HAHAHAHAA

HAHAHAHAA
HHHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHHAHAAHAHHAAHHAAHA

Attached: Screenshot_20190801_155622.png (742x241, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph14664/111797.png
anandtech.com/show/14664/testing-intel-ice-lake-10nm/3
images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph14664/111760.png
semiaccurate.com/2019/06/05/a-look-at-intels-ice-lake-and-sunny-cove/
amazon.in/gp/bestsellers/computers/1375391031
mercurynews.com/2019/07/19/korean-american-software-engineer-claims-discrimination-by-intel-managers-of-indian-descent/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Imagine caring about gamecache because your chips have horrible latency

NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo muh sauce

Attached: 1544667387109.png (813x1402, 324K)

Attached: 1564512100456.jpg (805x704, 256K)

Bunch of OoO hardware is useless if you can't use it.
Maybe Intel can properly utilize it next arch

By all measure Sunny Cover has better performance per clock than Skylake, user. Increasing cache latency by a single clock cycle means literally nothing when you have instructions retiring and being reissued less due to misses.

It sure as fuck should have better per clock performance than skylake, it came out in 2015

Just finished reading the preview, decent uarch but the abysmal clocks are killing it, absolutely awful.

Nice IPC gains

Attached: 111797.png (650x350, 19K)

Wew, it's actually better IPC than the 9900k

very nice, too bad it's a low clock mobile chip

>abysmal clocks are killing it
OH NONONO

images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph14664/111797.png

>Ice Lake quad-core faster than AMD 12 cores

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

>IPC up 20%
>frequency down 20%
>base clock down 20%
>PL2 increased by 15%

Kek.
The only good thing about this uarch is the GPU, but only on paper until you have to deal with Intel's shitty drivers in old games they never had fixes for.

Fingers crossed that Zen gains a couple ALUs and maybe another AGU

It'll take them a while to improve yields to the point that they can produce reliable 4ghz+ 4c/8t and larger dies.

>>IPC up 20%
>>frequency down 20%
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: 1559056252058.jpg (1510x1593, 662K)

Intoddlers.

Attached: debiru3.png (879x944, 546K)

based

Are you a retard? Intel has fixed all security issues in hardware for Ice Lake

anandtech.com/show/14664/testing-intel-ice-lake-10nm/3

AYYMD getting DESTROYED soon in performance and power efficiency

IT'S STILL CORE ARCHITECTURE IT'S POZZED TO INFINITY RETARDED FAGGOT SHILL

STAY MAD FOREVER WITH YOUR 10NM LOW CLOCKED POZZED HOUSEFIRE GARBAGE TRASH

Attached: 1528292848450.jpg (811x1024, 223K)

images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph14664/111760.png

THIS KILLS THE AYYMD & AYYMDPOORFAGS

>15W
>uses 50W half the turbo boost range

SHITel fanboys forever pozzed and housefired

>avx-512
No one uses that shit.

Wouldn't be a certified "Ultrabook" chip unless it caused first degree burns with prolonged use.

Wonder how much power the GPU is using during gaming, 64EU + 3733MHz memory is not a small amount of power.

AMD goes 7nm+ next year with vastly better yields efficiency and clocks and Intel barely gets to 10nm kek.

Attached: 1563455436921.jpg (1035x1000, 189K)

HOLY FUCK
AYYMD IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

>The fan is on 100%
Everyone go home, throttlelake will run at 2.0GHz

Get ready for 1771W pozzed housefires

AMD goes to 7nm EUV with what might be a considerably wider core than Zen2. Its going to be wild.

I love it.
Should I just sell my threadripper system and pick up an intel KFC edition.

Oh yeah they even called it Zen3 and not 2+ so maybe we'll get nice gains.

10nm is mobile shit and won't come out in 2019, maybe 2020, MAYBE.

Attached: 500px-14nm_improv_10_delays.svg.png (500x227, 34K)

I love it. Not the intel product but rather the anti amd expressions. Lovely.
Should I just sell my threadripper system and pick up an intel KFC edition.

>Fingers crossed that Zen gains a couple ALUs and maybe another AGU
The thing is already 11-wide.

It's nice but I'm keeping my 1600 for a little longer. At least until Ryzen 4000 is out.

Fatten Decode, the Reorder buffer, and go full 2+2 AGU, and work on hammering down latency further.

They're still using perceptron for L1, that will likely change for zen3, the backend needs more resources as well, Sunnylake OoO window is fucking enormous. If things turn out well they could probably get back the 64kb L1D cache they had in Zen, maybe at the cost of a few uop cache entries?

AMD's decode is big enough already, 4 complex decoders compared to Intel's 4 simple + 1 complex.

Ah ok then. Maybe increasing the number of dispatches to execution per cycle that can be done? IIRC isnt it currently capped at 6/cycle? Might not do much for single thread performance, but SMT performance would see an even bigger increase with more resources to use on a per-clock basis.

Attached: AMDBTFO.png (675x51, 4K)

I dont understand what these numbers mean, can somebody explain?

how long before ian starts working for intel PR? there's pretty much zero gains outside of synthetics and AVX

Attached: .png (673x1353, 96K)

and gaymen i guess. but you wouldn't buy the newest 10th gen intel without a shiny new nvidia dGPU too now would you goyim?
the only thing to conclude from this is that intel has worse thermals/Ghz as opposed to skylag++. doesn't even clock up to 4Ghz in actual use but under the same (((TDP))) still gets similar CPU scores.

Attached: .png (704x1323, 865K)

Its gonna be bad news bears for AMD whenever intel finally scales the IPC gains to desktop. 18% ipc over skylake on a 4.6ghz 8 core would rape AMD, if they could deliver at a reasonable price point.

If cannon lake has these ipc enchancents and is also still on 14nm at 5ghz its going to be a home run for intel

>STILL loses to coffin lake in gimp pov-ray and blender

Attached: 1542027477262.png (807x745, 205K)

Better IPC but lower Hz/W.

They have to jump to avx 512 if they dont want to end up two years behind intel, hopefully we see it on zen 3. And if we do the extra width might allow for 3 way smt but I still think AMD doesnt have the balls to implement it.

Real talk, I bet zen 3 has an improved IO die, larger uOP cache, and maybe some revised piplining at most

No they didn't you nigger

imagine going backwards in thermal efficiency when moving to a smaller node.

>IPC up 20%
>frequency down 20%

Really? Because
> 0.8 * 1,2 = 0.96
would result in a 4% performance loss.

>decent IPC gains
>terrible clocks
>throttling and 100% fan speed

Post yfw Charlie was right again.

semiaccurate.com/2019/06/05/a-look-at-intels-ice-lake-and-sunny-cove/

Attached: [Mori] Gabriel Dropout - OVA 01 [720p][68AF8CA4].mkv_snapshot_03.00_[2017.03.31_09.06.03].jpg (1280x720, 161K)

>They have to jump to avx 512 if they dont want to end up two years behind intel, hopefully we see it on zen 3. And if we do the extra width might allow for 3 way smt but I still think AMD doesnt have the balls to implement it.
Is anyone actually using AVX512 for anything? Intel just endlessly shits out new instructions as the patents for the original X86 have long expired.

No, AVX512 is a huge meme that's only parroted by the dumbest of shills.

The 19% better IPC was true.
Yes, the frequency is lower. For now.
Remember that AMD also is having problems with frequencies. How long will AMD hold up?

You realize Zen 3 is coming next year, right?

>2.0GHz
NOOOO INTELBROS IT WAS OUR TURN

>posting links to images on a IMAGE board

Attached: 1513822395762.jpg (1280x720, 160K)

Pajeets are generally the ones who buy AMD, not Intel. Pajeets can't afford toilets, what makes you think they can afford the higher socioeconomic status chaddius Intel hardware?

Attached: cringe.jpg (1600x1167, 346K)

>18% ipc over 2015 cpu
lol so it's more like 5% from coffin lake to sunny cope

t-thanks intel

OH NONONONO AHAHAHAHAAHAAHAAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAH

amazon.in/gp/bestsellers/computers/1375391031

Attached: 1558950008166.jpg (1365x1280, 810K)

AMD could be 10% faster per clock I'd still buy Intel to avoid their fucking shitty quality control and failure rates.

>Shill tried FUD! It wasn't very effective ...

>using pajetel ever
mercurynews.com/2019/07/19/korean-american-software-engineer-claims-discrimination-by-intel-managers-of-indian-descent/

Imagine shilling without being paid.

Great iGPU gains, but as expected of a *lake CPU the architecture is still shit for the CPU itself.

It won't reach 4.6GHz, you retard. It'll struggle to even get 4GHz on a 200W desktop chip. That's how bad the process is.

Really it's a break even.
Increased density itself improves IPC through lower intra-core latencies.
Not that that's good.

AVX and AVX2 are extremely useful and finally getting used today almost a decade after their introduction. SSE is the older standard of them.

AVX256 starts getting into meme territory which'll pretty much never be used in games, and AVX512 is full meme that's for HPC servers only.

based

>AVX256 starts getting into meme territory which'll pretty much never be used in games, and AVX512 is full meme that's for HPC servers only.
profound ignorance

AVX is 100000% used in production software like 3d packages and after effects and premiere and video encoding

Only /v/ thinks like this

>Really it's a break even.
yeah it's break even in benchmarks for 15W parts, which means 10th gen with lower clocks uses more power than 8/9th gen with higher clocks. and AVX uses way more than the TDP allows for. dumbfuck.

Attached: .png (1529x1000, 126K)

>/v/ is in this thread and thinks computers are just for gaming

Attached: out.webm (1280x720, 2.02M)

>15w laptop ship
>boosts to over 50w before throttling hard and settling at roughly 15w~ under load

I love laptops that get nuclear hot. Thank you based intel.

>amd people in this thread trying to justify their poo-technology purchase by bashing on innovation

OH NO NO NO NO

By the way, it's too late to quit now, Robert. Too late.

You didn't read my post, retard.

>renderman in 2019
lol

holy shit lmao

AYYMD has no AVX-512 and getting DESTROYED in performance

ahem

>*NEW* RENDERMAN DOESNT MATTER!!!!!!!

Yes, but how good will it really be?

>>amd people in this thread trying to justify their poo-technology purchase by bashing on innovation

Attached: 1492855909643.png (1228x1502, 944K)

Yeah they obviously had to make the cores much wider to achieve this big IPC bump. Guess that's a risk they have to take if they want to overtake Ryzen IPC. Power? When it comes to GPU comparision between AMD and Nvidia, power consumption suddendly doesn't matter, so I laugh everytime some AMD warriors mentions intel's tdp.

Zen 3 will also have to be less power efficient if it's going to be an improvement over Zen 2, unless of course 7EUV or w/e they're gonna use is gonna be noticeably more efficient.

WAIT FOR 10NM INTELBRO- OH NONONONO

Reminder next year Intel will be fighting AMD's refined 7nm process.

Zen3 is a different arch, not a refresh of Zen2.

>AMD's refined 7nm process.
TSMC's, AMD can't do shit on their own

That's even worse for Intel

Skylake came out in 2015 but the newest i7s are all Skylake derivatives

The 9900k is just a 8-core Skylake

Yeah all the 14nm Lakes after Skylake were just intel going full panic after getting caught by Zen. with their pants down. I hope Intel gets their shit together, it'll only make next Zen generation better and even better priced.

We don't really need to worry about another Bulldozer happening because now AMD has all this sweet sweet Zen & console money they can spend on proper R&D.

>they can spend on proper R&D.
Intel could and still failed.

Either way VIA is back and will crush both of them.

>*NEW* Cache latency doesn't matter

Intel will kill AMD and turn them into Cyrix, VIA and Motorola.

Intel is literally finished and will become fabless soon.

>fabless
>a bad thing
Intel with TSMC or Samsung 7nm would bankrupt AMD.

>Intel could and still failed.
They could but they didn't fail, they just didn't... exactly that - they didn't.

>losing node advantage is a good thing
No matter what Intel does, they lost.

This is how zen works too retard

This makes no sense. There's absolutely no reason for Intel to go fabless. AMD had no choice but to drop GloFo because AMD was bleeding money everywhere and had to to something, anything to save themselves.
Intel flopped on 10nm but at this point by no means are they in bad financial situation - at least for now.

>This makes no sense. There's absolutely no reason for Intel to go fabless. AMD had no choice but to drop GloFo because AMD was bleeding money everywhere and had to to something, anything to save themselves.
>Intel flopped on 10nm but at this point by no means are they in bad financial situation - at least for now.
They have too many damn employees. 107,000 for intel vs 10,000 for AMD. The bulk are almost certainly middle management, sales people and other useless staff. The price of high end xeons has gone from about $1000 when the pentium4 was around to $14k+ and midrange ones are about 5k. They now consider their obscene server prices and monopoly as the norm, as soon as they lose any sever marketshare it's going to be brutal. They won't be able to survive if they have to sell server CPUs at competitive prices, instead of making good use of a decade of free money they have blown it all on corporate bloat.

Zen 1 was already more intelligent about boost than Skylake and Zen 2 blows it out of the water. The technology is years beyond Intel.