What do I do with these

What do I do with these

Attached: 1E041242-CA9C-458A-A6D1-816FF96F9791.jpg (3128x2448, 2.1M)

Send to electronics recycling/disposal. These aren't even good cases to do ghetto cloud storage with, not enough drive space.

Maybe sell the CRT displays to some retro madmen.

Build the world’s least powerful supercomputing cluster.

take the shtiest one and put a fucking threadriper in it, people do it with cars why not with computers.

Set up three retro gaming machines with the best hardware you have.
DOS, Windows 98SE, and Mac OS 9. Sell the rest on eBay or Craigslist.

>Send to electronics recycling/disposal.

Pretty much this OP

maybe see if any of the old macs work, mactards will pay out for working vintage systems

>take the shtiest one and put a fucking threadriper in it
this is another good idea, see if any of them have enough room for a crazy pc build. then youd get a sleeper case, with bitchin fast hardware for maximum keks

These are more powerful than arduinos and people made cluster with these.

They might simply be even less power EFFICIENT though, but do you really want to win on that end and why don't you use electric heaters in your cluster then?

drive to san francisco
smash them
watch hipsters cry

have a shit in the cases and sell them to old people for more money than they are worth

recycle internals and use cases as flowerpots

Put the macs back in the dumpster where you found them.
Reinstall Windows 98 on the others and host an Age of Empires LAN party.

>Age of Empires LAN party.
fuck yeah

Attached: wololo.jpg (480x360, 12K)

restore them to their former glory and sell them on ebay

or restore them to their former glory, hoard them for 50 years, and sell them at some big name auction

Attached: acd2bcfaa8ef3aeb82bed14a799191e2.jpg (520x488, 31K)

don't listen to this guy. the second you get rid of them is when they will become very valuable. this always happens to me.

insert floppies would be nice

Attached: 2409635_0.jpg (630x630, 53K)

Install gentoo

Repurpose your old cd drive to a burning red laser and use the CPU cooler as a heatsink for it.

There are yt tutorials for this( styropyro as a recommendation)

Those extra parts cost you around 5$

keep them safe
you will need them soon when the war strikes

Give them to me, faggot.

any pentium 3 in the batch?
send it to me, please

Give it back Jamal

Where are you from? Would you be interested in selling the iMac?

Attached: ZEqh0vl.jpg (1200x900, 223K)

I'm the only one here who noticed the Mac clone.
God bless you John Scully.

If they have ISA sound cards, they are worth keeping for DOS/98se games.

I have no idea what you do with old Macs.

The Mac clone is a collectors item. Rare. Hold onto that. Maybe get some SCSI to SD card drives for it.

Ebay prices for old computers are insane. What was considered worthless a few years ago now goes for hundreds of dollars.

The CRT looks cool I'd take it

its a shitty optiquest

>Mac OS 9 for gaming
Tetris & Farmville?

The Macs can be sold on eBay for nostalgia values. Others should be sent to an electronics recycling place.

This is a picture from some guy who actually posted it on Jow Forums a while ago.
He only kept one of the Macs, can't remember which one.
He threw away the Power Computing, thinking it was worthless. I'm serious.

give me one!

Sell them to a retro basedboy.

If any of them have Voodoo cards, you can sell those for a pretty penny on eBay

Arduino cluster notwithstanding, given that it’s a total meme, a raspi cluster with the same number of nodes would probably be an order of magnitude more powerful.

The Marathon trilogy, possibly other games that exist in the Mac ecosystem I dunno. People like old Macs for some reason.

FIREEEEEEEE
*Night of Fire in*

>These aren't even good cases
the Enlight one is great
fuck-all for cable management features but the quietest case I ever had. it dampened any and all noise near perfectly

Attached: th.jpg (474x632, 28K)

put oberon and temple os on them

Attached: dead crawfish.png (500x683, 154K)

Farmville on OS 9? Are you retarded?

Sell them to hipsters and nostalgiafags. I have sorta fond memories of playing Dexter's Laboratory: Science ain't fair (which I think you had to get by mailing in cereal box barcodes) on a presario like that purple one.
Not that you know I'd ever want to actually do that again. The built in CD container was neat though.

Sell the left one on Ebay, got rid of mine then it was worth thousands

So him and op are retarded

How easy is it to make a home server out of old pcs?

Make at least several hundred on eBay.

I had totally forgotten about this and was just about to tell OP the Power Computing clone was just about the only system in that picture really worth keeping, holy fuck.

I've seen exactly one Mac clone in the ten or so years I've been literally hoarding shit, and I'm going to be buried with it.

Attached: starmax-2x.jpg (4032x3024, 2.97M)

They'll pay for non working systems as well if their competent enough to learn about how it works and fix it

>People like old Macs for some reason

The comfy factor

Attached: 26088732991_219e9aa129_o.jpg (4273x2851, 2.68M)

>mactoddlers
>people

I remember when Mac clones were literally worthless. Around 2006 my sister's design college was throwing out dozens of them. I picked up a Umax SuperMac of some kind, probably one of the lower-end consumer models. Fucked around with it for a bit, put it in storage, and left it with my parents when I headed off to College myself in '09. The later threw it out as well, but of course left the far less valuable Power Mac 6100 because "it might have important documents on it" (it didn't). It was only when I found out these things were worth hundreds, if not thousands of dollars did I got looking for it.

The only form factor I liked was the Mac II, even if it was just a beige box because it was everything Jobs' boat anchor is not. They even designed it without his knowledge because he woulda thrown a shit fit if he knew

Attached: MacII.jpg (600x483, 68K)

Job apparently threw a fit when he came back to Apple. Said "the products suck, they don't have any sex in them"

And thus the Outrigger chassis died, and in time so would Mac expandability

bulk disposal

Guess everything goes through that kind of phase, just look at IBM PCs and PS/2s, or old Suns and SGIs. Most clones weren’t all that great quality-wise and it’s mostly the history in them or subjective preference that makes them worthwhile, except of course the real specialty shit like Daystar machines.
Wat, in terms of expandability Outrigger is pretty much the same as the B&W+, except the latter has a way less braindead layout, somewhat better internal architecture and superior build quality. The internal plastics on my beige G3s are almost universally fucked.

>Contrarians pretending to hate old computers
Bunch of faggots the lot of you

Attached: 1024px-IBM_5100_-_MfK_Bern-59bf0d03685fbe0011695252.jpg (768x563, 63K)

The Macs at least are worth something. The rest could probably be sold for a few bucks too.

>except the latter has a way less braindead layout
I'd love to see your design for a desktop case which fits full size parts and is as compact and as easy to upgrade as the Outrigger.

>A computer that literally nobody used in any appreciable way
there is no nostalgia value with these. they are only strange relics.
An IBM 5155 on the other hand is a lot more relevant.

A B&W without skins occupies pretty much the same footprint and is definitely easier to work on no matter how beige it isn’t. All three hard disk trays are placed together in a logical fashion, memory and PCI expansion is much more accessible, no pointless, brittle plastics on the inside constantly falling apart. Outrigger desktops maybe are a little narrower than average, but also taller. From personal experience I’d hardly call any of them particularly compact.

This. Every time I throw something out within weeks if not sooner I will need it. I've held on to things for over ten years till finally I am like fuck this, and trow it away. Sure as fuck I will need it within days.

Only because it has the ThinkPad company logo on it. Nobody’s really nostalgic for IBM Business Boxes either, they’re just interesting, like some of these systems.

i'd buy the Macintosh for novelty use