Why do companies discontinue products that are universally loved by everyone without putting out a replacement model?

Why do companies discontinue products that are universally loved by everyone without putting out a replacement model?

Fucking why?

Attached: thinkpad_bt_keyboard.jpg (1080x810, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.thinkpads.com/.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because they don't fucking sell at full price and only sell to Jow Forums autists used and cheap

>Because they don't fucking sell at full price
The fuck does that mean? I'm pretty sure I'd refer to pay extra for a new one - or better, newer model - rather than fish for used ones on ebay.

I want this with cherry mx brown switches

>trackpoint
>universally loved
only smelly NEETs are a fan of the trackpoint

You and maybe 2 other people on Jow Forums, plus they cost more than you think new

That would make it quite bulky, not really portable.

Something like the Shinobi or Yoda II from TEX?

I've met plenty of people who are not just programmers that like trackpoints.

Attached: yoda_2.jpg (2093x1600, 135K)

>not portable
who says I wouldnt want one for my desktop

also yea, but with the arrow keys

So like the shinobi?

Why arrow keys though? You can just hold Fn and use awsd or hjkl depending on how you set it up.

Attached: shinobi_tex.jpg (832x555, 83K)

>Why do companies discontinue products that are universally loved by everyone without putting out a replacement model?
Usually because the company would be forced to raise its prices due to manufacturing costs, or they would have to sacrifice quality of the product. Consumer research would probably show them that neither is acceptable to their target consumer, so they discontinue the model.

>universally loved by everyone

Everytime I post my Thinkpad USB keyboard either here in /tpg/ or Jow Forumsthinkpad people asks what it is. It's a very niche product not many people know about.

This. Unfortunately.

Do you have a Shinobi and if so, do you like it?

Recently picked up this keyboard. Use it more than my advantage II now.

I do not, but I'm tempted to buy it and display it on my wall in a glass case.

>chicklet keyboard

They promised to release it by the end of this year.

This a good modern Thinkpad easily costs you 2000 if you don't get student discounts.

*cracks*
*sips*

Attached: IMG_20190801_200907753.jpg (3264x1220, 629K)

Don't be sad that the good days have ended. Be glad that it wasn't always like this.

Looking to the past for comfort instead of changing the future for the better is the most retarded thing possible.

Model?

Please tell me that these are not discontinued. I am typing on one right now. I just had to buy a new one because the last one just stopped working.

Not OP.

Can someone tell me where to buy an already modded x230 with FHD Display, flashed bios and x220 Keyboard & palmrest ?

thanks in advance.

Many are much more reasonable. My P52 was ~1600 new but I did add 64GB and a 1TB M.2. Most users don't need that much computer and I don't either but it's nice for running VMs.

where's the middle mouse button? Aside from that, model name?

You better tell my why is there NO FUCKING FULL-SIZE MECHANICAL KEYBOARD WITH A TRACKPOINT
There was an absurdly rare variant of Model-M once and that's it. Why the fuck won't people make a good keyboard.

Because there is a huge ecosystem of people and companies that depend on having new stuff to do. If you just stagnate and just do the same old shit, they don't survive.

Visit forum.thinkpads.com/. Some there do mods or sell modded Pads and have good reputations. Jow Forums is fun but if you're into Pads check forums and Jow Forumsthinkpad/. There's far more content there.

Lack of demand. Feel free to make one yourself if you want one badly enough.

Capitalism. Companies exist for their own profit, not your happiness.

>why did [niche and obscure product that only weebs and discord trannies like] get cancelled?

How many times do people have to make these threads? CRTs, trackballs, 4:3, thinkpads etc.
No one fucking cares, new stuff came out and it’s objectively better than the old stuff. Your subjective opinion is irrelevant.

You mean the Bluetooth Thinkpad keyboard?