to look for is how rapidly it cools, if its not cooling fast, then it may need a better cooler or overall more airflow in the case to remove stagnant hot air.

cope

Perhaps memory issues or drive failures,
Doesnt sound like an issue with the CPU unless its temperature throttling due to dust buildup, but Im sure user thoroughly cleans the dust away on a monthly basis?

>how are gigabyte boards nowadays?
can't complain on gamign 5 since zen 1, they fuck up bios time to time
just don't update right away

hmm well I bought another two crucial sticks to put in so it might honestly be the memory

3700x on x370 CH6 board, having boot issues
Can only successfully boot by safe mode to bios then save and reset.
Can't stay in bios for long as it will randomly freeze.
Waiting for BIOS updates, tried 3 different updates and didn't fix my issues.

Will wait for more bios updates, but it's pretty shitty beta testing.

kys please

im going to build tomorrow, whats the best method to apply Thermalpaste for ryzen 3000, X or just a dot?

3700x on x570 aorus pro itx here
it's been pretty comfy so far, a little concerned about temps at first but ever since the new chipset drivers and ryzen master update it's been a lot better.

it comes with paste

>people bought Asus boards like strix e.

Why are Asus fags so retarded?

im going to install another cooler, so any tips ?

Waiting for ryzen 5000 to release so I can buy 4600 for half the price.

If you bought it to run along side some other memory, even if its the same type, its probably not running in dual rank mode.

>0.2v

LOL that's fucking impossible. Either software error or you're confused

Blue screens when installing Windows 10, is it the RAM?

3700X btw

From what I've seen it doesn't matter. Just put a dot

Not him, but CPU-z reported 0.2 lowest for me too.

put a dot 1/3.5 size of your pinky nail
i'm serious, can make it bigger, cooler will push out everything that isn't needed

>when installing Windows 10
you sure your flashdrive you installing from is okay? also can be RAM, in theory, set bios to defaults while installing

Brainlet.
>If a processor core is truly running no workload, the processor core will be placed into the “Core C6” (CC6) power-gated sleep state. Presently, AMD Ryzen Master is the only tool that can show this CC6 state (Figure 3 below). This state may be opportunistically engaged hundreds of times per second. Voltages in this condition might be as low as 0.200V, and clockspeeds down to 0MHz/Sleep are also possible.
>a. Sidenote: It is also possible for all cores to be in CC6. If this happens, the processor can selectively shut down uncore components and enter an even deeper state called Package C6 (PC6).
community.amd.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/2182-124770/Community_Update5_Detailed_Brief.pdf

>tfw still waiting for ASRock's mITX X570 board with full bandwidth thunderbolt

Attached: waiting forever.jpg (400x400, 29K)

zen2 can gate cores

Attached: 757457575464.jpg (806x804, 142K)

Still waiting for my 3900x

Put some on, maybe pea sized or lager, spread it around if its a type of paste that comes with a spreader, and dont think about it since most of the paste will be squeezed out the sides and only an incredibly thin layer will even exist later from all the mounting pressure and heat allowing for it to become more fluid.
If you did it wrong its because your a mongoloid and your system will end up telling you that you are a retard when it constantly shuts down or that there isnt enough airflow in general.

Same
Which e-die is better a 3000 cl15 or 3200 cl 16 ?

What mobo and bios version are you using to get such low vcore?
Ive only seen my 3700x go as low as .6 but I dont really mind since Im not as paranoid as all the others.

>refering to a pinky nail as measurement
>refering to spoons and cups
>not using the metric system
why are ameritards like that?

f41
Gigabyte x370 gaming 5

3600 b450 Tomahawk here, running perfectly.
Only issue during install was that it would not post without a gpu installed. But thats my fault for being a fucking retard

X370 boards seem to be based as fuck. All these people struggling with voltage and temperatures and their whirring chipset fan, yet here's my Crosshair VI Hero running a 3700X cool and quiet as can be, idling in the 30s at

Attached: tsop.gif (500x347, 730K)

3700X, voltages are fine after the new chipset drivers. Still getting WHEA errors so just waiting on a bios update. After that the only issue is a rather rare crash when my PC is idle, no BSOD, no error reports, just an unexpected shutdown, I imagine it's the PSU but I feel like I won't really know for sure until the platform is fully up to date + stable and I can rule out shitty drivers etc.

Yes I updated the drivers yesterday and saw no change except it now idles at 1v instead of 1.45. I had already adjusted my fan response time though. It does run a lot cooler after the vrms cool down.
It cools fine, just real spikey both directions

THIS KILLS THE AYYMD RYPOO HOUSEFIRES GARBAGE

Attached: 1564669261147.png (650x350, 19K)

>1.0.0.3 AB
Wish the dumbasses at ASUS would post what agesa version each bios version contains like Gigabyte.

Waiting for ASUS update their x370 mainboard so I can buy 3900x.
But 3900x is sold out everywhere in my country so I am not mind waiting desu.

did you lower the minimum processor state in the power plan settings?
I saw mine after I installed the chipset drivers at %99 minimum with a max of %100, even though it never stayed at either.

which anus board did you buy?

Already refunded mine. 60 degrees at idle with 1.5Voltage on single core is a hard pass.

X570 TUF, im pretty happy with it though since I had no issues posting, but then again it better since its a fuckin x570 that supposedly comes ready for Ryzen 3000.

how do I make it run in dual rank mode?

you pick one the only two solid anus board the other is the hero,good job user.

>tards had all sorts of issues with 1xxx
>got a refresh when all kinks got ironed out and had a perfect experience
>3xxx comes out
>people complain about this and that again
I'll wait for a refresh or grab a 3900X if 4xxx is confirmed to be new socket.
I'm good with 2700X for now.

This
I returned mine

4xxx isn't new socket yet
new socket in 2021

new socket is am4+ aka 4 more pins

3600 with a msi b450 pro carbon ac

No problems whatsoever. Great experience. Good moment to buy. Low mem price, bought a 1tb ssd crucial ssd for 100€, 60 for 16 gb mem. Amazing

is the 212X going to be much better than the box Wraith Prism? my adapter just got here but i'm not sure if i should install it (i'd need to buy thermal paste too)

Damn son, I'm really sorry

never buy new shit. wait 6 months.

Last good Asus boards were Z87. It steeply went downhill after that.

You wont be running in quad rank on an older Ryzen (i dont think they even support it but I could be wrong)
So each stick is more than likely running in single rank, which would bring a bandwidth penalty compared to dual channel.
So you would need to buy 2 sticks of RAM to get that dual channel benefit which you probably had before.
So buying 2x8GB or 2x16GB sticks at whatever MHz that your board and CPU can support.

>just shut up goy

Kys

totally fucking up this meme by using it wrong

>buy 2x8
thats expensive as fuck and the performance was fine before

I bought a Micron E-Die and I overcloked it from 3200CL16 to 3600CL16, 1.38v. No problems.

>2x8GB is expensive
you fuckin wut?

Go back

I just got 03AB on my my asus prime x470 pro tho.

Attached: Screenshot_20190801-134155~2.png (1080x1259, 101K)

3700X and MSI B450 Carbon, been working like a dream and MSI has been doing a good job of cranking out BIOS updates for Tomahawk and Carbon mobos. Only issue I had was the default CPU fan curve was set a bit to aggressively on the low end so I raised it up a bit.

I have the same board.
Is the update safe?

Also, I noticed the cursor in the bios is choppy with the 3700X, while it's smooth when using an Athlon200GE.

>How are you enjoying yours?
Not at all, waiting for 7nm APUs. So 4000 series I guess?

For now I'm comfy on my FX-6300.

>3500u here.
Enjoy your Zen+ CPU in the age of Zen 2. AMD's naming scheme is really fuckin' annoying.

Got a 3600X with stock cooler. All the Ryzen power profiles cause the CPU voltage to stay at 1.4v - 1.5v with CPU temps constantly jumping between 40c and 60c, which in turn makes the noisy stock CPU fan ramp up and down like crazy while I’m browsing the web. Also getting WHEA errors and a few BSODs related to my Samsung SSD (which has been 100% stable for over a year in my laptop).

ABB BIOS made zero difference. Total dumpster fire.

>ABB BIOS made zero difference.
which isn't out on any board yet, I hope you get paid for lying

Is that a nipple?

gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

Attached: Untitled.png (1441x623, 109K)

It is normal to have flucuating idle temps, the cpu constantly ramps up for background tasks. Notice when you do something like game or stream, it will flatten out and stay at a lower temp.

Normally not, no. But on Ryzen 3000 it is.

I really wish there would be nudes of her

2700x does the same thing with the newest chipset drivers

Overclock by CCX not by core dumbass. Watch Derb8ur video.

I honestly think that windows 10 1903 didnt actually bring the scheduling set that AMD said it would
That or a combination of both with poor bios releases, since the release bios for my x570 TUF seems to get me more consistent spikes to advertised boost while also decent idles maintain ~30c

So is AMD sandbagging (unlikely) or are there other things at play, like incompetence
negligence or malice.