Shit Distros

Post shitty Linux distros that are over-hyped.

Attached: 1405931932463[1].png (803x462, 138K)

debian

mx linux
manjaro
devuan
linux mint
anything forked
cringe

>mx linux
This. I saw it on Distrowatch and wondered how it got such high rankings. My theory is there's a cron job on every MX Linux system that loads the distro's page on there, giving it nearly twice the amount of hits as the second distro.

It had some nice configuration options, like a simple check box to enable TearFree for AMDGPU, but it was based on oldstable so the packages were ancient. I literally couldn't use it.

Ubuntu and fedora. They're for people that dont know how to install and use arch properly

Attached: 1560514964068.png (688x1430, 156K)

Any os that isn't windows tbqh.

Attached: Gabriel2.png (1920x1080, 1.07M)

07 is when normalfags flooded the internet
interest in gentoo likely remained the same but was smaller in proportion to searches for other things

Arch is a meme

Attached: arch1.jpg (1000x922, 60K)

Linux users are in the order of millions, even on the desktop.
Not even 1% will check some stupid distrohopper webpage.
But check wikimedia data, Ubuntu and Fedora at top. People who visit wikipedia is a better indicator, but then, there's a 50% of users who don't reveal the linux distro with the web browser user agent

As an arch user, I have to agree.

Ubuntu unironically has so much bloat it's almost unusable. Arch is by far the best distro for personal use.

Fuck off faggot

Attached: arch users LOL.png (1080x1032, 1.43M)

people who have a job vs
people who are neet

I'm a full time engieering student with a part time job
Not an argument

debian, arch, gentoo, ubuntu, mint, damn small linux, zotac linux, deepin, red hat, fedora

Are you a slackware user.

Attached: debian-suicide.png (200x300, 47K)

I don't get what OP is trying to say with this pic, can someone please explain?

He's saying pic related

Attached: install gentoo motherfucker.png (285x313, 228K)

bloat doesn't really matter unless you need the extra room and performance.
The real problem is the DE's.

install gentoo.

unironically already done. Gentoo is best distro for low-resource computers.

anything but gNewSense

all deb and rpm distros suck dick

you use windows phone? cool

Ubuntu and fedora are made for people who properly use their computers, not want to turn their computers into a glorified childrens toy

>properly use their computers
>can't install arch

Attached: Forty_keks.jpg (600x528, 49K)

Hi Luke.

based

why would somebody who installed gentoo keep searching for gentoo on distro lists?

Attached: 1551130585975.png (550x550, 340K)

validation.

I like arch, but they need to fix a lot of the hashes in their package database. I'm also fond of the fact that it was super easy to get working with either OpenRC or Runit instead of being force to use some gay ass nigger shit like Systemd. Though without systemd it took quite a bit of workarounds for all my laptop key combos to work properly, especially all the crap KDE tries to do to get hotkeys working, I'm proud to have switched over to AwesomeWM though.

I don't really understand how it could take anyone over 30 minutes or so to get a fully decked out and riced OpenRC Archlinux installation. Hell if I accidentally bork my system trying something stupid out, I've managed to get everything back to how it was in less than 5 at this point.

You might not like it but that is what peak moeblob perfoamce looks like.

>posting an image that jpeg'ed to hell and back
commit seppuku

Why the fuck would you be retarded enough to reveal your actual distro? If you enjoy fingerprinting and telemetry that much you should use windows.

One of my professors uses Arch with KDE.

I read all the stuff about how awesome it was so I took the plunge and threw it on a dell laptop. It worked, technically, but there were a bunch of little problems. Had to unplug and replug headphones to get the system to recognize that something was in the jack after reboot. Brightness controls were wonky. The big one was that the cpu fan would never stop once it started so it would be silent for half an hour then sound like a jet engine, until I installed fancontrol daemon that should have come with it in the first place. I don't like lennartware on general principle but at least it more or less works without this level of jankiness.

Yeah it wasn't bad per se, it just gave a bunch of options in its settings thinger that I could have easily set with editing files (and I do that even on Ubuntu).

But the old packages really held me back.

Which version did you install? My packages were pretty up to date

18.3, which is based on oldstable (stretch). Would haven't been nearly as bad if it was based on stable (buster), but I still like having somewhat newer packages than that. It doesn't have to be bleeding edge like Arch, but I appreciate not having to fuck around much to get reasonably up to date packages. I'm now using KDE neon which is based on 18.04.2, which is a nice balance between newness and stability.

Seconding Ubuntu: the only Linux that added malware in as a feature. I don't care if they later removed it, it shows where their loyalty lies. Fuck Ubuntu. Forks forever.

>proper use of a computer is dicking around with the command line and pacman -Syu'ing all day
I smell a NEET.

>only Linux that added malware in as a feature
gonna need sauce

That Amazon desktop thing that came with Ubuntu for awhile was spyware.

>spyware
From what I've found, it's freetard hyperbole. It literally was just showing Amazon results when you searched. An absolutely retarded and unnecessary feature, but I don't see anything indicating any real spying.

it sends what you type to amazon

>having your distro purposely comment out every config file is a feature
sounds like a fun experience

>to amazon
To Canonical, which served the results from Amazon. Again, it was only when you searched in the menu and was showing simple search results, not targeted advertising.

How do these still get just lumped together like that? 5min onto the forums and one would see there are completly different communities behind each, just both not as obnoxious as the Arch crowd.

Fedora and Ubuntu.

Anything that isn't fedora or ubuntu

*gnu/gentoo

FPBP

fedorta and ubuntu

Hate to break it to you but there are a lot of GNU/Linux programs that have telemetry or integrate with some bullshit cloud service that datamines you. I know because I've removed a lot of these things. FOSS doesn't mean developers won't do these things, but it does make it a lot easier to spot it and disable it.

Debian

linux mint
its worse than ubuntu

Attached: objectivebestdistros2019.png (211x385, 27K)

besides ubantu and fedora the rest are flavor of the month memes

>mint
>flavor of the month

>flavor of the month
>thats the list for the past 12 months

It's actually last 30 days, but it's pretty funny that Debian is a flavour of the month.

Mint has been top 10 since 2007. But that list just measures hits on distrowatch, not objective best linux distributions, silly me.

"Best"?
By what objective measure?
Show your working.

Linux lite

I put a bunch of links with logos of distributions in a page.
The ranking is determined by people coming to the site to click on the logo, by the number of clicks.
Completely objective.

No, that's an objective list of the most people come to the site to click whose logo.

Any retard can install arch, you copy and paste commands without understanding what you are doing like you did. But do you know how to program? Didn't think so faggot.

stop kinkshaming, clearly the archfag has a masochism fetish.

No, arch installations differ with hardware and you need to know what you are doing, unlike faggots like you who one click install ubuntu

Mint. No benefit over using some buntu