How do i delete a file without it able to be recoverable?

I know that a file is pretty much non recovarable if i write a bunch of 0 and 1s over it but what is the best way to do it on windows?
Should i just make a partition, move it there and format that?

Image is very much related to what video it was.

Attached: wall3.png (1920x1080, 872K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tNUsoangGFs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Its on my work computer.
Im somewhat dissapointed in going down that route with the videos im watching. But I still regret nothing!

Was it LOLI?

stop saving cp in your computer dumbo, that's how they catch you

A tool called hammer is very effective.

not against the fbi

i could explain why "move it there and format that" wouldn't help, but, shit, i don't want to type in an entire lecture on devices, filesystems, file allocation tables and such.

Stop jacking off to kids would help.

best way to get rid of a file permanently is delete it, then copy the largest file you have onto that device. keep copying that file on there under different names until the device is almost full, then delete the copies of the large file. they should have overwritten the space where your deleted file was.

Secure erase the drive.

CCleaner has a tool to wipe your free space multiple times.

why are you even bothered about the fbi?

Am i doing it right?

Attached: Capture.png (338x286, 8K)

What about bleachbit?

DBAN that shit.

>Its on my work computer.
Yu
You done goofed up, bucko. They will find out what sites you went to and what you downloaded through logs. Better go to your sysadmin and hope your ass is tight enough to satisfy him.

If you are paranoid why not just destroy the drive beyond all repair? Not even glow in the darks will get it back if you meme micro wave it, smash it to bits and put it in a fire.

youtube.com/watch?v=tNUsoangGFs

Stuff was downloaded at home and im the main IT guy.

delete file normally, then run in cmd cipher /w:[drive], e.g.
cipher /w:c:
it will nuke all free space on the drive

done :)

>Its on my work computer
bro wtf

Never heard of it.

opensource ccleaner alternative

works on my machine

Wouldn't overwriting the file be the best thing to do first? Like writing a program that replaces all the bytes in the file with random bits.

Attached: bluekatie_asmr_56611753_362761544340808_6474370608105180844_n.jpg (1080x606, 59K)

>main IT guy
>doesn't know how to securely delete files

What type of storage device are you wiping data from?

Destroy the medium

Where do you usually find those videos, OP? Was it that Peruano lad?

Hanes 32gb sock

yeah good idea, then just hunt down the 30 random pieces of meta-data related to that file which are all over your desktop now, which you have no idea the location of cus your on winbolows, and go ahead and write over those too. I'm sure you'll be fine, you definitely don't need to get an entire new hdd or anything.

Attached: pinkpurp_tzuyu.jpg (563x692, 61K)

man shred

bleachbit

Honestly user your best bet it to remove the drive and use a literally hammer. After that, you need to grind the disks into dust and add water, salt, and flour. Then you have to turn it into bread and feed it to nearby pigeons to scatter the remains

There is no other way

>Main IT guy

How did you even get your job? Jesus. Did you buy your way into the industry? In all seriousness, if time isn't a constraint, just delete it and never say anything. The data will be overwritten eventually as time goes on. If not, there are plenty of open source software that will wipe drives using DOD standards. Learn you lesson next time, don't do stupid shit on shared computers. Have a dedicated server or machine for your sick shit

Physically destroying the drive is the best option. You could use a file shreader such Eraser or EraserDrop both found in portableapps.com. The flaw with file shreading is that it's useless to shread individual files on flash media such as flash drives and SD cards since it just marks the sectors as deleted and puts the modified file on the next sectors. Only way is to shread the whole drive. File shreading is only best for hard drives, but it can be flawed on hybrid drives.

Why would anyone care about your anime videos?

sudo shred /dev/sda
and stop jerking off to cp at work you tard

ata secure erase (only real answer short of hardware destruction)